Saint's Row 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

I was going to pre-order at a Gamestop, but they didn't know whether they were out of the pre-order bonuses to hand out or if it actually comes with the game. Sorry to ask, but does anyone know?

[quote name='Guerrilla']I was going to pre-order at a Gamestop, but they didn't know whether they were out of the pre-order bonuses to hand out or if it actually comes with the game. Sorry to ask, but does anyone know?[/quote]

Well the site says the codes will be mailed with package if your order it online. So maybe the codes are inside the game case?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well the site says the codes will be mailed with package if your order it online. So maybe the codes are inside the game case?[/quote]
I certainly hope so then. Thanks!

[quote name='Guerrilla']I certainly hope so then. Thanks![/quote]

I hope so too because i want my mini bike and UFO! plus they have a cool windows theme to use on your pc. All of which i want bad! They better not scam me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I hope so too because i want my mini bike and UFO! plus they have a cool windows theme to use on your pc. All of which i want bad! They better not scam me.[/quote]People playing the game have already found the in-game cheats to unlock both of those vehicles, so I wouldn't be too upset if you didn't get them (unless you're head over heels for a new Windows theme).

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']People playing the game have already found the in-game cheats to unlock both of those vehicles, so I wouldn't be too upset if you didn't get them (unless you're head over heels for a new Windows theme).[/quote]

ohh thats good news then. :bouncy:
Im not sure ill get the pc theme though, because when i pre ordered it wasnt part of the deal. But it was added later.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']People playing the game have already found the in-game cheats to unlock both of those vehicles, so I wouldn't be too upset if you didn't get them (unless you're head over heels for a new Windows theme).[/quote]

Please do share these codes....

Great.... Ne-Yo is on the soundtrack :roll:

Looks like I'll be using a custom soundtrack yet again for this game. I remember when open world games actually had good soundtracks (The GTA PS2 trilogy, True Crime: NYC, etc.). GTA IV and the original Saints Row sucked as well in terms of music.

[quote name='Rozz']Great.... Ne-Yo is on the soundtrack :roll:

Looks like I'll be using a custom soundtrack yet again for this game. I remember when open world games actually had good soundtracks (The GTA PS2 trilogy, True Crime: NYC, etc.). GTA IV and the original Saints Row sucked as well in terms of music.[/quote]

I like Ne-Yo. When You're Mad is a classic.

[quote name='help1']I like Ne-Yo. When You're Mad is a classic.[/quote]

I'll pretend you didn't say that ;)

He's just too damn soft... to damn lame...

[quote name='KaneRobot']That launch trailer with the Eazy E song is one of the best trailers I've seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

Too bad Real Muthaphucking G's isn't in the game. :cry:

This game is freaking hilarious how over the top it is. I went to my blockbuster and they had it yesterday and they let me rent it :)

I got the game. I'm playing through some NBA 2K9 games before I open it (just got that, too) since I was up till 4:30 A.M. finishing GTA IV.

I just picked it up. Does the game only run in 2.0 sound for anyone else?

I wonder if it has to do with running the audio to my receiver through HDMI.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']oh sweet jesus this soundtrack is amazing.

Out of touch? Take on me?

FINAL COUNTDOWN!?!?

THQ.. Voilition.. just take my money. Here, have it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that 80s line-up looks pretty good. I'm pleased to see the classical station is back too, for some good old Clockwork Orange style ultraviolence. I remember the first game had "March of the Valkyries" on the classical station, it was awesome running people over in multiplayer with that blaring out.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']God I want this game so bad, but I have absolutely no money :cry:[/quote]
Gamestop has a deal (crappy trade in offer) where if you trade in two select (read: recently released popular titles) then you can get it for only $19.99. Gotta love these trade in "deals". :roll:

I'm 3% in so far and I'm loving it. It isn't perfect by any means but I'm enjoying it. The customization options are amazing. I'm currently a smartass brittish dude calling people wankers and stuff.

[quote name='Rocko']Sigh. I have to wait until DD ships my CE. :[[/quote]

Im in the same boat, hopefully my order from gamestop will be sent to me soon. :(

The employees at my local Gamestop said that they got a memo from corporate stating that the pre-order pack-in codes for the collector's edition were mistakenly packaged with regular editions. They simply gave me the codes that I could find on Gamefaqs. Is that all it is?

Uhmm... Still can't figure out why I can only get two channel audio from it when all my other games have no problem and give me Linear PCM/DD 5.1.

Picked this up from Blockbuster earlier today. Co-op seems to be an interesting addition. Unfortunately no one on my friends list is playing this.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The employees at my local Gamestop said that they got a memo from corporate stating that the pre-order pack-in codes for the collector's edition were mistakenly packaged with regular editions. They simply gave me the codes that I could find on Gamefaqs. Is that all it is?[/QUOTE]

The UFO and Bike? Yeah, so much for a bonus if anyone can get them.

