Sacred 2 Collectors Edition PC $9.99 on Amazon with FSSS

^Yeep, so that means that even though I have the official UK Sacred 2 game, it's only the CE that actually has the high-quality texture packs? Oh man...

Ugh, I may just have to buy the CE version then and do the US/EU workaround. :\ Amazon, here I come!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']^Yeep, so that means that even though I have the official UK Sacred 2 game, it's only the CE that actually has the high-quality texture packs? Oh man...

Ugh, I may just have to buy the CE version then and do the US/EU workaround. :\ Amazon, here I come![/QUOTE]
Are you using the expansion, too? The expansion doesn't have the Elite textures either so you wouldn't be able to use them if you do have the expansion.

Also the Elite texture pack doesn't make the game look that much better. If you zoom in a look close you can notice it, but nothing worth buying another copy of the game for.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up. So, the expansion does not include the high-res textures, only the CE. I ordered the expansion last week, but I would have gotten it regardless of whether or not it had the texture disk. It's just too bad it wasn't a separate download from the dev. I suppose I am spoiled by CD Projekt and how they've made so much extra free for The Witcher, even for those who bought the original vanilla version.

Unfortunately, it's too late regarding my order of the CE. I placed the order shortly after my last post, hah! Oh well. Actually, one other good question to ask you, Zin_LG or anyone else, is if the texture disk in the CE is region-specific. I don't mind doing the workaround to get the US CE working with the expansion, but it will be interesting to find out if the texture disk from the US CE version works with my UK Sacred 2. You know, just because :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Ah, thanks for the heads-up. So, the expansion does not include the high-res textures, only the CE. I ordered the expansion last week, but I would have gotten it regardless of whether or not it had the texture disk. It's just too bad it wasn't a separate download from the dev. I suppose I am spoiled by CD Projekt and how they've made so much extra free for The Witcher, even for those who bought the original vanilla version.

Unfortunately, it's too late regarding my order of the CE. I placed the order shortly after my last post, hah! Oh well. Actually, one other good question to ask you, Zin_LG or anyone else, is if the texture disk in the CE is region-specific. I don't mind doing the workaround to get the US CE working with the expansion, but it will be interesting to find out if the texture disk from the US CE version works with my UK Sacred 2. You know, just because :)[/QUOTE]
No its not region specific, but if you install the expansion the elite texture pack is known to cause instabilities in the game.

I have the elite texture pack and the textures are just slightly less blurry than the high res textures not really worth paying an extra $10 for.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,661759/Sacred-2-Default-textures-versus-Elite-Graphics/News/

http://www.sindrome.lv/sacred/elite/

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Great game -- but don't buy this version. Get the non-CDV version (ie, the UK version). This'll let you buy the expansion if you so desire.[/QUOTE]
You can use the expansion with the US version. The best reason to get to the EU version is so you can play on the EU servers.

Thanks again for the info Lin-ZG. Very much appreciated! I'm feeling a bit embarrassed only because I usually research this stuff much more on my own. Guess I was so excited to finally play Sacred 2 in "Gee-Whiz Golly-Wow" mode (or at all since I finally have a system that can run it) with the expansion that I went overboard on buying the CE, heh!

Good thing is that I have Amazon Prime, so I can send the CE back for a refund. :D

Mine came in today. Was really hoping the Blind Guardian in game song was on the soundtrack. :(
Disappointed in that, but glad to have the game on PC to try out. Loved it on 360.

bread's done
Back