Rumor - New GameCube $50 at Wal-mart (YMMV Greatly!)

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
My roommate just told me that he and some friends were at a Wal-Mart (Evansville, IN, west side) last night and they had Gamecubes marked at $50. I know the store I work at doesn't have 'em at this price but I haven't checked any other stores.

I can't say for certian that he didn't read the price wrong or that the store didn't have 'em mismarked or anything... Anyone seen any such thing anywhere?

ill take a stab and say the store had the pricetag for pokemon xd the game uneder the system bundle instead..., and this is what ur friends saw.

walmart sales are notoriously ymmv. tho i think i saw the same sale at sears about a year and a half ago.

if this is the cube with mario party 7 with mic and 2 controllers, then that is an excellent deal, if not, (if it is just the system and 1 controller, that is just a meh deal.) the cube will be very cheap when the revolution comes out. i am actually pretty shocked it hasnt dropped more places

For $50 I would actually go out and pick up a cube. But it sounds too YMMV for any Wal-Marts around me. I'm also surprised that there hasn't been any price drops with the system also.

I'd be shocked if this was true...the cube actually sells very well for Wal-Mart at the $99 price point. Nintendo stuff is always one of their better sellers because of all the parents with kiddies that shop there. My Wal-Mart actually had a sign out at Christmas that said limit 1 per customer because they kept selling out.

I've noticed at the TRU sales that Gamecube stuff is also always the first to sell out. Probably again because more kids/parents shop there. If you go to an actual video game store, the Gamecube section is almost non-existent because it just doesn't sell as well to gamers/adults.

Personally, my Gamecube, DS, and GBA are my favorite systems. Can't wait for Revolution. I've been a Nintendo fan for 20 years now...since I was a kid in the 80s.

No i have seen a cube for $60. It was only the system (with no games) in purple, my friend bought it at walmart.

imo that really isnt THAT good of a deal, the mario party 7 with mic, 2 controllers + system for 99(the holiday bundle) is arguably a better deal.

Depends. With the Mario Party 7 deal, you're basically paying $30 for Mario Party 7 - and there's a lot of people who wouldn't want to pay $10 for a Mario Party game.

A $50 Cube and $20 Resident Evil 4 (since it officially went Player's Choice now) means someone, somewhere would be interested in this.

[quote name='dracula']imo that really isnt THAT good of a deal, the mario party 7 with mic, 2 controllers + system for 99(the holiday bundle) is arguably a better deal.[/QUOTE]

And it's an even better deal if you pick it up at Game Crazy.

Why?

They give you a sheet of 12 free rental coupons.

That's worth $60 right there.

Even renting games or movies from Hollywood Video isn't your thing, the coupons usually sell for $20 on eBay.

So, system, MP7 & mic and 2 controllers for $79.

MP7 not that good of a game?

No biggie, dump it on eBay for $30. Then, the new system and 2 controllers are costing you $49 before taxes.

For some of the more lazy people, the work (and risk) of selling the coupons and game on eBay just wouldn't be worth it for a second controller.

But to each their own.

[quote name='Rictor']I'd be shocked if this was true...the cube actually sells very well for Wal-Mart at the $99 price point. Nintendo stuff is always one of their better sellers because of all the parents with kiddies that shop there. My Wal-Mart actually had a sign out at Christmas that said limit 1 per customer because they kept selling out.

I've noticed at the TRU sales that Gamecube stuff is also always the first to sell out. Probably again because more kids/parents shop there. If you go to an actual video game store, the Gamecube section is almost non-existent because it just doesn't sell as well to gamers/adults.

Personally, my Gamecube, DS, and GBA are my favorite systems. Can't wait for Revolution. I've been a Nintendo fan for 20 years now...since I was a kid in the 80s.[/QUOTE]

Spare us the philosophy about why you think the GC sells better at Walmart compared to rip-off game stores. Please.

I just called my friend to verify, he got it for $60.... but that was last summer (around 6 months ago) so $10 more price drop seems logical.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']And it's an even better deal if you pick it up at Game Crazy.

Why?

They give you a sheet of 12 free rental coupons.

That's worth $60 right there.

Even renting games or movies from Hollywood Video isn't your thing, the coupons usually sell for $20 on eBay.

So, system, MP7 & mic and 2 controllers for $79.

MP7 not that good of a game?

No biggie, dump it on eBay for $30. Then, the new system and 2 controllers are costing you $49 before taxes.[/QUOTE]

You were not joking, it realy does go for $30 or so, wow i am impressed! $50 for a GC with 2 controlers is a damn fine deal.

If it is true, this is a pretty good deal, but you can get more stuff buying used, not to mention getting a unit with the digital video output.

[quote name='UncleBob']For some of the more lazy people, the work (and risk) of selling the coupons and game on eBay just wouldn't be worth it for a second controller.

But to each their own.[/QUOTE]

If my wife rented movies every week, I wouldn't sell the coupons and that would drive the price down another $40. So, the console would eventually cost the equivalent of $9.

[quote name='abhinav']You were not joking, it realy does go for $30 or so, wow i am impressed! $50 for a GC with 2 controlers is a damn fine deal.[/QUOTE]

All of those Mario Party games have tremendous staying power.

I sold a cart only Mario Party 2 (N64) with a damaged label for $15 in a matter of minutes on eBay during the last GC 3 for $15 sale.

i work for wal-mart in jackson, mo. we have all our jet black (the only color we ever get) gamecubes marked down to $68.

[quote name='UncleBob']My roommate just told me that he and some friends were at a Wal-Mart (Evansville, IN, west side) last night and they had Gamecubes marked at $50. I know the store I work at doesn't have 'em at this price but I haven't checked any other stores.

I can't say for certian that he didn't read the price wrong or that the store didn't have 'em mismarked or anything... Anyone seen any such thing anywhere?[/QUOTE]

a gamecube for $50 would be nice, but its hardly a consolation for having to live in that godforsaken town

bread's done
Back