RUMOR: Suikoden VI for Wii

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Found this info on suikosource.com. I don't know about you but I've been dying for the next installment of Suikoden. We haven't heard as much as a peep about a Suikoden VI so this is definatly an up-lifting rumor for both Suikoden & Wii fans.

I know it's just a rumor but I am surprised to see it may be on the Wii since the Suikoden franchise has been strictly Sony (except that Card battle game for the GBA)

Quoted from: suikosource.com
According to a poster on 2ch.net, the latest JUMP magazine 'confirms' that Suikoden VI is being made for Wii.

Obviously this rumor has been going around for a while, but this is the first instance in which a magazine supposedly confirms it. Hopefully we can find out for sure soon.

For anybody overflowing with excitement right now - This is still a rumor.

I doubt this..

All suikoden's have been made for sony systems.. from ps1-psp..

God I wish theyd put suikoden 1/2 on psp here in the states... If I could read korean id have imported that pos by now -_-V

Still.. it might be fun..but odds are itll be fire emblem style..

I'd be fine with getting Suikoden VI - so long as it's actually just Suikoden II with a new name and cover art, of course.[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I doubt this..

God I wish theyd put suikoden 1/2 on psp here in the states... If I could read korean id have imported that pos by now -_-V

Still.. it might be fun..but odds are itll be fire emblem style..[/quote]It might be fun, but odds are it will be Fire Emblem style? But? But? BUT? Dear sir, you are a coward and a knave, and I will not stand for it! Have at you!

[quote name='The Crotch']I'd be fine with getting Suikoden VI - so long as it's actually just Suikoden II with a new name and cover art, of course.It might be fun, but odds are it will be Fire Emblem style? But? But? BUT? Dear sir, you are a coward and a knave, and I will not stand for it! Have at you![/quote]

Im pissed at Fire Emblem, hence the BUT.

Miciah's characters suck ass late in the game.. when you get General Taurreno back.. the battle on the cliff vs the 70 troops down below is impossible.. edward + nolan+ everyone else die in two hits -_-V

Gahhhhh

Oh, that one. Here's what I did...

First off, I had Tauroneo with a javelin and some melee weapons (steel great lance at the least) on the far left. I had him hop down the cliff and hold ground there. He wouldn't really attack enemies below due to the nearby healers, but he kicked ass at holding the cliff. I had Leonardo make his way left, too - but I was very careful about it. He has poor speed growth, so make sure you have him equip his special bow to boost his speed. Always watch for how far the enemy Pegasi can move. If you must, sent Sothe over.

Now, the bit on the right is a lot harder. Aran and Micaiha are slow as fuck, yes. Jill is a huge help here with Canto. You can have her head out, brave axe a guy (you don't get countered on the first two shots with a brave weapon), and fly back to hold the line. Just make sure you don't end the turn with her holding a brave weapon - that will get you a good pile of kills, but it will ultimately kill Jill. Jill will be your main "blocker" person. You'll probably be switching out Volug, Nolan, Aran, and Edward for the other spots. Friendly NPCs are very important (especially the wyverns), and knowing when to have them attack and when to have them retreat is important. Remember that they will not heal when set to anything but roam. If you don't need Sothe to deal with the pegasi on the left side, he'll be quite handy as a blocker here. If you have a physic staff, use it - a lot. Remember that Thani rapes armour knights.

That was one of my favourite fights. It was also one of the hardest.

[quote name='The Crotch']Oh, that one. Here's what I did...

First off, I had Tauroneo with a javelin and some melee weapons (steel great lance at the least) on the far left. I had him hop down the cliff and hold ground there. He wouldn't really attack enemies below due to the nearby healers, but he kicked ass at holding the cliff. I had Leonardo make his way left, too - but I was very careful about it. He has poor speed growth, so make sure you have him equip his special bow to boost his speed. Always watch for how far the enemy Pegasi can move. If you must, sent Sothe over.

Now, the bit on the right is a lot harder. Aran and Micaiha are slow as fuck, yes. Jill is a huge help here with Canto. You can have her head out, brave axe a guy (you don't get countered on the first two shots with a brave weapon), and fly back to hold the line. Just make sure you don't end the turn with her holding a brave weapon - that will get you a good pile of kills, but it will ultimately kill Jill. Jill will be your main "blocker" person. You'll probably be switching out Volug, Nolan, Aran, and Edward for the other spots. Friendly NPCs are very important (especially the wyverns), and knowing when to have them attack and when to have them retreat is important. Remember that they will not heal when set to anything but roam. If you don't need Sothe to deal with the pegasi on the left side, he'll be quite handy as a blocker here. If you have a physic staff, use it - a lot. Remember that Thani rapes armour knights.

