Sadness trailer: ...WTF?

Foolman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/816/816122/vids_1.html

I saw the screenshots. Some were live action, so I was assuming they were only trying to show how the game was played. Then they showed the shots of a girl dressed in clothes from the game's time period. I was little confused and worried. "Oh no, they aren't going to show all live action are they?"

It turns out they did.

I know they are working on it on PCs, so why didn't they just make a trailer from THAT footage?

Heh, I like it. Rather artistic departure from most game trailers. More of a tease of the feeling of the game than the actual game.

Or maybe this is just the return of FMV games? Viva la Sega CD!

Indeed... very cool trailer.

You guys have to understand that NIBRIS is a very small company and they're also a new company so they don't have any previous experience with the game development. The odds are against them at the moment since they lack both resources and experience (not to mention a publisher). I doubt they're a joke of any sort since they have gotten some coverage on Nintendo sites.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']can you go wrong with hot girls in trailers?[/quote]the girl playing the game is much hotter than the girl in the game. forget gaming, i'm going back to the real world, guys!!

[quote name='banpeikun']the girl playing the game is much hotter than the girl in the game. forget gaming, i'm going back to the real world, guys!![/QUOTE]
I think it's the same person :lol:

I've seen some poo-pooing of Sadness and Nibris here and there on various sites and I don't understand why. From the artwork and trailer that've been released, it looks incredible!

Sadness honestly has me more intrigued than a lot of the other stuff that's been shown at E3. I hope Nintendo comes up with ways to further encourage developers to take risks with artistic games like this.

[quote name='Scobie']I've seen some poo-pooing of Sadness and Nibris here and there on various sites and I don't understand why. From the artwork and trailer that've been released, it looks incredible!

Sadness honestly has me more intrigued than a lot of the other stuff that's been shown at E3. I hope Nintendo comes up with ways to further encourage developers to take risks with artistic games like this.[/quote]

I completely agree. Companies need to start taking more risks on offbeat titles like this. It's how other great games were created (Like Katamari, and SotC).

Reality's Fringe;1891557]I hope NIRIS isn't just some vaporware thing said:
That is what I was thinking. Earlier NIBRIS claimed that they could have something playable or an ingame trailer to impress publishers when E3 came around. All we got was this live action trailer though, and I'm a little disappointed. I don't think many publishers would take a chance on this trailer. It's possible that I have them confused with Crossbeam.(Hey, they didn't show ANYTHING.)

[quote name='Vinny']Indeed... very cool trailer.

You guys have to understand that NIBRIS is a very small company and they're also a new company so they don't have any previous experience with the game development. The odds are against them at the moment since they lack both resources and experience (not to mention a publisher). I doubt they're a joke of any sort since they have gotten some coverage on Nintendo sites.[/QUOTE]

If they just sell it directly from their website I'm game. In fact I think more game companies should do this with niche games if they're worried sales figures won't cover the costs of pressing the discs.
For example, Sega and Konami never take advantage and try to sell new niche games from their websites or special packages here like in Japan even though I think they could sell a decent amount. Frankly it's because they don't want to make the effort sadly enough. How does that saying go? The path of least resistance?

Has anybody heard any developments about the game Sadness from developer Nibris? Their web site (http://nibris.net/) hasn't been updated in a while.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about this one and very much looking forward to a finished product.

I don't think they have a publisher yet and yeah, it seems like they disappeared off the face of the earth.

No way in hell it's coming out in June. Nintendo Power would be waving a *huge* flag over this game if it was true. My guess is that's a place holder link for EB.

I'm pretty sure they said they had a publisher lined up (Atlus?) and this isn't vaporware. They're a small company so it'll take them some time to actually show some good footage.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm pretty sure they said they had a publisher lined up (Atlus?) and this isn't vaporware. They're a small company so it'll take them some time to actually show some good footage.[/QUOTE]

there's nothing on their website about that and it hasn't been updated all year. I think they were all talk, but hey they've got some neat ideas.

bread's done
Back