Saints Row 2 CE and Regular $19.99 at Fred Meyer B&M only

severian00

CAGiversary!
Like the title says, Saints Row 2 for both 360 and PS3 is $19.99 at Fred Meyer B&M stores while supplies last. I believe the sale is good for the next month but it may only be through the week (I didn't look at the date on the tag). Both the stores I saw it at had lots of copies.

Man, these Fred Meyer's deals are awesome but dammit it just sucks its only avail in the few area they are located. Just venting ppl! hehe

[quote name='regis100']How did you find out about this? $10 off multiple items totaling $50, or only 1 item? I'm not sure what I'd get...[/QUOTE]

Well, it was in my paper but I actually didn't see it there at first. They had it up by the register in Electronics and a stack of them by Customer Service. As eau says the total just needs to be over $50 and it can be anything from Electronics - grab an ink cartridge or a clearance game or anything to top it off!

But man, Fred Meyer is BURSTING with clearance games now. They really need to get moving on those prices. Everything is double or triple what it needs to be to even start selling. That's what amazes me about this Saints Row 2 deal - it is totally out of left field and uncharacteristic of them.

Hmm, this $10 off $50 deal sounds great, the Greenwood Freddy's has GH:Aerosmith bundle with wireless guitar for $35 too.

[quote name='eau']It's Founders Day next week and they will have a 10% off video game software and accessories coupon. It should work on Saints Row 2 and bring the total to $17.99.

b49389230.jpg

Also, they will again have Buy 1 Get 1 Value games as well.[/quote]

Here is what I see in the ad this week; I'm still not sure what "value games" are. I'll try to check it out at some point in the next couple of days:

b493892_18.jpg

[quote name='regis100']I'll try to check it out at some point in the next couple of days.[/quote]

In the back of the store I went to, they had a rack of $9.99 to $19.99 "value" games for mostly Wii and PS2, but also a few for the 360 and PS3 and PSP, maybe even NDS. And a bunch of the little yellow "buy 1 get 1" coupons.

But the coupon doesn't say much, like which games are included. So I don't know if the valid titles are already in their register system. Or if the cashier simply decides whether the games are valid or not. Maybe it's just $19.99 and less? I'm not sure. I didn't ask because I didn't see much that I wanted.

Most of the games were extra crappy. Like dumb kart racing or board game compilations. I did notice a couple of decent ones:

iconwii.gif
RE4 for Wii - $14.99
iconwii.gif
Monkey Ball - $19.99

And if any $19.99 and less are valid, I saw
iconps3.gif
Army of Two and
iconps3.gif
Battlefield Bad Company in the case. And a bunch of the
iconps3.gif
Saints Row 2 for $19.99. Again, though, I'm not sure if those would work with the B1G1 coupon.

If anyone can get an extra copy of the CE (PS3), I'll trade em and make it worth your while, I may even buy it with a MO. Please PM me if anyone can snag an extra CE (PS3)

Score! Finally picked up the 360 CE version in the Sandy, OR store during a weekend trip :D

Apparently, the price is good until the end of May for both the regular and CE versions. The CE versions are pretty hard to find in stock now though.

If anyone finds an extra regular or CE Saints Row 2 for PS3, I would be more than happy to generously buy/trade it from you! Thanks in advance!

Ressurecting a dead thread. The Richland, WA Fred Meyer still has the regular editions of PS3 and Xbox 360 Saints Row 2 on sale for $19.99. The little sale tag had a date of 6/27/09 on it, so I assume the sale price will be valid till then. This probably applies to all Fred Meyer stores if the past is any indication.

Bump.

360 regular is still available as of 6/8/09 w/ plenty of copies for everyone. 10% off coupon brings it down to $18 + tax! Did not check the $ of the PS3 version.

Have 1 360 copy of Saint's Row 2 CE (sealed) available, hit me up with an offer... ---GONE---

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h2dk']Have 1 360 copy of Saint's Row 2 CE (sealed) available, hit me up with an offer...[/QUOTE]

man, id love to but I need the PS3 version. Don't have 360. :(

I was in the Fred Meyers, in Soldotna, Alaska,
and the regular version is $19.99 + 6% tax.

I was sort of bugged about the tax, since
I like to get my games for $20. It's not that
much, but it does add up. In the end, I didn't
mind about the extra, because I was able to
snag some tofu cheese that was slashed
to 2.50 (from 4.89). I took all that they had.
They might have more, in back, but I don't
know for sure. The date on the package
was today's date. I didn't know if it was
okay to eat. I found the clerk who worked
in the section. I don't think that she had
any experience with tofu cheese. She took
what I had, and was going to throw it out,
to follow protocol. I asked her to wait, so
that I could ask a friend, who eats the stuff.
They said that they had eaten it a month
past the date, and it tasted fine. I was
glad that I made that call.

[quote name='GlassAgate']I was in the Fred Meyers, in Soldotna, Alaska,

glad that I made that call.[/QUOTE]
They had a 3-day sale flyer with a $5 off $25 or $10 off $50 coupon. It ended yesterday though.

[quote name='GlassAgate']I was in the Fred Meyers, in Soldotna, Alaska,

glad that I made that call.[/QUOTE]

They also had a 10% off coupon that may still be available.

I think you guys are missing the point. That Cheese Tofu, out of date or not, HAD him at hello. After that, no further savings searching or talk could penetrate the supernova of his bliss.

