Rumor: Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Bundle E3 Price Drop to $299.99

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Source: http://www.e3expo.com/

At the advertisement link, I noticed this Target Lounge ad, and clicked it and got me to this website.

[IMG-L=5838]22857[/IMG-L]http://www.target.com/Video-Games/b/ref=nav_t_spc_13_13?ie=UTF8&node=1042122

Notice the image shows 299.99 for a 250 with Kinect Bundle deal. When clicking that ad, it shows the regular Target price at $399.99 as it has not officially dropped yet.

What do you all think. I think it is likely true, because of all those $50 gift card bundles coming out every week lately.

Moderators, if it is not the right place, please put the thread in the correct place. I tried to find a Rumor Deals Forum. If anyone else has posted this, I'm sorry I looked around and did not see this.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
They better show some kick ass kinect games at e3 because i have been lmao at what i have seen so far. Such good technology and it's just sitting there doing nothing. Anyhow, i would buy at the price if i see some kinect games coming. Otherwise, i will just go for the console. I need that built in wireless

[quote name='elessar123']Go steal your neighbor's shoes already.[/QUOTE]

ahahaha

on topic...i've had my 20gb 360 for about 5.5 years now...i think it's time for a price drop and an upgrade ::waits for 250g:: kinect? pass.

[quote name='elessar123']Go steal your neighbor's shoes already.[/QUOTE]

:applause: :lol:

If he'd worry more about his wardrobe and less about whether this is a deal, he might actually get somewhere.

-----

an alternative to you looking for hard drives people is to wait for one of the old phat 250GB hard drives that are getting clearanced out all the time + $10 enclosure from china = $60 slim HD.

The tech ISN'T good, and what they need to do is to drop it, and actually announce a big slate of new games, beyond the two they have now (Gears, Forza).

I've thought for months though that the posibilities in that regard are:

-Microsoft is exiting the console business
-Microsoft somehow has phenomenal secrecy surrounding their slate of a dozen new Xbox 2 games in the works for this year and next
-Microsoft has abandoned the Xbox 2 because the 3 is coming this year or next, and they apparently don't care about the previous system when they have a new one.

I'm assuming the third is the most realistic.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The tech ISN'T good, and what they need to do is to drop it, and actually announce a big slate of new games, beyond the two they have now (Gears, Forza).

-Microsoft somehow has phenomenal secrecy surrounding their slate of a dozen new Xbox 2 games in the works for this year and next
-Microsoft has abandoned the Xbox 2 because the 3 is coming this year or next, and they apparently don't care about the previous system when they have a new one.

I'm assuming the third is the most realistic.[/QUOTE]

Dear lord, do you have any idea what you're talking about?

I knew I shouldve stopped reading after the first sentence. The TECH is phenomenal. They just haven't implemented it to its fullest capacity.

As for the rest... well... smh

[quote name='Wolfpup']The tech ISN'T good, and what they need to do is to drop it, and actually announce a big slate of new games, beyond the two they have now (Gears, Forza).

You are something else.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']As the top software moving platform there's no way Microsoft is exiting the console business.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about that. Wolfpup is a dumbass, but there has been rumors saying Microsoft won't make a next-gen console. The Xbox, while successful, is a drop in the bucket for them, at like 1~2% of their revenue.

[quote name='elessar123']I'm not so sure about that. Wolfpup is a dumbass, but there has been rumors saying Microsoft won't make a next-gen console. The Xbox, while successful, is a drop in the bucket for them, at like 1~2% of their revenue.[/QUOTE]

it may be a drop in the bucket but success as the #1 console gives them a certain cachet. Plenty of companies have continued to invest in barely breakeven products just for the name.

Why would you spend billions on launching a product line just to exit it in 2 gens? Makes no sense.

Now, if someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse, then yeah. But who has the money and product hole to buy xbox from Microsoft?

[quote name='confoosious']it may be a drop in the bucket but success as the #1 console gives them a certain cachet. Plenty of companies have continued to invest in barely breakeven products just for the name.

Why would you spend billions on launching a product line just to exit it in 2 gens? Makes no sense.

Now, if someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse, then yeah. But who has the money and product hole to buy xbox from Microsoft?[/QUOTE]

Right now MS is doing good with the Xbox brand, but it costs a lot to maintain and doesnt make them squat in the big scheme of things. The money they spend on the entire xbox foundation could be spent on the Tablet/Phone divisions which are going to be 100x more profitable later on. Investors know this and have been wanting the xbox division to go away in order to spend the money on better earners, but kinect let the xbox division live longer. I dont know if we'll see a new Xbox or just them sticking to the Xbox 360 for years and years. We'll see, as an investor, the $$$ spent on the xbox division is better spent on bigger and more important things in the tech sector, gaming consoles are going to go the way of irreverence soon enough with tablets becoming as power if not more powerful, with hdmi out, and wireless controllers able to hook up to them.

But hey, they do sell lots of 360s right now, so they'll keep on trucking.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Right now MS is doing good with the Xbox brand, but it costs a lot to maintain and doesnt make them squat in the big scheme of things. The money they spend on the entire xbox foundation could be spent on the Tablet/Phone divisions which are going to be 100x more profitable later on. Investors know this and have been wanting the xbox division to go away in order to spend the money on better earners, but kinect let the xbox division live longer. I dont know if we'll see a new Xbox or just them sticking to the Xbox 360 for years and years. We'll see, as an investor, the $$$ spent on the xbox division is better spent on bigger and more important things in the tech sector, gaming consoles are going to go the way of irreverence soon enough with tablets becoming as power if not more powerful, with hdmi out, and wireless controllers able to hook up to them.

