Roxio game capture hd pro - $117.94 shipped direct from Roxio

NINJA V

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
just saw best buy dropped the price from $149.99 - to 129.99.

not that great of a deal compared to newegg at the moment - unless you got some unused promo credit... here is hoping that it goes back down to $89.99 somewhere.

UPDATE: FOLLOW THE ROXIO LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
or follow this shortcut i found and get it for $110.49 shipped!

click the buy now option and it takes an additional $19.50 off.

ROXIO

[quote name='NINJA V']or follow this shortcut i found and get it for $110.49 shipped!

click the buy now option and it takes an additional $19.50 off.

ROXIO

[/QUOTE]

referral?

hmm?

found it on a you tube video description - maybe it was a direct from roxio promo can't remember. i did use it and it worked.

update: machinima.com discount promo price + roxiostore promo code

For those who care, I got the first Roxio Game Capture before this HD version came out and it was very easy to use. A dozen times easier to use than the Hauppauge HD PVR. Can't speak on the quality of this HD version though.

[quote name='Bagel Bear']How does this compare to the Hauppauge HD Gaming 2 PVR?[/QUOTE]

honestly it's got pros and cons

hd pvr2 1 button push - smaller format - cost more $$$ - other software needed to edit.

roxio - software which lets you upload to youtube + live stream - built in hdmi/composite/component ports

video quality wise both record at same quality + could be modified using additional video editing software, so in my book there is no difference.

i have however heard of hardware and software issues from roxio so...

[quote name='NINJA V']honestly it's got pros and cons

hd pvr2 1 button push - smaller format - cost more $$$ - other software needed to edit.

roxio - software which lets you upload to youtube + live stream - built in hdmi/composite/component ports

video quality wise both record at same quality + could be modified using additional video editing software, so in my book there is no difference.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting! I've been long eyeing a Hauppauge HD PVR2 for use with LiveStreaming, but heard it was kind of a pain in the arse to get setup properly. (Since the PVR is more a recording box than a streaming one) If the Roxio has comparable quality with easier streaming setup and a lower price to boot I may have to get one.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']For those who care, I got the first Roxio Game Capture before this HD version came out and it was very easy to use. A dozen times easier to use than the Hauppauge HD PVR. Can't speak on the quality of this HD version though.[/QUOTE]

Care to explain that one to me?

I have a Happ HD PVR and it worked when the ports were inserted correctly and it captured once I installed the software. When I sold my PC and bought a Mac, it worked instantly after I bought / installed eyetv... so I have to ask, what does it do that makes it "12x" easier to use than the Hauppauge?

obviously figure of speech...? your common sense answers your own question - no need to bust his balls and call him out about it, he was just trying to contribute in a positive way.

again both have pros and cons.

Could anyone here personally comment on the quality of software + drivers? Amazon reviews are really blasting the Roxio for that, and I'm curious how bad it was for peeps here.

I have one I like it. Quick rundown:

-Streaming is good, but the you have to use it's software for twitch.tv streaming and uses a lot of CPU. It tends to lag behind but you can notice it the beginning of the streaming.

-For local recording: I have to keep an eye the recording timer because it says it's recording, but sometimes it won't. I get this problem once every 20-30 recording or so. Great quality, but if you are using Sony Vegas Pro you might need to convert it to another format to be able to edit it.

Any other question I'll try to answer.

Oh yeah, if you use twitch.tv you have to click on "save forever" on your archive videos, if not then they get deleted after 4 days or so. Just found out today about it. ...... damn it.

i would definately check out you tube videos at 720p and 1080 to help make your decision.
i can notice the slight difference in color and fluidity which can be edited or corrected. but then again everyone's eyes see things diffferently.

so far i am really impressed with the roxio hd quality on you tube - but then you get hauppage fan boys bashing it...

i think hdpvr2 is great but for my needs budget and convenience, i'm going with roxio.

bread's done
Back