RPG Thread IX is a steaming pile of pointless monologue. Just Youtube the ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started playing Nier again over the weekend after a little hiatus. Spent a good amount of time Saturday night doing fetch quests and I enjoyed it. Did all the fishing missions and beefed up a couple of my favorite weapons. I'm 75% done with the quests.

Problem is I have 3 games coming in this week (DW Gundam 3, Castlevania LoS, Transformers 3). I hate to do it to poor ol' Nier again but it may take a side seat for a while.

[quote name='bvharris']Nintendo is just trolling us Americans at this point. There's no other explanation.

You already translated the game into English, idiots! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
UK English though, which means that either a translation would have to be Americanized or Nintendo would have to sell Xenoblade as a Dragon Quest game. Still, bundle aside, this quote could've applied to Last Window as well :whistle2:|

Didn't Nintendo say something at E3 about there being more game announcements before the end of the year?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']My god, how much more can you fuck with us Nintendo? I wish I could import the game but of course, the Wii is not fucking region free.[/QUOTE]

Depending on your model (as I think the newest ones won't work with some hacks or something?) it's really easy to make your Wii region free. I won't go into details since it could be misconstrued as piracy talk, but a quick google search will give you all you need to make your Wii play imports.

And thanks guys for the oppinions on LotR Online. Hell, it's free, so I'll prolly give it a shot at some point. Overall can't say I generally like the feel of MMO's though (from what I've played/seen). I play RPGs more for the immersiveness, story, music, interesting battle systems, etc. MMO's seem to be generally lacking in these categories.

Unfortunately we refined American RPG fans will always be cursed by our fellow Americans' overwhelmingly terrible taste in video games. :-({|=

[quote name='bvharris']Unfortunately we refined American RPG fans will always be cursed by our fellow Americans' overwhelmingly terrible taste in video games. :-({|=[/QUOTE]
Amen to that.

[quote name='bvharris']Unfortunately we refined American RPG fans will always be cursed by our fellow Americans' overwhelmingly terrible taste in video games. :-({|=[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I have the urge to put that quote in my sig.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']DW Gundam 3 is this week?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this American picked up his copy this morning. +1 for terrible taste in games.

[quote name='62t']nisa is done with psp

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/2...is-america-imageepoch-and-black-rock-shooter/

guess no criminal girls, tale of the last promise, and black rock shooter[/quote]

what?!

I started playing Nier again over the weekend after a little hiatus. Spent a good amount of time Saturday night doing fetch quests and I enjoyed it. Did all the fishing missions and beefed up a couple of my favorite weapons. I'm 75% done with the quests.

Got it for $10 without manual at Family Video and will bump it up my priority list. Did you register it with square enix.com or whatever? Do they give you surveys like club nintendo? How does that work?

[quote name='2DMention']Got it for $10 without manual at Family Video and will bump it up my priority list. Did you register it with square enix.com or whatever? Do they give you surveys like club nintendo? How does that work?[/QUOTE]

Great price, I think I got mine for about the same. Defiantly bump it up. At least pop it in for 30 minutes just to see how it opens. I was like, "I have no idea WTF just happened, but it was cool." I have the card but haven't used it yet. You want it?

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, this American picked up his copy this morning. +1 for terrible taste in games.[/QUOTE]

I'm broke as hell but after a price drop it'll be mine.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, this American picked up his copy this morning. +1 for terrible taste in games.[/QUOTE]

No worries, Gundams make it better. The only reason I'm picking that game up is to kill Shinn Asuka over and over again. Also it has 00 and Unicorn Gundam in it.

[quote name='blueshinra']:applause:

I have the urge to put that quote in my sig.[/QUOTE]

Feel free. ;) Considering this thread is already twice as long as the previous one, maybe we should just make it the theme of the new thread:

RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS

I'm not going to lie, using the Unicorn Gundam isn't as great as I thought it would be. Right now it seems 00 and Nu Gundam seem like my go to suits.

[quote name='bvharris']RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS[/QUOTE]

I vote this. Perfect summation.

Also, is DWG3 different/better than 2? I have that in my backlog, but haven't played it other than a demo, but I enjoyed it.

I played the hell out of DW Gundam 2 on :ps2: Loved it. Was my first Dynasty Warriors experience. Loved it. Loved experiencing all those gundam franchises that never made it to the states.

Would like to get this latest one. Would even consider breaking my 'play games in order of their acquistion' rule for it.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, people always make fun of me for playing DW games. I just like the mindless hack n' slash. It's relaxing.[/QUOTE]

Chaos Legion, Dynasty Warriors, Onechanbara, whatever - I don't care - I play them and like the grinding to relax.

[quote name='Rodimus']Great price, I think I got mine for about the same. Defiantly bump it up. At least pop it in for 30 minutes just to see how it opens. I was like, "I have no idea WTF just happened, but it was cool." I have the card but haven't used it yet. You want it?[/QUOTE]

You don't want to use it? I might not work. If you feel like it, go online and use it, otherwise I'll take it. I'll PM you my addy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back