Saints Row 2?

BlackwtrMerc

CAGiversary!
I haven't ever played it or the first one, in fact, I've never played GTA either. But the other day I saw it at Target for 15$ and I was wondering if it's worth that price.

I think at 15 it is definitely worth it. I never played any of the GTA's for more than an hour and I loved the first and second SR. They are about fun so as long as you don't take them seriously, they'll be worth it.

Fun game. The first one went Platinum on the 360. If it matters for you, the 360 version offers up achievements while the PS3 doesn't have trophy support. If you saw it at Target.. you're probably looking for the PS3 one though. :]

You can get the PS3 version for free or something form bestbuy this monday. And yes, it is a really good game, especially since you have never played GTa.

[quote name='help1']You can get the PS3 version for free or something form bestbuy this monday. And yes, it is a really good game, especially since you have never played GTa.[/QUOTE]

Not really worth it to go out through the snow and stuff, unless you live very close to a BB

[quote name='Casteor']Wait, no trophy support on PS3? That changes my mind on getting it.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

The game is fun, but didn't take the 'serious' route like GTA IV kind of went.:cry:

As for the no trophy thing, who cares?!?!? I guess I must be the only gamer this gen who doesn't give a rat's ass about the cheesemints or trophies, huh?

If a game is fun, I'll play it. If I get a trophy while playing it, I'll go 'oh I got a trophy', then ignore the thing on the screen saying I got it and go back to the game.

SR2 is my second favorite game of all time. (First is Red Alert 2.)
I also own and love all the GTA games including duplicate copies between PS2 and XBOX, but I enjoyed SR2 so much mainly because of the pure fun and co-op story mode. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

The game is fun, but didn't take the 'serious' route like GTA IV kind of went.:cry:

.[/QUOTE]

I never played Saints Row 2 before this one, but I have played it over 3 times (at least 70 hours). I never had this much fun since GTA: Vice City, especially playing Coop with a friend which adds more value. I have the PS3 version so trophies do not really matter and if you skip on this game because of that then you are missing out.

I played Saints Row 2 as a rental from Game fly and I wound up keeping it While the story is not as good as GTA IV, but it is just plain stupid fun and a couple of the missions are even quite a challenge. So I say Buy It, even without the trophy support, no big deal and the online is fun too

Plus they are working on Saints Row 3

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll:

As for the no trophy thing, who cares?!?!? I guess I must be the only gamer this gen who doesn't give a rat's ass about the cheesemints or trophies, huh?

If a game is fun, I'll play it. If I get a trophy while playing it, I'll go 'oh I got a trophy', then ignore the thing on the screen saying I got it and go back to the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya man I don't care about that bs, just play the damn game. For example Assassins Creed wants me to find those stupid flags for achievements. Give me a break! I don't have time for that stuff I'm just going to do the main stuff and have fun. If I get them oh well but I will never turn down a good game if it doesn't have them included that's just stupid(nor will I play a horrible game just for some lame achievements).

[quote name='Casteor']Not really worth it to go out through the snow and stuff, unless you live very close to a BB[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Free???

Oh no there's a little snow, and I do not want a free game.

bread's done
Back