Saints Row 2 $39.99 at fye

GameJesus666

CAGiversary!
This might be old and if it is i apologize, but i was at the mall today and FYE had a special for Saints Row 2 for $39.99, I live in Boston, MA if that matters.

Happy Hunting :)

I believe it was $39.99 for the PS3 too the other day. Had that little red and white sale sticker. Another FYE didn't have it on sale so I thought it might be YMMY.

It's been over a year and a half since I've paid more than 30 for a video game (besides gta4, which i still haven't finished). My friend is all excited about this deal, but I'm gonna wait for a 20 or less price.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Is this one of their notorious 'After Rebate' deals?[/QUOTE]

i think you are correct.....i saw this deal in fye also but it's tricky because fye displays the price on the box like it's $39.99 but they also display after mail-in rebate.....i was tempted but i think i'll pass....games like this eventually hit below $20 rather quickly.....liked the first saints row though...

I' guess I'm spoiled by Amazon. Free shipping/no tax/heck of a deal day after day all make me thinking sending rebate to get discount sounds so 80s.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Is this one of their notorious 'After Rebate' deals?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't in the store I went to. It was $39.99 out the door. The rebate ones usually have the yellow and black sticker on them.

A local Target has Saints Row 2 (360) for $39.99 as a substitute for GTA4, which is on sale but out of stock. Probably very YMMV, but the substitution signs looked official, suggesting they may have originated with corporate rather than a one-off decision by that store.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if games should be $40 at launch. This game has been on sale or hanging at the $40 price tag at quite a few places. It's a great game btw, I rented it and loved, gotta grab it soon so I can play co-op again with a friend.

I didn't really read the fine print on the sign but from what it seemed like it was just a sale without rebates i could be wrong though.

bread's done
Back