That was one of my favourite fights. It was also one of the hardest.[/quote]

O forgot to mention, i have all characters, but quit using Leonardo and a few others.. I have Edward/Zikari/Jill/Taurreno/Laura/Aran/Michian.. thats basically it... edward is like level 14, meg is 3, fiona 9, I never used them really.. too weak.. its such a shame they gimp Miciah's party so badly the entire game.. but give Ike and elicia the best damn units..

Plus the wyverns go down and kill themselves.. Am I really supposed to kill the pegasus knights who were in my battle for the last game? Or does the battle end before hand.. cuz like.. My characters really suck lol

It always amazes me how The Crotch can segue any thread into a Fire Emblem discussion. Of course, he was provoked this time. It's like instead of six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's six degrees of Fire Emblem.

While clearly just a rumor at this point, I don't see any reason why Suikoden VI shouldn't be on the Wii. None of the Suikoden iterations have really pushed graphics. IV aside, I've been fine with the style that's been presented in every game. I would love to see another game presented in an updated Suikoden II style, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Sadly, I feel that Suikoden is a dying series. It seems to take a backseat to many other RPGs and is not a big seller. It really is a shame since very few RPGs take the approach that Suikoden does, and very few games of any type can measure up to the storyline that is typically presented.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']O forgot to mention, i have all characters, but quit using Leonardo and a few others.. I have Edward/Zikari/Jill/Taurreno/Laura/Aran/Michian.. thats basically it... edward is like level 14, meg is 3, fiona 9, I never used them really.. too weak.. its such a shame they gimp Miciah's party so badly the entire game.. but give Ike and elicia the best damn units..

Plus the wyverns go down and kill themselves.. Am I really supposed to kill the pegasus knights who were in my battle for the last game? Or does the battle end before hand.. cuz like.. My characters really suck lol[/quote]Don't worry if you haven't used Meg or Fiona since you first got them - nobody does; however, you'll want guys like Leonardo and Nolan around. Don't be afraid to use up your bonus EXP and stat-boosting items.

I've played that level a few times, and I always had one wyvern who lasted a ridiculously long time. Try to make sure that there are no wounded allies nearby so that the NPC with the physic staff will have no choice but to heal a wyvern. Or just physic one yourself if you have the staff and can spare it.

And if you let those pegasus knights attack with impunity on the left, the enemy will scale the cliffs and be able to attack your rear. Besides, you need all the kills you can get.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It always amazes me how The Crotch can segue any thread into a Fire Emblem discussion. Of course, he was provoked this time. It's like instead of six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's six degrees of Fire Emblem.

While clearly just a rumor at this point, I don't see any reason why Suikoden VI shouldn't be on the Wii. None of the Suikoden iterations have really pushed graphics. IV aside, I've been fine with the style that's been presented in every game. I would love to see another game presented in an updated Suikoden II style, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Sadly, I feel that Suikoden is a dying series. It seems to take a backseat to many other RPGs and is not a big seller. It really is a shame since very few RPGs take the approach that Suikoden does, and very few games of any type can measure up to the storyline that is typically presented.[/quote]

It died after 2... 3,4,5 were terrible..

And i briefly played suikoden tactics.. and Id like to get it asap..

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It always amazes me how The Crotch can segue any thread into a Fire Emblem discussion. Of course, he was provoked this time. It's like instead of six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's six degrees of Fire Emblem.[/quote]I'm currently planning a massive derail of the "CAG Vs GAF Warhawk Game", "Mass Effect", and "Al Sharpton" threads. The only thing that could stop me now is the combined might of the OTT and the Cat. Pic. Thread.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I would love to see another game presented in an updated Suikoden II style, but I doubt that would ever happen.[/quote]We can all dream, can't we?

Not a lot of Suikoden love...... kinda sad. I wonder why you people would doubt this? It's not like Konami is a Playstation exclusive company.

Ice2Dragon: Suikoden V was terrible? Please explain. I thought it had great characters and an awsome story. The combat was dated but any fan of Suikoden 2 (or any old school RPG) would've cared less. The game was fairly well received by both RPG and Suikoden fans alike. I'll give you Suikoden IV but III could be debated.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Not a lot of Suikoden love...... kinda sad. I wonder why you people would doubt this? It's not like Konami is a Playstation exclusive company.

