Rune Factory: New Harvest Moon

I'll admit... throwing monster battling on top of Harvest Moon's core gameplay makes it a bit more enticing for me. I just can't see myself farming all day in a video game.

I'll admit... throwing monster battling on top of Harvest Moon's core gameplay makes it a bit more enticing for me. I just can't see myself farming all day in a video game.

Blasphemy! While I am looking forward to Rune Factory, the DS game I am most anticipating is Harvest Moon DS (about a month to go!).

[quote name='botticus']I'll admit... throwing monster battling on top of Harvest Moon's core gameplay makes it a bit more enticing for me. I just can't see myself farming all day in a video game.[/quote]

I played Harvest Moon 64 and barely farmed at all. I spent most of my time getting the chick, knocking her up and building rooms on to the house.

Over 500 types of tools? Wow. I'll be picking this one up.

IMO, Harvest Moon is getting a bit stale anyways, so it needs something to shake it up a bit. I might get the DS one but I want to wait for some reviews, because I've already got HM 64, the two HM's for the GBA, and Magical Melody for the Cube, so I'm not in any rush for a new one.

[quote name='espy605']Blasphemy! While I am looking forward to Rune Factory, the DS game I am most anticipating is Harvest Moon DS (about a month to go!).[/quote]

so wait a second ... there's Harvest Moon DS AND Rune Factory ... as in, they are two separate games?

Yes, but at present time Rune Factory has no USA release date. HM DS has been out in Japan for some time already.

-HM

I'm sure this'll end up coming out here, just a while after in Japan like every other game. It sounds like an interesting idea to me, we'll see how well they pull it off, though.

What's the word on Harvest Moon DS? It's getting close to its release date and I haven't seen anything new about it on any game sites for months. Since it's already out in Japan I'm sure there are probably sites with tons of info from that version but it surprises me that there has been so little news on the U.S. version.

[quote name='rlse9']
What's the word on Harvest Moon DS? It's getting close to its release date and I haven't seen anything new about it on any game sites for months. Since it's already out in Japan I'm sure there are probably sites with tons of info from that version but it surprises me that there has been so little news on the U.S. version.[/QUOTE]

It's coming out real soon, it has a cow keychain as a preorder bonus, and it looks exactly like the GBA games but it uses the second screen.

It's a port of the GBA with new features. Like 3D animal washing and milking, new girls to marry, etc.

One of the reasons I think it took so long is because in Japan, the first version of Harvest Moon DS was full of bugs, and after a few months they released a bug-free (or much less buggier) version. I think the US version is based on the second one.

Rune Factory sounds pretty cool to me.

I like the fact that it has over 500 tools (?! WTF can you *do* with all of them? Hope they're not some lame variations of the same ones).

Collecting Runes and then going WiFi to trade items is a pretty cool feature too--kinda Animal Crossing-ish.

Definitely putting this one on my radar to watch out for.

bread's done
Back