RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zmonkay']Gah! I don't have my gambits set up... [/QUOTE]

What are these "gambits" you speak of? Is it this?

Gambit442.jpg

If so, I need to setup plenty of gambits too.

[quote name='distgfx']What are these "gambits" you speak of? Is it this?

Gambit442.jpg

If so, I need to setup plenty of gambits too.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I change my stance. I love Gambits.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Stupid Chairman scheduling a meeting on Saturday afternoon. :bomb: Doesn't he know I'm trying to seal the deal with Yuko?![/QUOTE]

Clearly he does not understand the severity of the situation. Perhaps you should tell him about your motives, and explain to him why that particular meeting on Saturday afternoon would end badly.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Stupid Chairman scheduling a meeting on Saturday afternoon. :bomb: Doesn't he know I'm trying to seal the deal with Yuko?![/QUOTE]

Bring your PSP with you and show you are busy :D

And all the Chairman had to say at the meeting was that the boss Shadows attack on the full moon... Uh yeah, dude, I figured that out two months ago.

Is Fuuka's voice redubbed or different somehow in P3 Portable? I remember finding her very grating from what I played of the PS2 version, but I'm not minding her too much now.

[quote name='momouchi']I stopped half way through my 2nd Persona 3 FES run, maybe I'll finish that if I can pull away from Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 did the same thing to me too, I was playing Tales of Vesperia, and then Fallout 3 went on sale on Steam...

I beat the main story of FO3, but now I am just wandering around everywhere and I still have all of the DLC. I'm never going to finish this game.

Yeah FO3 is HUGE! I put prolly ~ 80 hours in, with NO DLC (yet) and still haven't seen everything. It's one of the reasons I'm waiting on New Vegas (and now Skyrim is coming this fall! argh!).

[quote name='Zmonkay']Yeah FO3 is HUGE! I put prolly ~ 80 hours in, with NO DLC (yet) and still haven't seen everything. It's one of the reasons I'm waiting on New Vegas (and now Skyrim is coming this fall! argh!).[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, they are good games, they just take up WAY too much time

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']That's not bad at all, might need to snag a copy of it (I've always wanted to play a game in this series)[/QUOTE]

Don't start with Suikoden I, it might turn you off to the series. III would probably be the best choice; V would also be good.

[quote name='hetz15']same here, the only suikoden that I never beat is 3. For some reason, it just turned me off. anyway, has anyway played this game before? it is called Septerra Core. Currently on sale on gog.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/septerra_core_legacy_of_the_creator#reviews=1[/QUOTE]

Septeraa Core. It was like a PC-only anime styled console RPG. It was very, very slow moving. At least in the combat animations. I remember it taking like 5-10 seconds for each character to jump, swing blade and return to the start.

granted this was 10 years ago when I played it on pc and things may have changed. but why waste your money? or more importantly, your time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septerra_Core

Also, I'd love to do Broken Steel and some the other DLC for Fallout 3 but don't see myself spending $10 for them. It's a shame these things never go on sale. Especially when it's been years since the game's come out.

[quote name='eldergamer']Septeraa Core. It was like a PC-only anime styled console RPG. It was very, very slow moving. At least in the combat animations. I remember it taking like 5-10 seconds for each character to jump, swing blade and return to the start.

granted this was 10 years ago when I played it on pc and things may have changed. but why waste your money? or more importantly, your time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septerra_Core

Also, I'd love to do Broken Steel and some the other DLC for Fallout 3 but don't see myself spending $10 for them. It's a shame these things never go on sale. Especially when it's been years since the game's come out.[/QUOTE]

Lost Odyssey had some long battle animations, but it was still worth any one's time I think

[quote name='Jest']Holy crap I knew nothing about Catherine as of 2 days ago and now I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

You should be, it's going to be GOTY material (well, for me at least)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']And all the Chairman had to say at the meeting was that the boss Shadows attack on the full moon... Uh yeah, dude, I figured that out two months ago.

Is Fuuka's voice redubbed or different somehow in P3 Portable? I remember finding her very grating from what I played of the PS2 version, but I'm not minding her too much now.[/QUOTE]

Oh ho ho, you managed to fool me good.

I had to turn the demo off shortly after finishing the first puzzle because I know I'm just going to get way too into it.