Ice2Dragon: Suikoden V was terrible? Please explain. I thought it had great characters and an awsome story. The combat was dated but any fan of Suikoden 2 (or any old school RPG) would've cared less. The game was fairly well received by both RPG and Suikoden fans alike. I'll give you Suikoden IV but III could be debated.[/quote]

I guess I just lost faith after 3.. 3 had too many main characters and story lines to follow.. and recruiting everyone.. albeit fun.. was more of a pain.. and the parties you got (similiar to fire emblem) were heavily unbalanced.

4 was garbage. That took the series down even more.

5 I think I just lost interest after 3 and 4.. the story seemed to drag on.. and (seemed to me anyways) that it was incredibly short compared to 1/2

Wouldnt it be sweet if the WII or (other systems) got a suikoden disc with all 6 suikodens on it? I mean honestly? How freaking sweet would that be..

Im sure japan will get it..

Suikoden V had an awsome story, the first few hours dragged a bit but compared to other JRPGs this had a very compelling storyline. Maybe it's me but sometimes I get tired of the "save the world" crap. And why would you care if a system got all the Suikoden games on 1 disc? After II weren't they all terrible?

Maybe I'm being too rude, but Suikoden V is probably one of my favorite RPGs (along with SMT III) I tend to get defensive.

Any idea where the next storyline will take place. Purhaps Kanakan, Kamaro, Namless Lands or finally will we see Harmonia?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Suikoden V had an awsome story, the first few hours dragged a bit but compared to other JRPGs this had a very compelling storyline. Maybe it's me but sometimes I get tired of the "save the world" crap. And why would you care if a system got all the Suikoden games on 1 disc? After II weren't they all terrible?

Maybe I'm being too rude, but Suikoden V is probably one of my favorite RPGs (along with SMT III) I tend to get defensive.

Any idea where the next storyline will take place. Purhaps Kanakan, Kamaro, Namless Lands or finally will we see Harmonia?[/QUOTE]

The last Suikoden will take place in Harmonia. One of the devs said that I think.

I'm so pumped for Suikoden VI.

V was awesome.

I don't know if it is just me or I could see this happening.

Suikoden I and II were for the PS1 which was the platform for RPG games.

Suikoden III-V was on the PS2 because everyone had one and was still the platform for RPG games.

Now think about it, the PS3 has no good RPG games yet and the Wii has lesser development costs and is selling like hotcakes (and is essentially becoming like a PS2 in popularity). I could see them putting a new game on the Wii (which will cost a lot less) instead of a high budget game on the PS3 because did Suidoken really sell well enough for konami to take a risk on a high budget game? To me it just seems like they would ideally make something for the Wii that is a improvement but not by much graphically over the PS2 games and focus from there.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']The last Suikoden will take place in Harmonia. One of the devs said that I think.[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing that too. I would try to confirm this but I'm too lazy... I think they said that they wanted Suikoden VI or VII to be the last. But who's to say? All I know is I want me some more Vicktor & Flik.

Sweet... Not that I would care too much - I'll be getting a PS3 eventually anyway. But I did love Suikoden V. It was one of the handful of games I've played out of my ginormous stack of sealed PS2 RPG's. I enjoyed it quite a bit - yes, awesome story. I have yet to play any of the others (that stack also consists of III, IV, and Tactics - from what I hear, IV will just remain sealed in between III and V to make them look nicer together ;)).

Hard to get excited about this. None of the 3d Suikodens were anything besides an average RPG.

Suikoden 1 and 2 on XBLA would be the greatest thing ever though:)

Suikoden V had a slow start (about 10 hours), but after that it got awesome. My roommate who's only heard about Suikoden watched as I played whenever he was around.

However, I thought there was no Jump till the 18th, or is this not Weekly Shonen Jump?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I doubt this..

Still.. it might be fun..but odds are itll be fire emblem style..[/QUOTE]

For being a big Japanese gamer as I supposed from the HDD boards I would think you would actually KNOW something. Jeez man it's JAPANESE for the PSP version which looks a whole lot different then Korean and sounds different as well. If you think they are either you've never compared the two visually and audiotorially for even the most brief of seconds.
If VI ends up on the Wii exclusively I really will have to get it.

Suikoden, being one of my (if not my #1) favorite RPG series, was one of my big reasons that I thought would force me to buy a PS3 eventually. I would love some news on it, any news.
I wouldn't mind it being on the Wii so much, but I really hope they don't go over board with the motion controls. I could see they using them quite nicely for the 1-on-1 duels.

VaderNOOOOO.gif

[quote name='suko_32']The Suikoden mini-games with motion controls would be neat.[/quote]
If they brought back the cooking mini-game, and of course, fishing.

As long as they don't make up some action you would have to use in the field, or in battles just for the sake of having the motion control.

