[Rumor?] Buy 2 Get 1 free at Toys R US. Is coming soon read inside

nba4life2k

CAGiversary!
I found this so take a look.

"Attention:"

"Starting August 14, 2004 we(tru) will be bringing back the "Buy 2 get 1 free" promo. This promo is one of our most popular promotions out there. Last year alone generated over $50,000,000 in revenue. Please start spreading the word and get the rumors started. Remember anything that will bring the customers into Toys"R'Us is a good thing. "

also it will be online. and apparently it will have free overnight shipping online

Woo HOO!!! I remember that one. I picked up a ton of games, but the only that is on my mind right now is Baldur's gate and Onimusha.

The free overnight shipping sounds almost too good to be true, probably gonna get restricted to certain titles online like it was last year :|

In store, however, I will most definitely be checking it out :)

that would be a great deal for budget titles...and some older games and GH type games as well

I dont know exactly how this works since i just joined this year. How does the TRU b2g1 free work? Are they giving you specific titles or can you choose all three?

So, I could buy 2 $50 titles and get another one free? Or I could buy 2 $20 titles and get another free? It sounds like a good deal.

Umm..whats the source? I see you say "found this" but if its not from a reliable source then I find it very hard to believe that online they will not only give us a free game for buying 2 but also free overnight shipping. Sounds like bullshit to me.

Please start spreading the word and get the rumors started. Remember anything that will bring the customers into Toys"R'Us is a good thing.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, since I hope B2G1 videogames comes back soon also, but I didn't see anything about videogames mentioned in the quote.

Which systems fall under this sale? Is it another PS2-only? I hope not...

[quote name='nmon3447']I dont know exactly how this works since i just joined this year. How does the TRU b2g1 free work? Are they giving you specific titles or can you choose all three?[/quote]

The B&M sale allows you to choose from the store's entire stock. The online sale usually limits you to a specific selection of about 40 games. The only restriction on prices is that the free game must be equal or lesser value to the cheapest of the two games that are actually being purchased.

nice... this starts the day before my birthday! i know what im asking for.... $$$$$$$$$

but yeah, can someone explain this deal to me and the other n00bies out there, a lil confused... is it like buy any 2 games and get a 3rd game (for equal or lesser value) free for all systems? if it is i may just cream my pants

If it's anything like the past few times, there's going to be a selection of 20-30 games on all platforms. The deal works only for those games.

[quote name='defender']Umm..whats the source? I see you say "found this" but if its not from a reliable source then I find it very hard to believe that online they will not only give us a free game for buying 2 but also free overnight shipping. Sounds like bullshit to me.

Please start spreading the word and get the rumors started. Remember anything that will bring the customers into Toys"R'Us is a good thing.
[/quote]I'd assume that it's not B.S. since they have had this sale in the past. The free shipping is something that will have people not going into the store and just have them look at the website. I'd expect this to be real but so far the OP has said anything else. If everything that NBA said is true , then thanks OP. This sounds like a great deal. Also, could I get NBA Ballers as a free game and still get Midway ArcadeT. I want to get 2 $50 games and it would be even better if I can get 4 good games for $100. :p

If true then the timing will be perfect for me to have enough TRU store credit from my TRU Visa card to cover a couple of mid-range ($25-35) games and kick in the promotion.

Excellent, Smithers. Now fetch me the paper. I wish to see if anything bad has happened to orphans today.

[quote name='StealthySeal']nice... this starts the day before my birthday! i know what im asking for.... $$$$$$$$$

but yeah, can someone explain this deal to me and the other n00bies out there, a lil confused... is it like buy any 2 games and get a 3rd game (for equal or lesser value) free for all systems? if it is i may just cream my pants[/quote]

Last time they had it, every game in stock counted. You had to buy 2 and get a 3rd free but they all had to be on the same system. You can't mix n match PS2 GC and Xbox games. My friend and I bought Star Wars Rebel Strike, Soul Calibur 2, and an NHL game he wanted. They were priced at $50 each, so it was $100 for 3 games. Hope that helped.

Yay. I can't wait, I remember cashing out big last year, though it happened in November around Christmas time...

Wow excellent timing as now I plan on getting Mega Man, SF II , and something else(maybe Onimusha 3 if the price drops)

o and since everyone seems to have a birthday right around the time this sale hits(myself included, Aug. 13) I hope they bring it back around Cristmas

well I hope the deal is going to happen soon. I would love to stock up on some games. And it would great if the deal was online too, that way I would have more options incase I can't find what I want in store.

i wonder if im the only one who feels this way....

I dont think this deal is as good as it one was.

with target rain checks being 48% off and all, its kinda ruined the buy 2 get 1 deal.

with the buy 2 get 1, all your getting is 33% off really.

I already have my list: Doom III, Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, and either Riddick, SpiderMan2, or Driv3r. Wait.....I can't wait for Doom III, so the the last 4 prob. Actually, I'll exchange most of what I get at TRU there again, or someplace else, for games I REALLY want later on. I missed this deal last time, and I won't make the same mistake twice.

If I remember correctly, online you had to pick from a selection of games. It started out pretty good, but I think dwindled pretty fast. The real deal lies in getting the games at the store. I'm pretty sure any video game worked.

