Saint's Row 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='yukafls']Damn, talk about the most epic ending to the ending. Do I get to
get revenge on dex
[/quote]
Nah, they have to save something for the sequel/end of the trilogy...

I absolutely love this game, but the one thing that absolutely pisses me off and is so damn frustrating is any mission where you drive. These assholes on the road purposefully turn in front of you when you are driving. IT is like everyone in the world is trying to divert you off the road.

I am like halfway through the
Brotherhood
Missions and just Killed
Mearo's Girl
. I have about 16 hours, which isn't bad considering this is the ONLY game I have played since early November.

[quote name='Layziebones']I absolutely love this game, but the one thing that absolutely pisses me off and is so damn frustrating is any mission where you drive. These assholes on the road purposefully turn in front of you when you are driving. IT is like everyone in the world is trying to divert you off the road.
[/QUOTE]

The motorcycle Ronin mission was a pain for me I kept getting thrown off my bike for that same reason.

[quote name='Owen']The motorcycle Ronin mission was a pain for me I kept getting thrown off my bike for that same reason.[/quote]

The one where you had to kill the seven Ronin on Motorcycles? That was the one of the hardest missions IMO. I just ended up taking a car and after several tries managed to blow them all up in one fire.

Just finished this game a few weeks ago, and any motorcycle mission was the one gameplay weak spot.. but lucky they sometimes give you a chance to quickly pull out a rocket launcher and finish it before the chase even starts. Or occationally they'll loop around to the starting point atleast once during the mission, so you can stand around and get some easy shots in.

Love this game. I hope rockstar is paying attention and leaving the gaming Martin Scorsese asperations alone for GTA5.

Before I bought this game I was kinda worried because every GTA clone I played of last gen sucked, so after getting pissed at GTA IV (come on, they literally took out the ability to do anything cool), I decided to try this and all I have to say is wow.

Not only did they get the feel of classic GTA III-SA mayham, they ramped it up a notch here and there. I love everything about this game, it is just so fun to play and since I was a big GTA fan before they went boring, this gives me my fix :D. Even a shitty PC port isn't letting me down.

I think my only complaint with this game so far is you can't chop off heads like in GTA SA, but thats very small. Fan fucking tastic.

Also I am loving the soundtrack, any soundtrack that has both The Final Countdown AND Opeth is pure win (although I only listen to the 80's and metal ones).

is there anyway to turns gangs back on? i have a few things like taunting that need gangs, and i have beaten it (obviously).

[quote name='orntar']is there anyway to turns gangs back on? i have a few things like taunting that need gangs, and i have beaten it (obviously).[/quote]

It works when you taunt pimps. And maybe cops too? Im not totally sure.

[quote name='orntar']is there anyway to turns gangs back on? i have a few things like taunting that need gangs, and i have beaten it (obviously).[/QUOTE]

I joined a friends co-op game who still was fighting the gangs and completed the taunt achievement that way since there are not as many pimps around so it takes a while to get 50.

Big ass chains !!!

I have this game now , I grabbed the LE at Meijer for $39.99 .
I like it so far .
I asked the guy at meijer if he played it .
He said no what is it like ?
I said it's like GTA , but you get to be more of an asshole .

I'm enjoying this game as well, like many CAGs who followed Cheapy's advice. I picked it up for $27 from Gamefly about two weeks ago, and have put in about six or eight hours.

It's definitely one of those games that I will eventually finish - but maybe not until after I get through Fallout 3.

[quote name='orntar']is there anyway to turns gangs back on? i have a few things like taunting that need gangs, and i have beaten it (obviously).[/QUOTE]

Go out and recruit 3 of your own gang members, dismiss them, and then continuously taunt them (let your taunts finish before taunting again). The achievement should unlock for you after a minute or so (I had the same problem, and doing this worked).

What percent would you be at when you beat the game if you've mostly done story missions? I'm at 51% and working on the Ronin (my 3rd gang). I'm debating whether or not to do some sidequests. Perecnt wise, how close am I to beating the game?

Also does buying stores contribute to 100%?

[quote name='Blackout']What percent would you be at when you beat the game if you've mostly done story missions? I'm at 51% and working on the Ronin (my 3rd gang). I'm debating whether or not to do some sidequests. Perecnt wise, how close am I to beating the game?

Also does buying stores contribute to 100%?[/QUOTE]

I was at 61% I believe. And if that's your 3rd gang, your close to the end.

I just beat the game. Last mission was kinda hectic with the
helicopter and all that.
Screw the sidequests/achievements. I'm not going to go after them. It's going to take too much time. I really liked the game. I thought it was great. I got about 20 hours in so I'm happy with it.

This game is way better than I expected. I'm even having fun doing the side junk like streaking, hitman, chop shop, etc. Saints Row is also a good game, but they definitely improved on it with the sequel.