[quote name='suko_32']However, I thought there was no Jump till the 18th, or is this not Weekly Shonen Jump?[/quote]
Jump could refer to a lot of different things: Shounen Jump, Super Jump, Young Jump, Ultra Jump...

The article the rumor is refering to is actually a few days old, the 10th to be exact.

Maybe in the big "War" strategy events you could use the Wiimote as a cursor, kinda like a mouse, to select your troops.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I remember hearing that too. I would try to confirm this but I'm too lazy... I think they said that they wanted Suikoden VI or VII to be the last. But who's to say? All I know is I want me some more Vicktor & Flik.[/QUOTE]

I would hope not. Only a few of the 27 true runes have been covered, so unless they lump 5 or 6 together in one game I would have a difficult time seeing the series end at VI or even VII. Besides, there's still a ton of stories that could be done. I would love to see more back story on the Howling Voice Guild. And what about the Sindar ruins? It would be very interesting to see a game where we encounter actual Sindarians.

And Viktor and Flik, as much as I like them, I really don't want to see them return as a Star of Destiny. I think their roles have already been played in the Suikoden timeline. It would be interesting to see them show up as cameos, but nothing beyond that.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I would hope not. Only a few of the 27 true runes have been covered, so unless they lump 5 or 6 together in one game I would have a difficult time seeing the series end at VI or even VII. Besides, there's still a ton of stories that could be done. I would love to see more back story on the Howling Voice Guild. And what about the Sindar ruins? It would be very interesting to see a game where we encounter actual Sindarians.

And Viktor and Flik, as much as I like them, I really don't want to see them return as a Star of Destiny. I think their roles have already been played in the Suikoden timeline. It would be interesting to see them show up as cameos, but nothing beyond that.[/QUOTE]

18 True Runes have been identified so far so only 9 more to go. I could see them finishing it off in two more inatallments. If the last Suikoden will take place in Harmonia that'll introduce a ton of true runes. Since Hikusaak is after them all we can asume he's got a several already. As for the Howling Voice Guild back story they covered a lot of it in the Suikogaiden storys, remember that's also located in Harmonia.

Trust me I'd like to see the series go on forever, but I do remember reading they wanted to finish it and they mentioned a definite number, I just don't remember which one.

Victor & Flik are fan favorites, they'd be dumb not to bring them back in some aspect. Personally I'd like to see them be reintroduced into the 108 Stars.

[quote name='Sarang01']For being a big Japanese gamer as I supposed from the HDD boards I would think you would actually KNOW something. Jeez man it's JAPANESE for the PSP version which looks a whole lot different then Korean and sounds different as well. If you think they are either you've never compared the two visually and audiotorially for even the most brief of seconds.
If VI ends up on the Wii exclusively I really will have to get it.[/quote]

Harsh. I know they're different, but I havent seen a copy of the Japanese version in a long time, only the korean import version.

Its the same game, just a tiny bit different, no need for the incredible rudeness, christ @_@

Um.. Im not a big japanese gamer.. when the hell have I ever said that?

I said I WANTED to import them, but since I cant read either of the languages provided, no point. Sorry im not a guru on the exact differences in the korean/japanese version.

Go outside your house.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']18 True Runes have been identified so far so only 9 more to go. I could see them finishing it off in two more inatallments. If the last Suikoden will take place in Harmonia that'll introduce a ton of true runes. Since Hikusaak is after them all we can asume he's got a several already. [/quote]
The last one (if they did end the series) would have to be in Harmonia. There would need to be an epic battle against Hikusaak, who somehow gathered all, but the last true rune which the Hero would have. Must prevent Hikusaak from using the runes to destroy the world, etc. All past true rune bearers would show up as spirits in a kick ass scene giving power to the last rune bearer. At the end, the true runes are destroyed/sealed/something so they can no longer manipulate the destiny of man.

I may have thought about this too much.

[quote name='suko_32']They better explain the deal with Jeanne and Vicki at or before the end of the series.[/quote]
I don't think they should do anything about Jeane (unless she has a true rune) because just about any explanation would ruin it. Multiple people that look exactly alike, have the same name, same profession. That's just a little dumb.

And, Viki, again, the only "explanation" is that she either has a true rune, or her sneezes blow her through time and space.

Both of which, I'm fine with just accepting that it just happens in every game.

Besides, if they both have true runes, that throws off my fantasy above because they'd have to die and have their runes taken. Although, Viki can still travel through time...

Maybe you should've put that explaination in spoiler tags :lol:

It's been stated that Jeanne doesn't have a true rune. I have a hunch that she (or her family) is of Sindarian decent. I agree, multiple Jeane's does sound dumb, but I think that may be the case, since it's been hinted at before.