My props to the guy interested in KUF: TC, I can't wait for that game, it should be awesome. It looks like an extremely beautiful and revamped Dynasty Warriors type game, but with cooler characters and units. I should definitely be getting that game when it releases.

This is great if Toys R Us is bringing back this deal. I missed it the first time, so Ill be sure to get ready for it the second time.

yeah i wonder how long the deal will last because monster hunter does not come out ill the end of the month. Ill problaby pick up madden, Monster hunter, and game to be named later.

NBA, just wondering where you got your source for this from? It's weird it starts on a Saturday and not a Sunday, but still could be true.

I went to Toys r us today and they still had that buy one get one free sale, nothing good they had a genesis game, golf for 10 bucks.

I am not sure why only 1 person has replied to my skepticism.

I think the deal sounds like a rumor. Toys R Us had the b2g1f offer to help bring people into the store. I am sure they sold a ton of mem cards and other items as well.

There has yet to be any reply for where this reliable source is from. The OP even has it quoted to "get the rumors started" and " anything that will bring the customers". Personally I dont see free overnight shipping in the quote. I also dont see any mention of video games. A b2g1f deal can be done in many ways.

How about a reply from OP about this source?

If it's true, my Local TRU has a TON of old PS1 games and DC games they ca't get rid of, and let's just say some of them re REALLY nice and might give me a reason to pick a few up....

last time i got in on a buy 2 get 1 deal at tru....it applied to all games mix and match...and on that day...you got a big ass lion king stuffed animal for free for every $100 you spent....i spent over $200 so i got simba and nayla (i think thats her name?)....but i do recall them having a buy 2 get 1 on only select titles as well....

Yeah looking at it again, it does sound sketchy. TRU wouldn't send out a message like that telling people to pass on the news of the sale. The promotion is a huge deal at TRU, but I remember the first year it ran(it was a coupon, didn't automatically come off) it actually ended up costing them more money than it was worth as stores were told to only honor the deal for people with coupons and to pull all the coupons from the stores. Plus you run into those people who know how to cheat the system and end up getting a crapload of games for barely any money. But the last two years of the promotion were a huge success.

Anyway, I'm not saying it won't happen, but from what I'm hearing, the current BOGO offer of all the old inventory has been a good enough success that it will most likely be continued with new things added. Perhaps this is what is starting next month.

i hope the sale doesnt happen untill star ocean 3 comes out stateside....tales of symphonia, plus star ocean 3, plus terminator 3 redemption - awesomness.

i'm going with defender, no where does it say anything about video games, TRU has had b2g1 and b1g1 deals on board games and other stuff.

it sound like a get internet rumors started so people show up in the store.

[quote name='fireball343']i'm going with defender, no where does it say anything about video games, TRU has had b2g1 and b1g1 deals on board games and other stuff.

it sound like a get internet rumors started so people show up in the store.[/quote]

Well, it's not like they did this last year.. or anything.. etc..

Yeah, I've been hearing about that deal for a while, but my money was already spent on another deal, just because I didn't want to take the chance that TRU may not have what I wanted.

I've got $20 of store credit from my TRU Visa just waiting to leap into action for this if it applies to the department we all have in mind.

There's a pretty good selection of $20 titles I'm intent on someday owning. With the credit it should work out to about $25 for three of those after tax.

I'm waiting on 2 25$ gift cards from my AMEX rewards, hopefully I'll get them in time for this sale if it indeed is happening.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm waiting on 2 25$ gift cards from my AMEX rewards, hopefully I'll get them in time for this sale if it indeed is happening.[/quote]

Gotta love kickback programs. I always get a special satisfaction from using my TRU Visa at Best Buy and also getting points on the Reward Zone card for the same purchase. I've been trying to think of a way to bring a third kickback program into the mix but the answer still eleudes me.

That reminds me. Everybody may remember a few years ago there were a zillion online point sites where you earned points for reading ads much more points for actually responding to the ads. One of the earliest and most legit is still around at www.mypoints.com

After all the other collapsed for various reasons of gross dishonesty and bad management these guys have kept going and even appeared to prosper. Strangely enough, with all the assorted rip-off schemes on the net this one does exactly what it claims and appears to make the companies involved happy so the gift cards keep coming.

It mostly consists of just receiving emails, clicking on a link to open a web ad, closing the window and deleting the message. You get five points for that. You get points in much bigger increments for shopping through them and actually doing business with the advertisers but for my purposes it extremely rare they make a good offer. One time Fox Home Video offered a really good deal when the first Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD Season set came out and I got several hundred points for doing that. Mostly it's just slogging through 5 points at a time until you reach a goal. For me it's usually been TRU gift cards. You get $20 worth for 2650 points. It may sound like a lot but since most of the time you just open the links, close the window, and delte the message so automatically that you don't notice how fast it accumulates.

IIRC I've gotten about $180 in TRU credit with this site. Not bad for clicking a few links and once in a great seeing something of interest. Of course, they have a kickback program for signing up new folks so I welcome one and all to use the link below. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions. It's not quick but it is almost entirely painles and every once in a while you get some goodies for your effort.

http://www.mypoints.com/mp/bannerGa...target=signupi.p_main?l_inReferVC2=ERIPOB0100

ERIPOB0100 is the member name to use for referrals.

bread's done
Back