[quote name='loomis1975']I think you guys are missing the point. That Cheese Tofu, out of date or not, HAD him at hello. After that, no further savings searching or talk could penetrate the supernova of his bliss.[/QUOTE]

It is tofu cheese, or soy cheese, not cheese tofu (which would be tofu made out of cheese, a logistical impossibility). While it is sealed, it'll last quite a while past the date, but, the stuff I get anyway, needs to be eaten quickly, as it goes bad rapidly (probably no faster than regular cheese, but I'm not sure) after being exposed the the elements. The mold is easy to spot though, and can be cut off without a problem. And if I found soy cheese for half off, you better believe I'd buy it all up (assuming it was one of the vegan varieties).

I bought 14 1600 microsoft points cards and a rechargeable battery for an xbox controller for 190 bucks after tax at fred meyers this weekend. They had a 10 off 50 coupon and a 20 percent off coupon for accessories. That made 3 1600 point cards 41.20 after tax. It was a nice little savings for me.

[quote name='mistermoravec']I bought 14 1600 microsoft points cards and a rechargeable battery for an xbox controller for 190 bucks after tax at fred meyers this weekend. They had a 10 off 50 coupon and a 20 percent off coupon for accessories. That made 3 1600 point cards 41.20 after tax. It was a nice little savings for me.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I still have plenty of MS points cards but I should have gotten some Wii points cards this way. While I was aware of the coupons it didn't occur to me the 20% off accessories would count for a points card. Though in doing the math you'd either need to make sure they ring it up in the right order ($10 off $50 first, then the 20%) or you'd have to pad it with something worth just over $2.

(3 x $20 = $60, 20% off makes that $48 and not eligible for the $10 off coupon, but if they do the $10 off first the 20% will apply afterwards I think).

Anyway, it's all moot now but I will definitely keep that in mind if this ever happens again. What is the clearance % this week? I'm guessing it is back to 20% and the clearance stuff which sold very little even with the 40% + $10 off will continue to sit there as it has for months now (seriously, Beijing Olympics on clearance for $49.97? :roll:). My FM had a big bin with clearance games and all they managed to do last week was get rid of the excess sitting on top of the other games - now the bin is stuff full of games standing on end (but at least there are no loose ones sitting on top - so the sale served to neaten up their display and that was about it).

[quote name='guessed']It is tofu cheese, or soy cheese, not cheese tofu (which would be tofu made out of cheese, a logistical impossibility). While it is sealed, it'll last quite a while past the date, but, the stuff I get anyway, needs to be eaten quickly, as it goes bad rapidly (probably no faster than regular cheese, but I'm not sure) after being exposed the the elements. The mold is easy to spot though, and can be cut off without a problem. And if I found soy cheese for half off, you better believe I'd buy it all up (assuming it was one of the vegan varieties).[/QUOTE]

Have you ever tried to freeze it, to see if it'll last longer?

[quote name='io']D'oh! I still have plenty of MS points cards but I should have gotten some Wii points cards this way. While I was aware of the coupons it didn't occur to me the 20% off accessories would count for a points card. Though in doing the math you'd either need to make sure they ring it up in the right order ($10 off $50 first, then the 20%) or you'd have to pad it with something worth just over $2.

(3 x $20 = $60, 20% off makes that $48 and not eligible for the $10 off coupon, but if they do the $10 off first the 20% will apply afterwards I think).

Anyway, it's all moot now but I will definitely keep that in mind if this ever happens again. What is the clearance % this week? I'm guessing it is back to 20% and the clearance stuff which sold very little even with the 40% + $10 off will continue to sit there as it has for months now (seriously, Beijing Olympics on clearance for $49.97? :roll:). My FM had a big bin with clearance games and all they managed to do last week was get rid of the excess sitting on top of the other games - now the bin is stuff full of games standing on end (but at least there are no loose ones sitting on top - so the sale served to neaten up their display and that was about it).[/QUOTE]
You can still do this deal today and tomorrow.

They have $10/20/30 off $50/100/150 coupons AND 20% off video game accessories coupon. They also have $5 off special value games and 10% off PC games coupons.

[quote name='eau']You can still do this deal today and tomorrow.

They have $10/20/30 off $50/100/150 coupons AND 20% off video game accessories coupon. They also have $5 off special value games and 10% off PC games coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just looked through the paper and saw that.

I think this evening I'm going to try to get 5 Wii points/PSN cards. The problem will be in trying to get them to scan the $20 off $100 before the accessory coupon. That way I can just throw in some filler (maybe a clearance guitar strap they have for about $4.xx after discount) to go just over $100, have them scan the $20 off coupon, then the 20% off coupon. I should end up with $100 worth of points cards for $60.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I just looked through the paper and saw that.

I think this evening I'm going to try to get 5 Wii points/PSN cards. The problem will be in trying to get them to scan the $20 off $100 before the accessory coupon. That way I can just throw in some filler (maybe a clearance guitar strap they have for about $4.xx after discount) to go just over $100, have them scan the $20 off coupon, then the 20% off coupon. I should end up with $100 worth of points cards for $60.[/QUOTE]

I have not soon a fred meyer carry a PSN card yet.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I have not soon a fred meyer carry a PSN card yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't even think of that. I haven't looked but I assumed they would since everyone else (even Blockbuster) carries them. Oh well... Maybe I'll get 4 Wii Points cards and a Wii Motion Plus (I'd want 2 of these for Wii Sports Resort, right?).

yes, When I went in they only had the save 10 off 50 coupon. So to maximize I got three cards at a time and always asked them to scan the 10 coupon first, "to maximize savings." I wasn't trying to hide anything from them. I also asked if I could keep the coupons to use later and they always said yes.

The 3 cards came to 41.20.

They also had 512 memory cards on sale for 30 bucks (from 50) I bought two of these the same way so the came to 20.60 a piece after tax...nice deal.

bread's done
Back