Sacred 2 (360) $11.22 shipped and sold by Amazon

I game with family on the 360. Can anyone comment on how this game plays with 4 player online? One of em is my dad who is not a gamer. We're trying to find games other than sports games to play with him. YDKJ, Borderlands, and Crackdown 2 didn't go over so well.

[quote name='speedracer']I game with family on the 360. Can anyone comment on how this game plays with 4 player online? One of em is my dad who is not a gamer. We're trying to find games other than sports games to play with him. YDKJ, Borderlands, and Crackdown 2 didn't go over so well.[/QUOTE]

This is a great game, but it's a bit deeper than you might expect from what looks like a hack and slash. The controls are also a bit complex. I'd steer clear. Sounds like he needs something more like Torchlight to get up to speed with isometric loot-whore fests. Torchlight 2 is on the way and will support multiplayer.

I played the majority of it co-op on the same console (only up to two players) and it played well. I did try the online four-player component and it worked fine as well (better than local since you're not tied to the same area).

Actually as midloo pointed out, this game has a steep learning curve. It's a lot of fun once you understand all of the systems, but it's a lot to take in. I'd advise making some characters that you plan to throw away first so that you get a hang of things.

For some reason, when I first read this thread, I thought it was for Divinity 2 for the 360. LOL. Anyways, despite some of the negative reviews on Amazon, this type of game is up my alley. $11.22? I'm in! Thanks OP!

[quote name='midloo']This is a great game, but it's a bit deeper than you might expect from what looks like a hack and slash. The controls are also a bit complex. I'd steer clear. Sounds like he needs something more like Torchlight to get up to speed with isometric loot-whore fests. Torchlight 2 is on the way and will support multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to you and Slermy for responding. Much appreciated.

It is a fun game but at this point if you haven't played it I'd say to pass unless you have absolutely no backlog and Torchlight isn't doing it for you anymore. When Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 come out in a couple months you'll never touch Sacred 2 again.

[quote name='Lucky13']It is a fun game but at this point if you haven't played it I'd say to pass unless you have absolutely no backlog and Torchlight isn't doing it for you anymore. When Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 come out in a couple months you'll never touch Sacred 2 again.[/QUOTE]

I was debating picking it up, I guess I will steer clear for now as I wont have time for it anyways, maybe it'll drop below $10 eventually.

Was the screen tearing on the 360 version ever patched? I couldn't play longer than five minutes when it first came out for this reason...

[quote name='midloo']This is a great game, but it's a bit deeper than you might expect from what looks like a hack and slash. The controls are also a bit complex. I'd steer clear. Sounds like he needs something more like Torchlight to get up to speed with isometric loot-whore fests. Torchlight 2 is on the way and will support multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Not to veer off-topic, but does Torchlight ever go onsale? I have 1120 points and I'm not about to buy more just to get the game since I only need 80 more for it at the moment.

I have 500 hours in sacred, excellent game! Like others have said there is definitely a steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it'll grant your hours upon hours of enjoyment. Well worth this price.

Fantastic game, not as good as Divinity II, but you can fight on horseback and call your horse to you with a whistle! TAKE THAT, SKYRIM!

A minor amount of broken sidequests, but nothing affecting achievements. Achievements will take you a VERY long time.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Fantastic game, not as good as Divinity II, but you can fight on horseback and call your horse to you with a whistle! TAKE THAT, SKYRIM!

A minor amount of broken sidequests, but nothing affecting achievements. Achievements will take you a VERY long time.[/QUOTE]

This is so true, these are not easy achievements to get. Im at 960 or so out of the 1000 after 500 hours. I still need to visit every town and beat Platin difficulty

Also for those that will be starting your first playthrough, dont start on bronze difficulty. its very easy and you wont notice the holes in your builds. Start out on silver and go from there. Protip: the Sacred 2 wiki will be your best friend.

Glad to be of help speedracer.

[quote name='WilliamG']Was the screen tearing on the 360 version ever patched? I couldn't play longer than five minutes when it first came out for this reason...[/QUOTE]

I think it was reduced, but not elimiated completely. Also, an interesting note about this game is that it's true 1080p. I think Eurogamer had an article about it.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Fantastic game, not as good as Divinity II, but you can fight on horseback and call your horse to you with a whistle! TAKE THAT, SKYRIM!

A minor amount of broken sidequests, but nothing affecting achievements. Achievements will take you a VERY long time.[/QUOTE]

I did have my system lock up while doing a Dark, mimimal map run and it saved before dishing out the achivement. :( Seems to have been an isolated case though as I never found anyone else who had that happen to them. That Xbox also red-ringed later so...

I got this and Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga for
around $15 each, when Amazon had their last
"buy one get a second for half off" sale.

For those wondering, Divinity 2 still has the
soundtrack CD included...I thought that it was
something Amazon tossed into the shipping
box, but instead, it was inside of the game's
box, from the factory.

What killed the game for me is the map isn't that great.

A good map is one in Borderlands, which shows the exact location of quests and missions. The map in Sacred 2 only has an arrow pointing in the general direction of the target.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']What killed the game for me is the map isn't that great.

A good map is one in Borderlands, which shows the exact location of quests and missions. The map in Sacred 2 only has an arrow pointing in the general direction of the target.[/QUOTE]

That's called adventuring.

Strange game. Absolutely loved the graphics, and the scope of the game is beyond almost anything. The overworld is easily bigger than Oblivion, fer example. Massive!

It's pretty easy to play, and you can be successful. But still, if you want to have an idea of what you're doing (the mechanics, hows and whys, cause and effects) its .. seemingly impossible. Even reading the manual doesn't clue a serious player in.

There is no 360 game that has claimed more hours of my life than this game. There are endless character builds to try in this game.

bread's done
Back