Salem's Lot

snotknocker

CAGiversary!
Did anybody catch part 1 last night. I was a little disappointed but the previews for part 2 look much better. Besides the original Carrie I feel King's stuff just does not translate well into movies. What do you guys think?

I don't think any of his movies are any good. But, I think he is a hack writer anyways so if you start with crap....

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Misery was also very good as both a book and movie. And yes, he is long winded.[/quote]

I forgot about that one. You're right that was very good. Ouch my leg!

[quote name='trustcompany1013']he wasnt involved in the green mile movie though, was he?[/quote]

He wrote the original story. It was a serial novel that came out in six seperate parts. Great story.

The king movies IMO were for the most part were all pretty good. But they all really lost something in the translation to film

My thoughts, referring to the movies. If there are more than one version of the movie, I'm talking about the first because the remakes suck ass (see: the shining.. wtf, that dude from wings? retarded)

Green Mile: Great
The Shining: fucking AWESOME
Carrie: Great

[quote name='snotknocker']I must be brain dead ....the shining is one of my favorite flicks. However I never read the book[/quote]

The book is ten times better. King delves so much into Jacks gradual decline into madness. King actually hated the version that Kubrick made. After that movie, he made sure that he had final say in how his books are portrayed in film.

Those two little girl in the movie still freak me out.

[quote name='AlucardDE']No Dead Zone love?[/quote]

This is yet another one where the book far outshined the movie. It did have Christopher Walken, so it gained a few point because of that alone.

Haha, Dead Zone was a good movie.. and a good book too.. in fact I would know... *points to screen name* :p

Even though it's not scary it's still one of my favorite stories from King.

[quote name='spoo']I wouldn’t call King a hack. Long winded yes, but never a hack.[/quote]

Ya know, some people might call his "long windedness" by another name...like "character development". :wink:

what so no love for the greatest king films of all time...LANGOLIERS!!!
but seriously, long windedness is cool as long as it seems like a part of the story, and not unintelligent, unrelated, force-fed banter.

bread's done
Back