Sacha Baron-Cohen does it again: Bruno

This movie was probably the worst movie I have seen. It seemed like it was made to just see how far we can push the R rating on the movie i.e.
the amount of penis shown, the swinger party scene, etc

The two things I wondered were...
1)
The mexicans that Paula Abdul sat on... were they truly maintenance people or were they actors?
2)
Is child services contacting the production company on the stage moms that would allow their babys to be stung or around bees, etc?

I also agree I am suprised he didn't get shot.

Saw this and really wished I had not. It had some laughs but Borat was just better in every way.

I found myself kinda bored at lot of the time during it.

My wife and I thought it was great. Even if you don't enjoy the man's humor, how can you not admire him for having the balls to do the things he does.
Paula Adbul talking about how great a humanitarian she is while she is using a human being for a chair was priceless satire of "celebrity" ego.

Of course some of it is staged, but the scene at the end
"Straight Dave's Man Slammin' Max Out", that cage was there more for his and Lutz' protection than anything else.

I admire the man's comedy and will gladly watch anything else he chooses to do.
The fact that he got Bono, Sting, Snoop, Chris Martin, and Elton John together to record his song was also brilliant!

lol, I like how people come in here just to say that they think Bruno looks bad and won't see it.

I saw it tonight, and it was fucking hilarious. It's very different from Borat, but it is very funny in it's own way. Right in the beginning you know the movie is going to be pretty damn outrageous; within what, the first 15 minutes you see
Bruno's show pitch, full of slow-mo dancing zoomed in on his schlong, and an entirely too long penis scene, ending with the penis actually saying "BRUNO!"
How the fuck can you not laugh at that, haha.

I wouldn't say it was better than Borat, but they are both damn good in their own right. My only complaint was that I felt it was too short. I was watching hilarity unfold, and all of a sudden
a song gets sung,
and the credits show up.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my girl lets me take her to go see this tomorrow. We've been busy all weekend and I've been waiting for this movie ever since Borat came out! Too bad she didn't like Borat :(

[quote name='lolwut?']I wouldn't say it was better than Borat, but they are both damn good in their own right. My only complaint was that I felt it was too short. I was watching hilarity unfold, and all of a sudden
a song gets sung,
and the credits show up.[/QUOTE]
Yea, in the prescreening it seemed to be longer. I heard they cut a lot out. Including the Latoya Jackson scene.

For those that want to know what that scene was:
It was exactly like the Paula interview, but instead he had Latoya come over. Bruno was trying to get her to give him Michaels phone number, but she refused. So Bruno did this segment called something like, "Fab Phone Review!" where he would look at the celebs phone and make them talk about some of their contacts. Bruno then started reading Michaels phone number out loud in German while Latoya was talking and his assistant was writing it down.

Was pretty funny. Eins Zwei Drei! :applause:

[quote name='perdition(troy']good movie if you are a fan of the schlong.[/QUOTE]Yeah, straight men will hate this movie. :roll:

[quote name='slickkill77']There were a lot more staged parts in this one but I can forgive him for that.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, what parts were staged?

I don't have any direct knowledge but from the info I have gathered:

The part where he goes to the Springer type show (Only because the show has been off the air forever).

The dominatrix lady (the other people had no idea, but she obviously was in on it).

I have a feeling the parents at the photo shoot, while hilarious, were sort of in on what was going on.

Hmm now I'm drawing a blank. I honestly don't remember the movie that well now. Maybe I just felt like there were more staged parts.

The movie was hilarious - and some of the things in there were quite sad if not staged, such as the parents saying their children would be fine playing with bees.

Good movie very funny, lots of cock for those who enjoy that type of thing.
And damn is he ballsy going to the middle east as he did.

"...dirty wizard or a homeless Sant Claus" great scene

[quote name='slickkill77']I don't have any direct knowledge but from the info I have gathered:

The part where he goes to the Springer type show (Only because the show has been off the air forever).

The dominatrix lady (the other people had no idea, but she obviously was in on it).

I have a feeling the parents at the photo shoot, while hilarious, were sort of in on what was going on.

Hmm now I'm drawing a blank. I honestly don't remember the movie that well now. Maybe I just felt like there were more staged parts.[/QUOTE]

How can a dominatrix be in on it? That is what she does...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How can a dominatrix be in on it? That is what she does...[/QUOTE]

...what? What I was getting at was that she knew who he actually was and that she came with them. I know thats what she does. Basically I am saying she wasn't just there. The crew brought her in to make it funnier and it definitely was.

[quote name='AgentMOO']The movie was hilarious - and some of the things in there were quite sad if not staged, such as the parents saying their children would be fine playing with bees.[/QUOTE]

I think they edited those scenes. Noticed how none of them were shown as a continuous scene and it was always him asking a question, camera cuts away and shows the parent's response. He probably just asked them a question they would say yes to and then edit it into a scene when he asked for them to put their baby in a crazy situation.

Still a funny movie, loved it as much as Borat. The scene with the medium was the highlight of the movie for me.

Saw it a couple day ago with my girl. I loved it (Borat was slightly funnier I think), My girl kept saying how grossed out she was.. and said that overall she was disappointed. Too bad she laughed her ass off the whole time. :]

bread's done
Back