Saints Row 2 Collectors Edition (360/PS3) $19.99 Best Buy B&M

solsovly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I just picked up two copies of Saint's Row 2 Collectors Edition at the Manchester, CT Best Buy for $19.99. This was not part of the manager's special section.

I actually asked for the regular edition and the employee price checked the special edition. The regular edition is 29.99. Picked up 2 copies for myself and a friend, there were about 10 left. I forgot to check on the PS3 version.

edit: B&M only, they didn't have the item online
edit2: Looks like the PS3 Version is also 19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Saint's Row 2 is worth every penny. IMO way more fun to play than GTAIV. Paid full price for the CE and don't regret it one bit.

Anyone in MD have any luck?

Also, were there any special stickers, or is it marked at regular price but rings up for $19.99?

seconding the 20 dollar pricetag for nyc as well.

also thanks OP for getting me yet another money clip and bullet shaped usb drive.

[quote name='IronSerif']Anyone in MD have any luck?

Also, were there any special stickers, or is it marked at regular price but rings up for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

There were no special stickers and no price markings. It was in the locked case. There was a separate section of clearance / manager's special games that had previous Reward Zone clearances (End War, Brothers in Arms etc) .

CT crew check-in.

I bought a PS3 CE copy in Manchester back when there was the coupon; it was $23.99 at the time. I've since returned it though

Thanks OP- got the PS3 version as they were out of the 360- I love this game and am looking forward to playing it again!

Crap, no Best Buys around me.

Anyone willing to ship a 360 version to Alaska? Use U.S. postal and it's the same as shipping to anywhere else.

finally that manchester bb put that on sale. been waiting for ever for them being dropped since they had a bunch behind the case. now gotta wait for those halo wars ce.

[quote name='solsovly']I just picked up two copies of Saint's Row 2 Collectors Edition at the Manchester, CT Best Buy for $19.99. This was not part of the manager's special section.

I actually asked for the regular edition and the employee price checked the special edition. The regular edition is 29.99. Picked up 2 copies for myself and a friend, there were about 10 left. I forgot to check on the PS3 version.

edit: B&M only, they didn't have the item online
edit2: Looks like the PS3 Version is also 19.99[/QUOTE]

I just called the west simsbury one and they have it at $30, they wont pricematch Manchester. Any chance I could ask you to hold a copy for me? ^^!

Have I not commented? If I didn't already have a second copy (local co-op between two 360s), I'd be all over this. It's seriously my favorite 360 game.

Called 4 BB's around me and none of them had the CE :( If anyone is able to pick up an extra PS3 copy and would be able to ship, please e-mail me...

[quote name='asnatlas']Called 4 BB's around me and none of them had the CE :( If anyone is able to pick up an extra PS3 copy and would be able to ship, please e-mail me...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, the CE isn't even showing up in their system when I called 3 BB's. I may stop by a BB tomorrow just to check the their physical inventory out.

[quote name='jiggawhat']Would someone mind providing the SKU?[/QUOTE]

8921152 55057

I think the SKU is just the 8921152 part but posted both numbers to be sure.

No such luck in Seattle. I was just at my BB yesterday returning and rebuying Saints Row 2 CE and I had the clerk check the prices at other BB's. She said there was nothing to indicate a cheaper price, I got it at $35. I'll try again at a different BB tomorrow when I pick up LBP: GOTY.

[quote name='cwalker3']Is there a regular BD case in the PS3 package?[/QUOTE]

A Regular what now? If you mean is there a regular Disc case, as far as the 360 version it has the standard green disc case inside the tin. It's not stuck on the tin at all so its just like having a regular edition of the game.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']A Regular what now? If you mean is there a regular Disc case, as far as the 360 version it has the standard green disc case inside the tin. It's not stuck on the tin at all so its just like having a regular edition of the game.[/QUOTE]
BD Case = Blu-Ray Disk Case.

[quote name='solsovly']8921152 55057

I think the SKU is just the 8921152 part but posted both numbers to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was lucky I was able to get one.

They had a bunch on the 360 at the San Francisco store on Harrison St. I picked up a few extra so if you want one, PM me and we'll figure something out. There's probably about 6-10 left on the shelves at the store. Didn't see any for PS3, but I didn't ask because the Apple fan boys had turned the store into a circus.

Edit: Forgot to mention they also had 360 Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway Limited Edition for $24.99

[quote name='cwalker3']BD Case = Blu-Ray Disk Case.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it has the regular bd case inside the tin.

There were 3 PS3 copies of it at the Best Buy in Columbus, OH by Tuttle Mall when I picked mine up last weekend.

Well I went to a different Best Buy after work and I was able to get down to $23.99 from $35.99. Not only that but I saw Edgerrin James there shopping for a lap top and a backpack.

Then went to another Best Buy and got Uncharted and Burnout Paradise for a combined $38.30.

So that's GTA IV + Saints Row 2 + Uncharted + Burnout = $76.72.

[quote name='cwalker3']BD Case = Blu-Ray Disk Case.[/QUOTE]

Whoever came up with BD instead of BR to describe Blu Ray should be drug out into the street and shot.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']Whoever came up with BD instead of BR to describe Blu Ray should be drug out into the street and shot.[/QUOTE]

who cares. :roll:

Ill def pick up the ps3 version if i can find it. Thanks OP for the heads up.

[quote name='IronSerif']Anyone in MD have any luck?

Also, were there any special stickers, or is it marked at regular price but rings up for $19.99?[/QUOTE]
Between Columbia, Perry Hall, and Rosedale, all I found was the PS3 version in Columbia. There are 2 left right now.

The BD case is exactly the same as the non-CE.

I also noticed a Platinum Hits version for the 360. Yes, Saint's Row 2. I didn't realize this was coming, so there's why this is getting blown out. (Pardon me if I am stupidly late to the party.)

[quote name='cwalker3']Between Columbia, Perry Hall, and Rosedale, all I found was the PS3 version in Columbia. There are 2 left right now.

I also noticed a Platinum Hits version for the 360. Yes, Saint's Row 2. I didn't realize this was coming, so there's why this is getting blown out. (Pardon me if I am stupidly late to the party.)[/QUOTE]

Bowie, Md had 1 ps3 copy yesterday

[quote name='cwalker3']Between Columbia, Perry Hall, and Rosedale, all I found was the PS3 version in Columbia. There are 2 left right now.

I also noticed a Platinum Hits version for the 360. Yes, Saint's Row 2. I didn't realize this was coming, so there's why this is getting blown out. (Pardon me if I am stupidly late to the party.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update man. I was actually going to run to either the Rosedale or the Whitemarsh Location tonight, but maybe I'll try for the Columbia store tomorrow or this weekend. Was it $19.99? Also, was it marked that way, or it was marked at regular price but rang up on sale?

Thanks again!

[quote name='IronSerif']Thanks for the update man. I was actually going to run to either the Rosedale or the Whitemarsh Location tonight, but maybe I'll try for the Columbia store tomorrow or this weekend. Was it $19.99? Also, was it marked that way, or it was marked at regular price but rang up on sale?

Thanks again![/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah, it was $19.99 in Columbia. Rosedale actually did have it for PS3, but it was $24.99. (I live in Perry Hall and work in Columbia, so I wasn't driving all over the state or anything...)

YMMV
@Florence ,AL

PS3 reg and CE $29.99

i bought the CE what the hell it a fun game

What other game lets you play as a Morbidly Obese Chinese Woman with a Fro!

I went to my bestbuy just the other day here in N.Y, and they had at least 30 copies of the collectors edition for the ps3, but it was $31.99 after tax, so I skipped.

bread's done
Back