Saints Row The Third Spec Ops vehicles DLC

Dagger01

CAG Newbie
Hello everyone!

First off, I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have looked in the forums and figured this section fits best for the type of thread I'm going to make. Apologies if this doesn't belong here, though.

Now, just last November I got my Saints Row The Third game for PC and I REALLY love it. The only issue is that I'd love to get my hands on the Spec Ops vehicles DLC but I cannot. When last month Steam got this DLC for sale on $0.74, I was tempted. So, I tried my debit card with plenty of balance in it to buy it. But alas! I was presented with an error that it could not verify my card. I called my bank's customer service and asked them to activate my card for online transactions. The very next day, I tried again. But still nothing. I figured I was only left with the Paypal option now so I registered on Paypal. It took me 3 days to understand Paypal's modus operandi and in the end, I was finally able to verify my bank account with it. Now time for the main thing- linking your card to your account. Thats where I hit the roadblock. Now even paypal is declining my card. It said it could not verify my card. I called my bank again and they said my card was ready for online transactions and I could use E-checque for payment if I wanted to. But seems like even the e-cheques are vain if you don't have a verified card. I tried everything I could, but it was futile. I was so pissed that I abandoned the idea of buying the DLC. Upon googling, I stumbled across this website and a couple of other links which are ages old and say something about the keys of this DLC being distributed for free. Seeing no other way out, I tried some of them, but as obvious, they were already taken. The  steam sale was already off so I had lost all hope. Over the next few days, I became aware of the fact that in my country, there's a special law for banking and transactions, especially the online ones through international merchants (or more like US-based ones) like Steam and Paypal which requires them to provide with a 3DSC code before checking out. Since 3DSC codes do not exist in the USA, Paypal and Steam have no clues about them and hence the error:

--(There was meant to be a proof screenshot of Paypal and Steam denying payments here but due to CAG's spam prevention policy, they do not allow newbie users to post any links or screenshots)--

So whats the solution for it? Nothing. At least until now. There's a workaround though. We have local e-portals like EBay from where we can buy the game DVDs (not like Steam where you just buy and enter the code and download the stuff). Obviously, that isn't the case with DLCs since they don't get sold in hard retail copies (only through Steam). So it basically hinders us from getting DLCs for any games. Its not like we cannot pay at ALL. The credit cards owners can, but none of my friends or relatives have them since they're not very popular here. Believe it or not, we shop with our debit cards here. And websites like Steam do not accept 95% of the debit cards and 50% of the credit cards issued in our country. Even EBay in our country has an alternate way of doing things since we don't have paypal here.

Okay, so my current situation is- I'm banging my head against the wall for the last two months and just discovered that this DLC is on sale once again on Steam for a limited time. But there is absolutely NO WAY I can buy it. So I request people here, that if they have any unused keys (I actually saw a couple of them DLC keys being grabbed by people who didn't even have the base game and hence were worthless to them anyway) please PM me. Hell, if you can somehow buy it from the Steam and gift me and have any ideas as to how I can pay you back (since I don't believe the laws in my country allow any international transfers without a especially designed credit card; because if it were to, I won't even be writing this now), please do tell because I'm out of ideas. I don't mind paying $0.74 for a worthy DLC. But the entire issue is that I am not allowed to buy it from here. Or if you decide to share a key with me, I would appreciate it very much.

I'm a genuine guy, and hence would like to make a note in the end- I won't want any wastages of keys to happen. So, the first guy who PMs a legit key to me, post in this thread and let me confirm if its working or not in the thread. Because if its working, all the other keys who will be PM'ed to me will go waste; if they DO get PM'ed. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the title of this section says "NO BEGGING FOR FREE STUFF", but I wish you the best luck as many around there can be friendly...

Your best bet is to buy it off someone from here, with you going first, as I don't think someone will just give it to you...

Thanks, XRey360.

Your best bet is to buy it off someone from here, with you going first, as I don't think someone will just give it to you...
I mentioned it in my original post. But I am not really sure they would sell it to me for $0.74. Besides, like I pointed out, international transactions get denied here all the time. If that weren't a problem, I wouldn't even be here.

What the hell country are you in that has decided it never wants to deal internationally with financial transactions? Heck even China isn't that pedantic

What the hell country are you in that has decided it never wants to deal internationally with financial transactions? Heck even China isn't that pedantic
Well its called India. You were close, though. And yes, you're right about them nutjobs. I'm fed up of this.

Weird, not heard of that before, and I feel like I work with half of India.

Anyways, Im in a good mood today, check your PMs

This thread can be locked or left 4 dead now. AdyCarter was generous enough to buy and gift me the DLC and I cannot thank him enough for this kind act of his. Thank you, mate!

bread's done
Back