[quote name='Jest']I had to turn the demo off shortly after finishing the first puzzle because I know I'm just going to get way too into it.[/QUOTE]

I made this mistake...playing the Japanese demo for a month straight. I've been waiting like crazy for this game to drop since then

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I made this mistake...playing the Japanese demo for a month straight. I've been waiting like crazy for this game to drop since then[/QUOTE]

i played the 2 puzzles, and skipped all of the cutscenes; so there will no spoilers hahaha. plus the 2 puzzles are so darn easy.

[quote name='Jest']I had to turn the demo off shortly after finishing the first puzzle because I know I'm just going to get way too into it.[/QUOTE]

No longer #1 in the FGT?

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I made this mistake...playing the Japanese demo for a month straight. I've been waiting like crazy for this game to drop since then[/QUOTE]

It is a pretty good puzzle game, but I'm not too keen on dropping $60 for it.

[quote name='distgfx']It is a pretty good puzzle game, but I'm not too keen on dropping $60 for it.[/QUOTE]

True, but this is really the only game I'm really looking forward this year, so I don't mind dropping $60 on it

[quote name='keithp']Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2? Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age 2, the disc is prettier to look at under my dew can.

[quote name='distgfx']Dragon Age 2, the disc is prettier to look at under my dew can.[/QUOTE]

Sega Superstar Tennis looks nice under my dew can

[quote name='keithp']Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2? Discuss.[/QUOTE]
I'm one of the seemingly few people who was really happy with Dragon Age II, but even so, that's not much of a discussion. :lol: ME2 > all

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dragon Age 2 is the best RPG I've played in a long time.

Bioware = King of RPGs.

JRPGs, fall in line. Your time is up.[/QUOTE]

Just you wait... until Persona 5 comes out. >_>

[quote name='j-cart']Demons Soul's > This thread.

That is until Diablo 3 comes out.[/QUOTE]

Now, now, let's not try to start anything here. That was just mean and totally unnecessary.

ME2 was so friggin good. I think its the only game besides Uncharted 2 that I've ever finished then started right back up again.

I haven't played FF7 in a few years so I've started that up again today. The best $30 you can spend on PSN or XBLA are the 3 PS1 Final Fantasys. I just wish I had time to play them all.

[quote name='distgfx']No longer #1 in the FGT?[/QUOTE]
Yeah since I haven't played a fighter in over a year. :roll:

[quote name='distgfx']Now, now, let's not try to start anything here. That was just mean and totally unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

Okay it was. However Diablo 3 will stake its claim again as King of RPGs when it is released.

[quote name='j-cart']Okay it was. However Diablo 3 will stake its claim again as King of RPGs when it is released.[/QUOTE]

Shut your mouth, Jake. :nottalking:

Diablo 3 is ActiBlizz, so nobody should buy it on principle.

Diablo is the Calladuty of dungeon crawlers.

[quote name='Jest']Yeah since I haven't played a fighter in over a year. :roll:[/QUOTE]

That's just a 1 year meditative period, go to evo and show everybody the meaning of the BEAT DOWN NETWORK!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Diablo is the Calladuty of dungeon crawlers.[/QUOTE]
People might not mind Call of Duty so much if that series had only had two games over 15 years!

Okay this thread needs some real talk.

Persona 3 Portable is Persona 3 but on the PSP correct?

Also is there anything that won't spoil P3 so I know the story from the games before?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
JRPGs, PS2 and earlier > WRPGs > JRPGs this gen[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with you on this, only JRPGs I've enjoyed this generation are FFXIII, ToV, MC2, and Lost Odyssey

[quote name='j-cart']Persona 3 Portable is Persona 3 but on the PSP correct?

Also is there anything that won't spoil P3 so I know the story from the games before?[/QUOTE]
I don't think there's any connection to the prior Persona games, except for some cameos that aren't plot-related. P3P is indeed Persona 3, with some enhancements from FES and P4 and an all-new female version of the main character, but minus The Answer chapter, and everything outside of Tartarus has been replaced by static backgrounds that you use a cursor to interact with rather than 3D movement through the environment.

What is the deal with the Persona 2 re-release including no bonuses by still costing $40? :cold:

Is it me, or does the Sealed cave on the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV seem really hard. Those fights are brutal. If you don't kill the Trap Doors in so many rounds, it turns into a hard enemy that wipes you out. I'm trying to kill those to level up to go to the eidions cave and get Leviatian. What level is good? 35?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back