Sacred 2 collectors edition PC 19.99

Was not a fan initially of the game on xbox, honestly the game does not really provide you with a story line, no cut scenes, just a million little quests. The inventory management sucks (no side by side comparison), and the magic runes process is just plain confusing.

But once you get a horse, you can fly around the world without grinding through the monsters, and eventually the game sucks you in as you explore new worlds and see some more creative monsters.

So 20$ for the pc game is a good deal. Titans Quest can be had for 10$ or less, which I think is the better game.

Damn I really wish this was for the 360 as well...

Edit: Ugh, I hate myself...I bought a CE copy for the PC because it's so cheap and I just want to play the game. My buddy, who bought it for the 360 on day 1, hasn't opened it yet so I guess I still have time to wait for the price to drop on the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal. I would recommend any fans of the genre pick this up while you wait for Diablo 3. It is light on story but it has tons of character customization and nice visuals.

It'd totally get it if it was the 360 version too.
stoned99: Nice to hear about the horse cuz I was wondering how much grinding I'd have to face just to get around. (I've been playing co-op at a friends' house.)

I screamed like a girl until I saw it was the PC version. When will this game drop in price? Usually a game with these reviews is $40 a few months after release for consoles, but not this one. I am not saying it is a bad game, just that I am cheap and looking for a cheap copy on X360...

[quote name='horns456']I screamed like a girl until I saw it was the PC version. When will this game drop in price? Usually a game with these reviews is $40 a few months after release for consoles, but not this one. I am not saying it is a bad game, just that I am cheap and looking for a cheap copy on X360...[/QUOTE]
I'm going to pick it up at gamestop later today with that coupon. Should be around $35 which is good enough for me.

[quote name='horns456']I screamed like a girl until I saw it was the PC version. When will this game drop in price? Usually a game with these reviews is $40 a few months after release for consoles, but not this one. I am not saying it is a bad game, just that I am cheap and looking for a cheap copy on X360...[/QUOTE]

RPGs seem to hold their value a bit longer than a lot of the games with "meh!" reviews

I'm trying to decide if this is a game better suited for my PC or 360. I'm sure the graphics will be better on my pc, but I'm not sure which conrol interface is better for the game.

I have it for the 360 and play it on a 50" 1080p DLP. It is hard to see what is going on, the game was made to be played in front of a pc monitor. Melee combat is dumb and very hard to follow.

Yet, I believe the only game like this on 360 is Too Human, which I haven't played but hated the demo. I'm guessing that Sacred 2 sucks far less. I recommend waiting for it to be no more than $40.

[quote name='Sneaktip']I have it for the 360 and play it on a 50" 1080p DLP. It is hard to see what is going on, the game was made to be played in front of a pc monitor. Melee combat is dumb and very hard to follow.

Yet, I believe the only game like this on 360 is Too Human, which I haven't played but hated the demo. I'm guessing that Sacred 2 sucks far less. I recommend waiting for it to be no more than $40.[/QUOTE]

You can zoom out. Then it plays more like Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Diablo/Etc. This game blew away my expectations. My wife and I have played about 150 hours coop on the 360.

This game beats the crap out of Titan's Quest in my opinion. It is very deep, the world is huge and open and it definitely has better loot. I can't imagine how anyone could possibly prefer Titan's Quest if they took the time to learn how to play this game.

Ah yes, the far superior PC version. I think I shall purchase two copies.

As for asking about LAN, the "demo" is a full featured version of the game that does not need to be activated for 24 hours, so if its just a night of LAN gaming, you're good to go.

Alternatively, you get two activations with your CD-Key, so buying 1 copy will let you LAN with 1 other person forever and ever. However, only one can be online on the official servers at a time.

For those of your wishing to use a virtual LAN, know that the game is notoriously difficult to get working via the standard methods.

[quote name='jkanownik']You can zoom out. Then it plays more like Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Diablo/Etc. This game blew away my expectations. My wife and I have played about 150 hours coop on the 360.

This game beats the crap out of Titan's Quest in my opinion. It is very deep, the world is huge and open and it definitely has better loot. I can't imagine how anyone could possibly prefer Titan's Quest if they took the time to learn how to play this game.[/QUOTE]
Item leveling. I hate finding the UBER LEET ITEMS and then have them be useless in 10 levels knowing that I could find the same item again with better stats.

Also, I hate level scaling on the monsters. They only way to fight harder enemies is the rack up a massive survival bonus and play on Niobium. Even then, the monsters are only a few levels higher than you.

Also, every character is overpowered. There is no wrong way to build your character apart from picking all useless trade skills and trying to max out all your skills. But the game clearly separates the trade skills so you know you're making a sacrifice when you pick one and even with 2-4 trade skills, you can still make an overpowered character, it'll just take longer at early levels.

The game is far too easy thanks to the level scaling and no real weaknesses of the classes.

Also, Sacred 2 has very little cohesiveness. It plays more like an Action MMORPG than a hack and slash game with a story. You can go wherever you want, which is fine, but I prefer a more linear experience with a story I can follow.

For these reasons it is easy to see why someone would prefer Titan Quest.

[quote name='jkanownik']You can zoom out. Then it plays more like Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Diablo/Etc. This game blew away my expectations. My wife and I have played about 150 hours coop on the 360.
[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity did u guys play on the same system or xbox live? We have two xboxes and were interested in picking up two copies, but I heard playing on Live only the host gets quest progress.

Also do u get acheevements on the same XBox? This was a huge bummer for us in Lego Star Wars where only the host would.

[quote name='msdmoney']I'm trying to decide if this is a game better suited for my PC or 360. I'm sure the graphics will be better on my pc, but I'm not sure which conrol interface is better for the game.[/QUOTE]

They changed the UI and controls a bit for the console versions, but it seems that the PC version is still much better in that area. Also the PC edition has some nice enhancements over the console ones, including PhysX support.

And I'm surprised that there was such an uproar over not having PC in the title. The CE was only on PC so...it's not really like it would've been possible for this to be a deal on the console versions. Although while I'm normally a big fan of game CEs...this one seems like an odd case. The only extra materials it actually includes is a bonus DVD and a cloth map. However, the DVD includes the making of features, an art book in PDF format, and oddly enough a texture enhancement pack which allows you to install the ultra high quality textures. Personally I'd have liked it if you didn't have to buy the CE for access to those textures (even though it apparantly takes another 9GB of space for the enhancement pack alone), but if you want the best Sacred 2 experience you can get, then this is the way.

bread's done
Back