Saints Row 2 PS3 Collector Edition $33.98 at buy.com

How is this on PS3? I played the PC version and loved it. I'm tempted to pick this up just to have access to the console-only DLC.

nice first contribution, but not really a stellar deal..I think a ton of us got it for $10-$20 from Best Buy..I wouldn't pay more than $25 for this.

Now, Saints Row 3 will be priceless since CheapyD himself will be in it!!

Kinda hard to tell if it's a worthwhile deal at this price... lots of listings at the $45 and up range on ebay but none of them seem to actually be selling save for a used copy that sold for $20. Personally, I didn't really think it was worth the extra cash, outside of a cool usb drive there wasn't much else in the CE that made it worthwhile, I'm glad that I got mine on the cheap at BB a year or so back.

How is this on PS3? I played the PC version and loved it. I'm tempted to pick this up just to have access to the console-only DLC.
I played it on the PS3 and it worked great, I don't think I ever encountered nor heard of any problems with the PS3 version.

[quote name='agentghost']there is no info about what is exclusive included in this CE.. does any1 know?[/QUOTE]
61QocfccxRL_SS400_.jpg

according to amazon
PlayStation 3 Collector's Edition Features Include:
  • Saints Row 2 Game
  • Saints Row 2 Embossed Tin
  • Saints Row 2 Money Clip
  • Double-Sided Game Poster/Map
  • Exclusive Art Book
  • Gold Bullet Shaped 512 MB USB Thumb Drive*
*The PS3 thumb drive features a Saints Row 2 "PS3 Theme" with four PS3 exclusive rotating wallpapers and updated Saints Row 2 icons for the Cross Media Bar (XMB).

I got the 360 collectors version on clearance and I thought that all the extra stuff was pretty junky and not worth paying extra for. The money clip is kinda cool and gaudy, but since you can get the game for $18-ish new, at these prices, you are paying alot for the extras.

[quote name='eastshore4']Kinda hard to tell if it's a worthwhile deal at this price... lots of listings at the $45 and up range on ebay but none of them seem to actually be selling save for a used copy that sold for $20. Personally, I didn't really think it was worth the extra cash, outside of a cool usb drive there wasn't much else in the CE that made it worthwhile, I'm glad that I got mine on the cheap at BB a year or so back.[/QUOTE]

If you dont like the deal then dont buy it. But we really dont need more people in these threads posting nothing more than how they dont think it is a deal for whatever reason. While you may not want it at that price someone else will.

[quote name='gargus']If you dont like the deal then dont buy it. But we really dont need more people in these threads posting nothing more than how they dont think it is a deal for whatever reason. While you may not want it at that price someone else will.[/QUOTE]

Great... you know, at first I was with you on the whole complaint about people that whine-and-dash, but you're getting too out of control with it now. This isn't me saying "anyone who buys this is an idiot" and jumping ship, I'm trying to offer some perspective. It's a two way street buddy, people like you might prefer it if we just post the deals and shut our pie holes, but there's also a lot of people reaching out to other CAGS to get their personal perspectives, I'm sure you've seen just as many "is this game any good?" posts popping up around the place as I have.

I picked up the CE of SR2 because it was at a similar price to what the standard version was at the time. Quite an enjoyable game, as I finished the main game and most of the sidequests and mini-games even though the game doesn't have trophy support. It's about the only open-world game I haven't lost interest in part of the way through.

On the other hand, the stuff in the CE IS pretty much junk. Even the map is useless as it lacks any markings of where things like hospitals, gun shops, apartments for sale, etc. are in the world; the main reason one would even use a map.

So that's a hardy recommendation for the game, but a thumbs down for the CE, just get the standard version unless you can get the CE for the same price as standard.
===
In regards to not "poo pooing a deal" many folks would like context on a deal so that they can make the most informed decision. It's one thing to come into a thread like this and say "Not worth it" and that's all, but it is entirely separate from someone saying "Hey, I have first-hand experience with this product, it did not meet my expectations, here is why ____. Buyer beware."

I really wish this game had trophies. There were even quotes, tho later said misquoted, about the game having unique ps3 achievements. oh well. still a super game ;)

[quote name='token2k6']nice first contribution, but not really a stellar deal..I think a ton of us got it for $10-$20 from Best Buy..I wouldn't pay more than $25 for this.

Now, Saints Row 3 will be priceless since CheapyD himself will be in it!![/QUOTE]

and a year or so ago fred meyer was selling them for both consoles for like 15 or 20 bucks. i was lucky enough to find someone on cag to get me a copy. ive since traded in the game but kept the ce stuff.

[quote name='warreni']How is this on PS3? I played the PC version and loved it. I'm tempted to pick this up just to have access to the console-only DLC.[/QUOTE]

I have standard version on PS3 and it did freeze up on me once, late in the single player campaign, but it was that one time.

Also, if you glance it at the back of the case for Greatest Hits version of Saints Row 2, it says it supports trophies, but just like two people have already said, the game in fact does not have trophy support and to my knowledge a trophy support patch has not been released.

this game is very silly and fun. Price is a bit high but I suppose it's worth it if you are into CEs. I have a sealed copy if anyone wants it. $10 shipped.

nope. no trophy support patch. even tho, sad to say, if they did implement one, it would be so sweet, and i would replay the whole game. You want to do everything anyway because of the ingame bonuses you get throughout the entire game, but still it would be sweet to have a trophy saying you pimp slapped someone across town or that you were the fecal spraying master. lol

[quote name='Velo214']nope. no trophy support patch. even tho, sad to say, if they did implement one, it would be so sweet, and i would replay the whole game. You want to do everything anyway because of the ingame bonuses you get throughout the entire game, but still it would be sweet to have a trophy saying you pimp slapped someone across town or that you were the fecal spraying master. lol[/QUOTE]

Lack of trophy support always kept me from this game. I always wanted to try it, but there are other (better?) trophy enabled games that always piqued my interest more...

yeah, its like, i dont even care about trophies cuz i never compare my psn id with other peoples, i just like to have a sort of log of what games I played and when and how long it took/etc. my memory is shot, from who knows what(toke,toke,lol) and I like the trophy list cuz it reminds me of good times in games. lol. i enjoy reminiscing/recollection. derrr... i need to sleep im gettn loopy. lol. it also sucks cuz if you read the articles (google saints row 2 ps3 trophy support) and the developers(volition/thq) were all about bringing trophies, even unique ones, to the ps3. it seems they forgot... even on the forums we were yelling for it, and they finally said nope, they would have rather worked on the crappy dlc and make $$$ off of it. and tera patrick? ugh. give me stoya or nicole ray any day :)

[quote name='Velo214']nope. no trophy support patch. even tho, sad to say, if they did implement one, it would be so sweet, and i would replay the whole game. You want to do everything anyway because of the ingame bonuses you get throughout the entire game, but still it would be sweet to have a trophy saying you pimp slapped someone across town or that you were the fecal spraying master. lol[/QUOTE]
FYI to anyone waiting to play it in the hopes of a trophy patch, they said definitely about 6 months ago that trophies would not be implemented for Saint's Row 2.

bread's done
Back