Saitek X52 Flight Control System $49.99 or less AR @ CC

gantt

CAGiversary!
Circuit City's circular this week has the Saitek X52 Flight Control System (joystick and throttle):
Price was:
$109.96
You save:
-$9.97
You pay:
$99.99
Mail-in rebate(s):
-$50.00
Price after rebate(s):$49.99

Yeah, there are 2 MIRs. If you can handle this many buttons and switches, you can probably handle a couple of envelopes and stamps.

Add a small filler (a Coke, batteries, 52" HDTV) to raise the in-store price a penny, and you can use a $15 off $100 coupon (you can find them at registers or customer service, YMMV) to bring the final price close to $35 (plus tax).

Lowest on PriceGrabber is $93.50.

I have no experience with this and it's probably overkill for casual flight sim users, but the reviews seem pretty good, and at this price it seems like a good opportunity to see if you can get in touch with your inner Maverick and Iceman.

Chocks away...

Mmmmr, conflicted. Great deal, but rebates are a hassle and the Saitek forums are filled with people having issues with the X52's reliability and compatibility with specific games. Plus I already have a Cyborg Evo stick that I rarely even use...

Anybody have any thoughts on this vs the X36? I know they don't even have Vista drivers for the X36, not that I'd need Vista for a flight sim.

bread's done
Back