Sacred 3 isn't that bad. Anyone playing it?

gubmccargen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
I was pretty surprised at the abysmal review scores this is getting. Sure, it isn't Diablo or Torchlight (or even Sacred 2) in terms of customization or abilities, but it looks great and is just a fun iso-brawler. A 7.5 or 8 from me, but what do I know?

I will be playing this for the next few days. The co-op is pretty neat and actually found a great group of randoms that stayed with me for 8-10 levels last night. Anyone else playing that might want to connect?

I've been enjoying it the last few nights - playing as an archer and hit level 12 yesterday.  The combat is fun, and I couldn't care less about allocating stat points.   Feel free to add me if you want to team up. 

PSN - Jaylu

I was pretty surprised at the abysmal review scores this is getting. Sure, it isn't Diablo or Torchlight (or even Sacred 2) in terms of customization or abilities, but it looks great and is just a fun iso-brawler. A 7.5 or 8 from me, but what do I know?

I will be playing this for the next few days. The co-op is pretty neat and actually found a great group of randoms that stayed with me for 8-10 levels last night. Anyone else playing that might want to connect?
I understand the reason for the low scores. People thought (myself included) that they would be getting the same gameplay as in Sacred 1 and Sacred 2. Sacred 3 plays and feels like a low-budget ripoff of Diablo 3 without loot. And my god, the voice-acting/dialogue is just so bad. I would say it's a massive bait-and-switch, but given that they didn't release any gameplay videos (obviously intentionally) before release, you can't technically say the developers/publishers lied.

But man, it really feels like they did.

Just to be clear: I own the game and I'm playing it right now becuase there's nothing else I want to play. It's mediocre in every possible way.

I will never buy a Deep Silver game again and I will never buy a Sacred game again (unless they sell the IP to someone who treats their customers with respect). And I know I'm not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can understand that people feel ripped off after seeing "Sacred" in the title, but I don't know - every description I've read about the game, including the back of the box uses the word arcade.  

I would totally be disappointed if I thought this was going to be anything like an RPG, but its got a scoring system, no loot and limited skill selection. if they called this game Gauntlet 3, the backlash wouldn't be so bad.

bread's done
Back