Saints Row 3 question

praxus07

CAGiversary!
Feedback
-1 (0%)
OK, so I want to get this for the PS3, but I'm wondering what to look for since I read that some copies came with a free version of Saints Row 2?

Is it every copy that came with it or just certain ones?

I'll second that Saints Row 3 is pretty awesome. I did not play the first two, but after finishing the third one I went out and got both of the first two. It's not often that I am inspired to do such a thing.

[quote name='praxus07']OK, so I want to get this for the PS3, but I'm wondering what to look for since I read that some copies came with a free version of Saints Row 2?

Is it every copy that came with it or just certain ones?[/QUOTE]
Like ShockAndAww already said, the free copy of SR2 dealie was over a while ago(February, I believe). You got the free copy of it for redeeming your online pass that came packaged with the game.

I've been considering getting rid of my copy, since I haven't played it in months. There's honestly not much to do once you finish the game and by the time you finish it you'll be damn near invulnerable.

if you still want a "free" copy of SR2 you could always join ps+ it's one of the games that's part of the "instant game collection" promotion for the month of june.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's honestly not much to do once you finish the game and by the time you finish it you'll be damn near invulnerable.[/QUOTE]

I'm currently dealing with this, but I still have a ton of fun running and jumping off of things and watching my followers follow, calling in airstrikes, and generally causing as much mayhem as possible. I still have stunt locations to find and a few more activities to do.

I'm a sucker for open world games.

Ah, I'll pass on SR3 then. If it came with SR2 then it would have worth it, since it doesn't any longer I'll just get something else. Not interested in PS+ either, so not def not going that route.

Thanks for the info...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']I'm currently dealing with this, but I still have a ton of fun running and jumping off of things and watching my followers follow, calling in airstrikes, and generally causing as much mayhem as possible. I still have stunt locations to find and a few more activities to do.

I'm a sucker for open world games.[/QUOTE]
Too bad EA didn't keep up the servers for Mercenaries 2 co-op. That shit was an absolute blast to play, though I mainly used it as my fuck around game. I'd turn on the cheat mode, max out health/ammo and grab some tactical nukes and just level whole city blocks in it.:evil::twisted:
[quote name='praxus07']Ah, I'll pass on SR3 then. If it came with SR2 then it would have worth it, since it doesn't any longer I'll just get something else. Not interested in PS+ either, so not def not going that route.

Thanks for the info...[/QUOTE]
You're welcome. It kinda sucks that the offer was only for a certain amount of time and that you absolutely had to redeem the online pass to get it.

But it would appear that that's where most game publishers are going nowadays.:roll:

[quote name='TheCro']Mercenaries 2 servers are still up, though....[/QUOTE]
Really? I was under the assumption that they had pulled support for the game after they eliminated Pandemic Studios.

After just Googling it, it appears that the PC servers for the co-op were shut down two years ago. If that's the case, then I may have to buy a cheap copy and see if my one buddy from CAG/PSN will co-op that completely with me. We're currently working on Dead Island via co-op(which is a PITA due to the game freezing your system about every 2 hours or so:roll:) and more than likely will co-op Inversion next.

Hopefully you're right, since I was having an absolute blast with Mercs 2 and wanna unlock the whole game world so when I play single player I can roam around freely.;)

bread's done
Back