Rumor:EB/GS holding some Wiis for Black Friday

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Take this with a grain of salt, one of my friends works at an EB and was telling me they are holding some Wiis from being sold, to be sold on Black Friday. I am sure some CAGs who work at EB know better, but this is what he told me, he has no reason to lie, so I figured I'd post it.

No point too. No additional savings. The faster EB/GS sell the fasser they get restocked Seems REALLY stupid to hold some back.

[quote name='gizmogc']No point too. No additional savings. The faster EB/GS sell the fasser they get restocked Seems REALLY stupid to hold some back.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking more or less for exposure. Alot of people who never even heard of EB / GS (these people do exist) will go there if they want a Wii and everyone else is sold out. They'll probably keep on going back once they know the store exists, too.

It's basacially free advertising on product they are going to sell anyways.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm thinking more or less for exposure. Alot of people who never even heard of EB / GS (these people do exist) will go there if they want a Wii and everyone else is sold out. They'll probably keep on going back once they know the store exists, too.

It's basacially free advertising on product they are going to sell anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get that. It just seems like only gamers will goto EB/GS on BF. Then again I'm sure parents will be looking to buy a PS3/Wii for shitmas.

[quote name='gizmogc']No point too. No additional savings. The faster EB/GS sell the fasser they get restocked Seems REALLY stupid to hold some back.[/QUOTE]

no point he would lie to me though

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm thinking more or less for exposure. Alot of people who never even heard of EB / GS (these people do exist) will go there if they want a Wii and everyone else is sold out. They'll probably keep on going back once they know the store exists, too.

It's basacially free advertising on product they are going to sell anyways.[/quote]

I've heard that Wii could be restocked days after launch. If this does happen to be true holding Wiis would make no sense.

The manager at the EB here told me he only has enough Wii's to fill the pre-orders. He said don't bother coming if you don't have a pre-order.

[quote name='ShimSham']Slightly OT, for those of you who did preorder at EBStop, did you get your Reggie call tonight?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but my GS is resisting a midnight launch... they said the district manager might "force them" to do it. I hope so.

bread's done
Back