S-video cable for SNES, N64, Gamecube?

Blips

CAGiversary!
Anyone know where I can find an official Nintendo brand S-video cable? I'm trying to make my old games look as good as they can and the Nintendo brand of these cables is hard to find.

Any recommendations for S-video cables that aren't Nintendo brand? They seem to be hit or miss when they're not made by the hardware manufacturer.

I did. It's easy to find s-video cables, but not Nintendo brand ones although they did make them.

Too bad Nintendo stopped selling them on their parts site. I got an OEM set of S-Video from them in a bag a few years back.

Keep checking eBay. If it helps the official Nintendo cables from NOA came in a clear plastic bag with a red cardboard top.

Good luck. I bought an Innovation brand and another 3rd party one that was purple, I liked the Innovation one better. Cables are a little thicker. I think somebody's still selling them on ebay.

Don't buy any s-video cable with a yellow RCA video connector also on it, it'll just be composite through both. Also, don't buy a 3 in 1 or any universal adapter. As long as it's just the s-video connector and the red and white audio jacks, it should be fine.

[quote name='dafoomie']Good luck. I bought an Innovation brand and another 3rd party one that was purple, I liked the Innovation one better. Cables are a little thicker. I think somebody's still selling them on ebay.

Don't buy any s-video cable with a yellow RCA video connector also on it, it'll just be composite through both. Also, don't buy a 3 in 1 or any universal adapter. As long as it's just the s-video connector and the red and white audio jacks, it should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...I did not know this. I bought a Madcatz one from Gamestop. I was lucky and it works fine. Lot of people had problems with that branded cable.

I kind of want a Dreamcast s-video cable more since I can't find a dreamcast VGA cable within my price range. Same goes with the Gamecube component cable.

My Dreamcast VGA adapter has s-video so I haven't had to look for that. My new TV, unfortunately, does not have VGA.

That s-video cable is so difficult to find (SNES/N64).
Thank goodness I purchased it way back in the days from the old Nintendo.com site when they had a bunch of parts/acc. for sale.

bread's done
Back