I would like to see some of the past heroes return just to see what they've been up to and see how they've grown. Also we can expect a final battle between Pesmerga & Yuber, probably my favorite side story in the Suikoden universe.

Good memories of Yuber pwning me in Suikoden III (though you had to lose). It was my first in the series and got it when it came out. I loved it back then and still love the story, but I just can't go back and play it anymore.

Has anyone else seen this? - http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/01/12/wii-warm-up-role-playing-rumors/

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power: "Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one."

Just thought it was funny, seeing that, then coming here and noticing a Suikoden VI rumor thread in the Wii forum!

[quote name='suko_32']Good memories of Yuber pwning me in Suikoden III (though you had to lose). It was my first in the series and got it when it came out. I loved it back then and still love the story, but I just can't go back and play it anymore.[/quote]

Agreed, when it came out I played through it twice, and I rarely do that with RPGs. But it just didn't age well. When it came out the PS2 was starved for a good RPG and it came out a week after Grandia Extreme so it didn't have much compitition. Still, voice acting would've been nice.

Blueshinra - Thanks for the link, Even if it's not Suikoden VI the Wii defintley needs more RPGs.

Ice2Dragon - Suikoden 1 was also released on the Saturn, plus Suikoden Card Stories came out for the GBA. So Suikoden VI being released on a system other than a Sony isn't out of the question.

I like Suikoden V it reminds me of Suikoden II. Graphics were meh but the gameplay and story was very good. I actually enjoy the first 10 hours it help build up the story.

[quote name='blueweltall']I like Suikoden V it reminds me of Suikoden II. Graphics were meh but the gameplay and story was very good. I actually enjoy the first 10 hours it help build up the story.[/quote] I agree. With all the new "Current Gen" games taking only 10-15 hrs to beat , it was great to play that game and have the feel of a old school, long RPG. I hope that trend carries on to whatever console the next Suikoden shows up on.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Agreed, when it came out I played through it twice, and I rarely do that with RPGs. But it just didn't age well. When it came out the PS2 was starved for a good RPG and it came out a week after Grandia Extreme so it didn't have much compitition. Still, voice acting would've been nice.

Blueshinra - Thanks for the link, Even if it's not Suikoden VI the Wii defintley needs more RPGs.

Ice2Dragon - Suikoden 1 was also released on the Saturn, plus Suikoden Card Stories came out for the GBA. So Suikoden VI being released on a system other than a Sony isn't out of the question.[/quote]

Wasnt suikoden card stories only released in japan though? I never knew suikoden was on the saturn in the us though.. coulda swore it was also in japan only @_@

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Wasnt suikoden card stories only released in japan though? I never knew suikoden was on the saturn in the us though.. coulda swore it was also in japan only @_@[/quote]

They were only in Japan, but what's your point?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']They were only in Japan, but what's your point?[/quote]

I meant that suikoden in the US has always been sony, hence why I said it wouldnt be likely suikoden would be released outside of the sony brand, but if suikoden 6 is annnounced for the WII, then itll be sweet.

Maybe konami will get off their ass and release the suikoden 1/2 on psp here in the damn states -_-V

I never said they were released in the U.S. Just stating that Suikoden has been on other platforms. I really don't see why it's out of the question. Plenty of franchises change platforms even after years of loyalty.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I meant that suikoden in the US has always been sony, hence why I said it wouldnt be likely suikoden would be released outside of the sony brand, but if suikoden 6 is annnounced for the WII, then itll be sweet.

Maybe konami will get off their ass and release the suikoden 1/2 on psp here in the damn states -_-V[/quote]

I don't think that the games that just happen to get translated being for Sony consoles has any effect on anything.
The reason that the two GBA games weren't released is likely due to them being card games, and that was before every series had a card game spinoff in it. As for 1+2, who knows?

Suiko V was the one that made me realize that nothing was going to be as good as III until they finally go to Harmonia. So I'm giving up on the series until then. With my luck, VI will be the one.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']
Maybe konami will get off their ass and release the suikoden 1/2 on psp here in the damn states -_-V[/quote]According to Mana, Sony put the kibosh/kaibosh/kybosh/caibosh on the thing. Which is a damn shame, 'cause I was really hoping that would murder Suikoden 2 Ebay prices.

Would be incredibly sweet if this were true. The Wii could use some more RPGs and I'm a big fan of the Suikoden series (esp. II). Here's hoping!

My first reaction was: Why does anyone need/want Suikoden on the Wii when it would likely be much better on any of the other systems, even the PS2.

Then I realized that the upcoming Dragon Quest game is one of the reasons I recently decided to grab a Wii.

bread's done
Back