Saints Row: The Third $34.99 - XBOX/PS3 at Amazon

Argh... I just got done saying I was done buying games for awhile because of my backlog. Butttt, such a great price.

EDIT: Says it may take 2-4 weeks though.

Don't forget when you activate the online pass for the PS3 version you get a free download of Saint's Row 2.

I snagged one yesterday at Best Buy and had them price match the one I bought there last week.

[quote name='omyard']Don't forget when you activate the online pass for the PS3 version you get a free download of Saint's Row 2.

I snagged one yesterday at Best Buy and had them price match the one I bought there last week.[/QUOTE]

No shit? I need to get on that.

a good game but towards the end its doing the same thing over and over again. I like how its crazier but in some areas this game needs to mature up.

[quote name='showtimefolks']a good game but towards the end its doing the same thing over and over again. I like how its crazier but in some areas this game needs to mature up.[/QUOTE]

I found this game to be extremely fun and welcomed the immaturity. It's a good alternative to the more mature open world games. It could also stand to be a bit more polished because I encountered a progression stopping bug that later fix itself (the Nyte Blade mission if anyone happened to come across it as well).

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']No shit? I need to get on that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a good idea to keep any receipt from Best Buy since they will always adjust the price if the game goes on sale within the return period.

Sweet, placed an order. Don't mind waiting the 3-5 weeks, if the price drops a bit more I can chat it with Amazon and update it ;)

[quote name='Sway']I found this game to be extremely fun and welcomed the immaturity. It's a good alternative to the more mature open world games. It could also stand to be a bit more polished because I encountered a progression stopping bug that later fix itself (the Nyte Blade mission if anyone happened to come across it as well).[/QUOTE]

yeh i guess i am not calling it a bad game but for me also some of the missions could have also used more polish time. Saints row 3 if given 6 more months would have been almost a perfect playground. but its still really good

Wow didn't know that PS3 version came with Saints Row 2 for free. Changed my order lol. I doubt it'll take 3-5 weeks as well. I bet these ship within a week.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Wow didn't know that PS3 version came with Saints Row 2 for free. Changed my order lol. I doubt it'll take 3-5 weeks as well. I bet these ship within a week.[/QUOTE]

I do hope this is true because if I'm not wrong the SR2 benefit ends up on February if not wrong...

I really like this game as well, if you are on the fence, you should bite!

Are the first 2 in the series as good?

Want to grab this but too much of a backlog of really good games I got over the holidays for much cheaper. It's dropping fast, by the time I get around to it I'll bet it'll be under $20 somewhere, maybe used.

[quote name='huntt26']I really like this game as well, if you are on the fence, you should bite!

Are the first 2 in the series as good?[/QUOTE]

loved the first two. been waiting for this to drop and with my $25 gift card, i'm in for one. going for the ps3 version, might as well get SR2 also!

[quote name='ace1233']do you guys think this game will drop the price again any time soon?[/QUOTE]

Based on the speed, frequency and depth of price drops coupled with the amount I still see sitting on BB shelves, I'd say that's a definite "yes".

I'm looking forward to playing this, but I've also got enough of a backlog to hold out until it's under $20.

Is this a game where it's best to have played 1 and 2 and there's a continuing story, or is it like Grand Theft Auto and it's a different plot and different characters in each one? I'd get it, but I don't know if I should get 1 or 2 first

Their love of DLC for this game is positively cancerous and the whole game is a tremendous step back from SR2. Not innately bad though but not great as far as sandbox games go.

[quote name='thegame85']Yeah it's a good idea to keep any receipt from Best Buy since they will always adjust the price if the game goes on sale within the return period.[/QUOTE]that's their edge 45 days to pm(more with the extended holiday window). Since most $60 titles are $40 or less w/i a month I grab the ones with the highest credit offers then pm later & get the best of both worlds.

[quote name='ace1233']do you guys think this game will drop the price again any time soon?[/QUOTE]There's been tons of deals to be had so it'll be around this price more again.
$30 BB DOTD along with a pm for the 5 for $100 deal
$40 sale price along with BB b2g1 sale($27) or you could've sold 2 others for $50 ea on CL which means BB pays you to get the game.

bread's done
Back