RUMOR: The Wii will cost $600 and have a cassette player

Cassette huh???? I saw something about Betamax but this would make more sense; Nintendo and Sony in bed together -- hasn't happened till this point so why start now :)

Does this mean that there will be no need for our brains anymore since the Wii has a cassette player? I'm seriously tired of using this thing, it's so old gen.

Maybe they'll add Vic 20 support to the Virtual Console .

vic20-cass.jpg

It's all about Mole Attack .

[quote name='daroga']No one cares about that.[/QUOTE]

QFT! We have better things to do with our time than play old gen games. Bleeeeh!

[quote name='Ecofreak']QFT! We have better things to do with our time than play old gen games. Bleeeeh![/QUOTE]
But I miss Ridge Racer. :(

[quote name='Richlough']Maybe they'll add Vic 20 support to the Virtual Console .

vic20-cass.jpg

It's all about Mole Attack .[/QUOTE]

Im hoping for lemonade stand. Please be backwards compatible.....

Will it be able to play songs that I tape off the radio?

I really, really hope this comes with a floppy disk drive so I can save games without a password, but at the low price of $600 it probably doesn't.

"Wii have cassette player built in. Quick! We must copy technology and be superior console maker.. take out HDMI output, replace with 8 track player! Bundle console with Japanese karaoke 8 track tape, compatible with Widge Wacer!!!!!!"

---Sony

An inside source from Nintendo confirmed the cassette player, and also said an optional UMD burner may be installed...the only downside is that the beer holder is on the left side instead of the right....:roll:

good topic....it gets boring reading about everyones "inside information..."

[quote name='Strell']You are way too easily amused if you thought this thread was funny.

:/[/QUOTE]

I'd rather read "another console speculation" thread anyday than see another "See my DragonLordFrodo Bitchtits" thread. :)

On a side note.. does he still have a site?? Maybe his parents donated him to science by now or something

I wonder if they'll make an 8 track adaptor. I gotta be able to get my groove on to the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack while playing Red Steel...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I wonder if they'll make an 8 track adaptor. I gotta be able to get my groove on to the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack while playing Red Steel...[/QUOTE]
Early reports suggest that yes, it will have an eight track.

What about 5-and-a-half inch floopy drive with full Amiga DOS support?

(I am only posting this because having a thread that was started by William H. Macy and with the last post by William H. Macy makes William H. Macy appear as a loon that likes talking to himself. See? Now it looks like William H. Macy has an internet friend who is talking to him. And his name is MarioColbert.)

[quote name='suko_32']You're paying for potential![/quote]
It was creepy. I didn't scroll far enough down. all i saw was your text and the angry looking mario. Creeped the hell out of me, looked like he was saying it.

bread's done
Back