Saints Row The Third PS3 & 360 - $34.99 @ Amazon

yes, play 2 first. 2 will keep you busy for a long time, and you wont want to play 2 after you play 3. 3 has a little less to do, however 3 has an amazing leap in graphics, framerate, and physics (in a good way, not a bad way like gta4)

You could jump right into SR 3 and not really miss much plot-wise since they quickly sum things up with quick references and stuff early on.

Seriously - take time to catch up on SR1 and SR2 and by that time, SR3 will be $20 or less everywhere. Supply and demand, folks - my BB and Target still have tons of these on hand. . .

[quote name='meta1militia']yes, play 2 first. 2 will keep you busy for a long time, and you wont want to play 2 after you play 3. 3 has a little less to do, however 3 has an amazing leap in graphics, framerate, and physics (in a good way, not a bad way like gta4)[/QUOTE]

I don't entirely agree (especially about GTA's physics!), I had no problems going back to SR2 after 3. 3 certainly has a lot of improvements and new activities, but SR2 has its own stuff that SR3 doesn't have which I enjoyed quite a bit like fight club and security detail. I also generally preferred SR2's world, and SR2 has Evil Cars and Low Gravity cheat codes that when combined make for a very fun diversion. Probably the only thing I didn't like about regressing from 3 to 2 was SR2's story: your character is such a douchebag, wheras in 3 you're a pretty likable character. In short: I don't think you need to play the games in order, and I don't really think SR2 was made obsolete by SR3. You can probably ignore SR1 entirely though, pretty mediocre IMO.

I know there'll be a GOTY and I just ordered 1&2 from Newegg to catch up.

Although THQ hasnt double dipped to my knowledge.

bread's done
Back