Saint's Row Double Pack Limited Edition $19.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Ltor']So I'm interested in picking this game up for the co-op because me and my friend like messing around in gta IV in free mode but were looking for something new. (was real bummed just cause 2 had no multilayer) So I was hoping somebody could tell me if any of the DLC (i believe there are 3) add anything to co-op like parachutes or new cars? If so that would probably make this pack worth it even though I have no interest in the first saints row. Otherwise I'll prolly just order 2 used copy's of SR 2 today.[/QUOTE]

Yes the DLC includes more cars. One of the packs (Ultor Exposed) includes a Pavelow-like chopper w/ missiles and machine gun. The last DLC pack has an Ultor plane which is pretty fast and maneuverable. If the Limited Edition includes DLC + both games...I'd go for this. However if you're just getting Saints Row 2....find it used for cheaper and don't bother with DLC.

[quote name='loserboy']I'm betting the "limited" part is that it WILL include the DLC as opposed to the previous doublepack...[/QUOTE]

Well, at least they fixed their mistake... eventually. I'm actually impressed with the $20 release price, they could have pushed it to $30 easy. I hope that the other Double Pack'll be discontinued. Does anyone think this'll be a limited print? My wallet could afford to wait on picking this thing up if it's not.

[quote name='Wezzles']Yes the DLC includes more cars. One of the packs (Ultor Exposed) includes a Pavelow-like chopper w/ missiles and machine gun. The last DLC pack has an Ultor plane which is pretty fast and maneuverable. If the Limited Edition includes DLC + both games...I'd go for this. However if you're just getting Saints Row 2....find it used for cheaper and don't bother with DLC.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks sir, now I guess we must wait and see what this actually is...

Did this thing just come out of no where and show up on gamestop and amazon? Or was this announced at some point? And why the hell do I have to wait till next month for it to be released? I already waited for this game to be released! this is Nonsense.

Okay I found what's different. It's the EXACT same thing as the previously released double pack but includes an early access code to SR3's Initiation Station as shown on the cover here:

201173b.jpg

I imagine the PS3 version is the same thing. A copy of SR2's CE (merely a guess!) with an early access code inside

Here's more info on the Initiation Station: http://www.saintsrow.com/blog-post/announcing-saints-row-thirds-initiation-station

Announcing Saints Row: The Third's Initiation Station!

May 05, 2011
Character customization has always been a part of the Saints Row series from the beginning. Saints Row 2 really started to evolve customization by allowing for gender selection and a finer level of adjustment. In Saints Row: The Third, customization is not only still around and kicking, but we're going to push the envelope even more with the introduction of our Initiation Station. Want to learn more about the Initiation Station and how to get early access to it? Continue reading below.

Remember a while back when I said that we had some major plans for the Saints Row community site? Well the days of copying down over 150 customization values just to share your creativity with others is no more! The Initiation Station for Saints Row: The Third will allow you to create your own custom character in-game, upload it right here to the community site, and then have other members download your character straight to their system for use in their own game!

The Initiation Station will be available for free across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC in advance of the release of Saints Row: The Third this holiday season. The key to the offer above is to pre-order Volition's other title, Red Faction: Armageddon, since only early purchasers of Red Faction: Armageddon will gain this special access. An included voucher will allow you into the Initiation Station one full week ahead of everyone else to start creating your own custom characters.

Stay tuned for more information on the Initiation Station in the future and you can view more details on how to pre-order Red Faction: Armageddon by [clicking here].

Last edited by a moderator:
Exclusive to pre-orders of Red Faction Armageddon my ass. Lol, and I was all excited too. I guess it's still worth it for people who own neither game, yes? A CE re-release for $20 though? Damn, that sounds nice. Lucky PS3 owners.

Well just to clarify, I'm merely speculating on the PS3 release. It could just be the regular edition of the game, though that would be a huge rip-off seeing as the 360 gets both games for the same price.

We'll still have to wait and see I guess

So the 360 version is the regular version + the first and the ps3 version is the SR 2 CE? And both get this wack character creator sharer thing early?

The hell, I'd rather just get the CE of the 2nd! Dam you ps3 users!

Guess I'll just get two regular old used sr2 copies off cag or somewhere today...

So I just ended up downloading saints row 2 off the marketplace. Only $20 actually pretty reasonable which is surprising since most full games on there are way over priced.

It's probably just going to include access to the original pre-order for RF: A bonus, since they probably didn't get as many pre-orders as they had hoped. I'd say they were nickel and diming us, but the bundle is certainly worth $20 anyways, imo.

19.99 seems to be msrp since I found it few other places for same price.

MSRP is a not a deal. And this is called the deals section.

[quote name='gargus']19.99 seems to be msrp since I found it few other places for same price.

MSRP is a not a deal. And this is called the deals section.[/QUOTE]

Given that SR1 and SR2 currently sell for $18-20 each new, and the current double pack can be had for $34 shipped or so. While not a deal when compared to itself, it is a deal when compared to existing pricing for the previous releases of the game. I wish I had known about this three weeks ago when I bought SR2 for $16 used.

[quote name='K_G']Given that SR1 and SR2 currently sell for $18-20 each new, and the current double pack can be had for $34 shipped or so. While not a deal when compared to itself, it is a deal when compared to existing pricing for the previous releases of the game. I wish I had known about this three weeks ago when I bought SR2 for $16 used.[/QUOTE]

don't feed the troll he does this in every "MSRP" thread

[quote name='gargus']19.99 seems to be msrp since I found it few other places for same price.

MSRP is a not a deal. And this is called the deals section.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes MSRP is a deal. This is an example of one of those times. You are a cunt.

Bought this, but since it didn't qualify for free super saving shipping I also picked up Mass Effect 2 V_V I need to stop doing this to myself.

[quote name='ragtop70']By the way, the original double pack is on clearance at Target. I picked one up not more than a month ago for $14.96.[/QUOTE]

I found it at Target as well, but for $8 and change I believe.

According to the cover art, it's just the regular double pack with an early access code to SR the Thrid's Initiation Station. Great deal for $20 as each game is worth playing. I enjoyed the environment in SR 1 more, but SR 2 definitely gives you more to do.

I doubt early access to SR3 (a game I'm probably not getting at launch) Initiation Station is worth $12, but it's not like any of my Targets'll have it. A great deal regardless, though.

[quote name='ace1233']like its been said...the original should come to the ps3 ...please? lol[/QUOTE]

Only if you give us God of War III, and Kratos in MK... AND the Joker in Arkham Asylum.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Only if you give us God of War III, and Kratos in MK... AND the Joker in Arkham Asylum.[/QUOTE]

We have....Banjo Kazooie in Sega Allstars Racing!

bread's done
Back