Rumors of SOCOM and Everquest for PSP.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://psp.ign.com/articles/497/497021p1.html?fromint=1

In the January 2004 issue of PSM it was rumored that a pair of PlayStation 2 online franchises could be headed for the PS Portable in 2004. In case you missed it, the persistent online phenomenon known as EverQuest and the huge FPS hit SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals are the games in question. And while the magazine (or Sony for that matter) have not confirmed whether or not these rumors of true, the frequent industry rumblings from the past couple of weeks definitely point in a positive direction.

If these two franchises were to come to PSP, would either one be one of your must-haves for the system?

Since EQ for the ps2 was horrid as hell I would never count that as a must have, unless it was maybe champs of Norrath, that would be a "check it out" title.

That rumor has been around for a long time now. Even if EQ or Socom don't come to the PSP, games just like them will. The rumors began when Sony announced an unnamed shooter and MMORPG for the PSP.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']If these two franchises were to come to PSP, would either one be one of your must-haves for the system?[/quote]

no, pay to play games are an instant turn off for me, and socom is imo highly over rated. its a decent game, but the controls are just too much, theres not enough buttons to do all the game thinks it can do, it would work much better as a pc game.

i wish someone would announce some psp games that would actully intrest me =o\

Socom would interest me, I thought the first one was great. I don't like playing on a pc, so the only fps I play are on consoles. I didn't like the 2nd socom though.

I actually enjoyed EQOA quite a bit when I played it. I was kinda pissed that I paid the full $50 at launch only to have Sony drop the price to $15 a few weeks later.

I'd actually be interested in playing it on the PSP. It would be really kickass if you could play with people playing on their PS2s, also. But it might be a bit tough to really type very much.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I actually enjoyed EQOA quite a bit when I played it. I was kinda pissed that I paid the full $50 at launch only to have Sony drop the price to $15 a few weeks later.

I'd actually be interested in playing it on the PSP. It would be really kickass if you could play with people playing on their PS2s, also. But it might be a bit tough to really type very much.[/quote]

Grave, what was your character's name on EQOA, out of curiousity?

I loved EQOA too. And I play SOCOM 2 just about every night. If they came out on PSP. I'd definately get them both.

[quote name='btw1217'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']I actually enjoyed EQOA quite a bit when I played it. I was kinda pissed that I paid the full $50 at launch only to have Sony drop the price to $15 a few weeks later.

I'd actually be interested in playing it on the PSP. It would be really kickass if you could play with people playing on their PS2s, also. But it might be a bit tough to really type very much.[/quote]

Grave, what was your character's name on EQOA, out of curiousity?

I loved EQOA too. And I play SOCOM 2 just about every night. If they came out on PSP. I'd definately get them both.[/quote]

My main character's name was Topher, a bard on Marr's Fist. I can't remember the guild's name I was in, but it was a really great guild.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']
My main character's name was Topher, a bard on Marr's Fist. I can't remember the guild's name I was in, but it was a really great guild.[/quote]

Ahh, Marr's Fist. I was always on Diren's Hold. My main's name on there was Warrall and I was in The Fearless Few. Warrall was a druid and I had a monk named Tendai. I don't know if you knew about Grandmaster Tendai and the Seisen Robe, but I was the one who figured out how to make him spawn. :wink: It was a big deal early when the game was first getting started. Had some fun back them. It was a little addictive though... for me at least.

[quote name='btw1217'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']
My main character's name was Topher, a bard on Marr's Fist. I can't remember the guild's name I was in, but it was a really great guild.[/quote]

Ahh, Marr's Fist. I was always on Diren's Hold. My name on there was Warrall and I was in The Fearless Few. Had some fun back them. It was a little addictive though... for me at least.[/quote]

Hmmm, I don't think I ever played much on Diren's Hold.

Oh! I remember my guild's name now - the Shadowforce Alliance.

I was really addicted to the game, but I really never put tons of time into it. My highest character was only about lvl 27.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I'd actually be interested in playing it on the PSP. It would be really kickass if you could play with people playing on their PS2s, also. But it might be a bit tough to really type very much.[/quote]

On the DS, they could use a neat little touch-screen typewriter like the one in Picochat :twisted:

I played a free week of EQOA and really liked it, but the price kept me from geting it and the fact that not a lot of people played it(not as many as FFXI) and I just never got around to buying it.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']http://psp.ign.com/articles/497/497021p1.html?fromint=1

In the January 2004 issue of PSM it was rumored that a pair of PlayStation 2 online franchises could be headed for the PS Portable in 2004. In case you missed it, the persistent online phenomenon known as EverQuest and the huge FPS hit SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals are the games in question. And while the magazine (or Sony for that matter) have not confirmed whether or not these rumors of true, the frequent industry rumblings from the past couple of weeks definitely point in a positive direction.

If these two franchises were to come to PSP, would either one be one of your must-haves for the system?[/quote]

I'll only get socom for the psp if I can cheat on it like I can with the Ps2.

I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed both franchises will make an appearance on the PSP. The big question is whether they'll pursue an online component for EverQuest.

If PC EverCrack players can build experience and wealth during their morning commute you'd probably get 100,000 players easily willing to pay a little extra on their monthly fee. Could be quite lucrative.

These better be "sequals" and not ports. If they are ports the PSP will turn into a more expensive, less popular GBA.

An MMO on a portable that can only get online when you are somewhere with internet would be a joke.

Play EQ on your PSP while sitting next to your PC and your PS2. :(

MMOs are the biggest time wasters. It is worse than being an alcoholic.

bread's done
Back