But hey, they do sell lots of 360s right now, so they'll keep on trucking.[/QUOTE]

As long as the unit is operating at a profit, what does it matter? You let the head of xbox run it like a standalone business. It's not like the current Microsoft CEO is expending tons of his daily bandwidth on the gaming unit.

They have plenty of money to throw at R&D everywhere else. It's not as if they are hurting for money and the resources spent on the gaming division were necessary to divert to the phone/tablet divisions.

I totally believed you until you called the 360 the 2.

[quote name='padlok']I totally believed you until you called the 360 the 2.[/QUOTE]

Okay. That makes a lot of sense.

Ofcourse they are not going anywhere. The Media center will be a main objective of the next console as much as games by the next one. 360 has already made strides in that department.

Here's the deal with the Xbox, even if its not directly profitable it gives them a "cool, hip" product to compete with Apple. In that respect, the Xbox is to Microsoft as the iPod/iPhone is to Apple. PLENTY of people's opinions of Microsoft have been softened by owning a 360. It wasn't that long ago that Microsoft was one of the "techies" most hated companies.

They weathered a pretty severe storm with the red ring and still gamers (many of whom are tech geeks) flock to the system. The fact that they aren't continually dragged through the mud about that situation shows how far a well-liked system/product can take you.

Microsoft has nowhere to go but up with the Xbox and they certainly don't have a reason to exit the console business.

Xbox 360 250 GB is selling for $199 this weekend up in Canada. I think the chances are pretty good that this could be the new price point they announce at e3.

I have no interest in Kinect whatsoever, but I might be interested in replacing my old 20gb-no hdmi-x360. If they announce any interesting, exclusive new games. Gears 3 is the only reason I haven't sold my 360, which sadly sits unused for months at a time. But I can't stand the stupid xbox avatars, and have no interest in Kinect/family-friendly gaming, which is where it seems MS has focused on more than anything else. I guess the more I think about it, the less likely I'll be to replace my x360. Here's hoping this years E3 brings an announcement that gives us the option to use the original UI style with icons instead of dress up dolls.

Tell me that was a joke...if not, then "most realistic" just got a new definition.

There will surely be a Kinect price cut announced at E3.

How do I know? Because I just bought the damn thing two days ago. That makes it a new opportunity for the universe to screw with me. Here's hoping for price protection.

$50 reduction on both Xbox models and $50 reduction on the Kinect would make sense for a $100 cut on the bundle.

Getting the Kinect price down helps the platform in general. If it's within the impulse buy range it doesn't need to have any really great games any time soon and is more of a general extension of the platform. I strongly suspect Microsoft wants Kinect to be part of the base system on the next generation of Xbox. The more people get used to regarding Kinect as an essential part of the platform the better it works for selling the next generation. And, of course, it helps developers when a feature is spread across the whole installed base rather than a subset.

Recent talk from Microsoft indicates they want to go more towards the Xbox being a living room media hub rather than just a game system that does other stuff. The voice and gesture input features of the Kinect are a good selling point even to couch potatoes who aren't going to get up and play a Kinect game.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Xbox 360 250 GB is selling for $199 this weekend up in Canada. I think the chances are pretty good that this could be the new price point they announce at e3.[/QUOTE]

Canada the store?! Please state where (store) and link please if you have one.

Sir, this is CheapAssGamer.com. I believe you want DumbAssGamer.com, down the street about three blocks. Yes, I know, a lot of you make that mistake. You are, after all, a dumbass. Now, move along.

[quote name='grumpier']Canada the store?! Please state where (store) and link please if you have one.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy.ca has it listed on sale for $200 (from $300)

[quote name='PatelKing']Bestbuy.ca has it listed on sale for $200 (from $300)[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing that there's just no known way that life could be so awesome that there's a way to get a U.S. BB store to price match that? ;)

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']So I'm guessing that there's just no known way that life could be so awesome that there's a way to get a U.S. BB store to price match that? ;)[/QUOTE]

I showed the bestbuy.ca site to a CSR at best buy for a PM but didn't say it was canada. He looked it up on the US site, and said its normal price so no PM but maybe someone else will get lucky...

[quote name='PatelKing']I showed the bestbuy.ca site to a CSR at best buy for a PM but didn't say it was canada. He looked it up on the US site, and said its normal price so no PM but maybe someone else will get lucky...[/QUOTE]

lol, only a Patel would do such a thing :lol:

[quote name='epobirs']Sir, this is CheapAssGamer.com. I believe you want DumbAssGamer.com, down the street about three blocks. Yes, I know, a lot of you make that mistake. You are, after all, a dumbass. Now, move along.[/QUOTE]

LOL... come on, you didn't need to lay it into that hard. After all, he/she is a wolf... PUP! :bouncy:

MS spent billions securing their spot in your living room as they see that as the next step for computing as people migrate away from PCs. MS continually invest into the Xbox brand with Kinect recently. The E&D division is very profitable, so it makes perfect sense to exit the business! /s

Wolfpup investment is likely not one of your strong points, I suggest you save your money.

bread's done
Back