[quote name='seanr1221'] Seems buggier than the first, but it really is hilarious.[/quote]

I agree. I played and loved Saints Row 1, but after playing SR2 for a few hours tonight it feels way more unfinished to me. I've seen cars and pedestrians disappear completely, an extremely inconsistent framerate and even the driving feels TERRIBLE. I actually reloaded Saints Row 1 to check if it was this bad, but I didn't see as many issues. I hope they put some hours into a major title update soon so this gets playable. I don't know about other CAGs, but unfinished games really irk me, especially when I pay full price for a "high profile" title.

I also read quite a few reviews today at work before picking the game up and I didn't see any reference to some of the totally obvious and annoying technical issues that jump right out at you.

Shame, shame.

I made it through 11% complete before I forced myself to quit. In my six hour marathon I barely touched the actual missions. I was having too much fun tazering people and stuff. I only experienced one instance of slowdown and I just backed out to the main menu and loaded up again and that worked it out. The only weird thing I noticed in the game was when I parked my taxi on the sidewalk and went into a store when I came back out there was a guy standing in my taxi. I just drove off and he got ran over.

Overall there's typically always going to be some random bugs in a game so vast as this, I personally think the fun I had outweighed any negatives someone can bring up about it. I mean, the only reason I quit playing is I need to be up in three hours.

Hmm, bit of a mixed reaction to the bugs I see. Well, hopefully it'll arrive today from gamefly so I can give it a whirl. Also, if anyone's looking into getting it a tad cheaper and have gamefly...I guess the keep-it price is only 46.99, so not too shabby on a game you know will be in great condition.

For those who have completed at least 80% of the Brotherhood missions:
There's a unique "homie" you can get by calling 555-LYNN
No, it's not Lynn from SR1 :cry:

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']For those who have completed at least 80% of the Brotherhood missions:
There's a unique "homie" you can get by calling 555-LYNN
No, it's not Lynn from SR1 :cry:
[/quote]

Yes the homie is already pictured in the picture i put out earlier in this thread.......doubt anyone caught that though.

[quote name='Wolve11']Yes the homie is already pictured in the picture i put out earlier in this thread.......doubt anyone caught that though.[/quote]Indeed. I'm sure you can get said homie before doing the Brotherhood missions, but it would make more sense to dial the number afterwards (otherwise it'd be a minor spoiler).

[quote name='player66']I agree. I played and loved Saints Row 1, but after playing SR2 for a few hours tonight it feels way more unfinished to me. I've seen cars and pedestrians disappear completely, an extremely inconsistent framerate and even the driving feels TERRIBLE. I actually reloaded Saints Row 1 to check if it was this bad, but I didn't see as many issues. I hope they put some hours into a major title update soon so this gets playable. I don't know about other CAGs, but unfinished games really irk me, especially when I pay full price for a "high profile" title.[/quote]
The game is fun, no doubt. It has to be most enjoyable co-op game I had in a while. However, I agree with you that the game feels unpolished. Pop-ins is worse than in GTAIV. Car pop-ins and disappearances happen too frequently in SR2. It seems Volition increased the character's polygons but reduced them in all other areas. Cars in SR1 looks a lot better and handling better too.

I like the handling of cars better in SR2 personally. The handbrake is still very touchy, but not as much as it was in SR1.So far I think it's a lot of fun, but I think if they're going to make a Saint's Row 3 they should probably use a different game engine. The pop in doesn't bug me as much as stuff disappearing, getting stuck in other objects, and freezing.

This game is a lot of fun so far (3 and a half hours in). But I can see this being 20 hours or less if I just focus on the missions. It's a lot easier to earn respect during missions so you really don't even have to do many activities. I'm going to force myself to do activities (which I enjoy) so I don't run through the story in less than a week. This game seems about half the length of GTA IV.

Fun as hell, but quite a bit rough around the edges. The game is littered with bugs. People disappearing, people not reacting to other people getting killed around them, no reaction from pedestrians when you use the tazer gun on them while they're on a motorcycle, you can't stop and stand still or crouch on a lot of the stairways leading to buildings because you'll slide to the bottom of them like a freakin' slip and slide (you have to run or walk all the way up, can't stop mid-way), there was a ramp on a rooftop I couldn't jump off of because the roadblocks made my car stop (like it was hitting a brick wall), even though I had already tipped them over.. and apparently there's a restaurant called "Kanto" that you are completely untouchable in because I've been killing people in there for a good ten minutes with a four star wanted level and not one cop has stepped inside the building..

But despite it all, it's amazingly fun.

The multiplayer sucks.

Hard time getting into matches and when you do, the modes just aren't that much fun.

Bring back Protect The Pimp, Pimped Out Ride, and Big Ass Chains, please.

bread's done
Back