The achievements suck, but I'm trying not to let that affect me. :lol:

Satchel charges are just awesome. :D

Are there any plans for DLC for this game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']Hmm, should I get GTA's expansion or Saints Row?[/QUOTE]

I you liked Vice City and or San Andreas you will LOVE Saint's Row. The music, art style, gun play, whacky characters, driving, all that kinda stuff is great.

God I wish I had more time to game because I really like this one. For some reason, I don't mind doing the side missions in SR2 as opposed to SR1 where I absolutely hated detracting from the main story.

Gotta finish GTA then get to this one.

[quote name='TC']I you liked Vice City and or San Andreas you will LOVE Saint's Row. The music, art style, gun play, whacky characters, driving, all that kinda stuff is great.[/quote]

I'll have to pick it up when the next deal comes around. Thanks.

from kotaku :

Time to dust off your copies of Saints Row 2, kids, because developers Volition have revealed that three new pieces of downloadable content are on their way to the 360 & PS3.

The first is called "Ultor Exposed", and will be out on April 16. It will include three new missions, a new co-op game mode where you score points for carnage, and a few new maps, vehicles and weapons.

As for the other two pieces of DLC, there's no details at this point.

Ultor will be 800 MS Points/USD$10. Which, in the wake of Lost & Damned's smorgasbord of content, seems awfully steep.

Saints Row getting three DLC packs [Eurogamer]

Maybe the PS3 owners will get their trophy patch .

IGN explains more on the DLC and has a cool trailer for it, for $10 I might get it. I would rather pay $10 for the Fallout content than SR2 3 missions

[quote name='Richlough']from kotaku :

Time to dust off your copies of Saints Row 2, kids, because developers Volition have revealed that three new pieces of downloadable content are on their way to the 360 & PS3.
[/QUOTE]

THREE missions, for 800 points? LOL.

That new plane looks fun, and some of the costumes look okay. But only 3 missions for 10 bucks? I dont care about MP maps, or Tara Patrick. This should be 400 points at most. Man im glad Rockstar isnt like THQ, they would have made us pay 60 dollars for TLAD.

Been playing this a lot lately and I'm loving it. The moment I got on a bike with a samurai sword in my hands and The Final Countdown started playing, I knew I was going to like this more than GTAIV.

Does this game always run like shit? I've played through Jailbreak tonight and it barely broke 20fps, with the boat scene getting no more than 10fps at most. Is the rest of the game this choppy?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Does this game always run like shit? I've played through Jailbreak tonight and it barely broke 20fps, with the boat scene getting no more than 10fps at most. Is the rest of the game this choppy?[/quote]

That part was super choppy for me to, but other than that I have only had one other time for about 2 minutes when I had 3 gang rating and 5 star cop rating during Rampage.

Just downloaded the DLC. The three new missions are......decent, to say the least. I beat them in under an hour. The voice acting from Tera sounds horrible, it's very corny. The new cars are interesting, the Scout is fun to just blow stuff up with. Haven't played the new maps yet, so I don't know how those are. If you love SR2, I'd pick it up, but IMO, it's not worth 800 points.

[quote name='gareman']That part was super choppy for me to, but other than that I have only had one other time for about 2 minutes when I had 3 gang rating and 5 star cop rating during Rampage.[/quote]

Ok, good to know.

Zombie Uprising is fantastic.

[quote name='kurokubushi']I could never get into the first one, is the 2nd one better or just more of the same?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Saints Row 2 much more then part 1. In part 1 everything was just much harder and not as enjoyable but there are still a few activities in 2 that are tough but it is a fun little game especially if you play the missions co-op with a friend.

I still need to finish some of the missions in co-op now that they released the patch to fix the buggy co-op achievements that would not unlock before so if anyone wants to play just PM me your Live gamertag.

I had this on PS3, finished it and traded it in.

But I just re-bought it for the 360 and I forgot what a good game it is.

For the DLC, do you reccomend I wait until I'm half way in or almost done the game before getting the DLC?

Im having issues with my friend with a bug, we have been playing coop so far no prob but getting to "Airborne Assault" for the Sons of Samedi stops when iur guys are in the helicopter and just sits thereand we cant complete it, but we can each do it individually if needed. We really want to get the coopmission achievements, anyone have advice? Like if we both do thismission individually, can we go back later in coop in hopes this might work? should we just try the mission repeatedlly?

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']For the DLC, do you reccomend I wait until I'm half way in or almost done the game before getting the DLC?[/QUOTE]Donate that $10 to charity. As much as I love Saints Row 2, the DLC is not worth the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read recently that they are coming out with even more DLC for this. If it's the same $10 for 3 missions of crap that they just released, they can keep it.

I'm about 72% done with the game right now and have beaten all of the gangs. I'd love just a little more content, but I'm happy with how things turned out for the most part. It's a shame it's almost over though. I have a few Ultor missions left and I'm done.

So moojuiced was going to help me until we realized that he has DLC for SR2 and I don't and players are incompatible... :(

Is there anyone that can help me get through this mission so my mate and I can get the coop mission achievements/finish the game? Let me know thanks!

bread's done
Back