Salvage (horror) Blu-ray for $6.84 shipped

TallGuyMe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
433 (100%)
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=289649

514WIw0-IcL._SS500_.jpg

Get it at FamilyVideo for $6.84/shipped using coupon code GAMEPRO7 at checkout.

Tempting. It looks like the movie has mixed reviews though, as does the Blu-Ray itself. Even for under $7 I'm not sure it's worth the shot. Anyone care to defend it?

[quote name='Poor2More']Dammit I feel obligated to buy cheap Blu-Rays, no matter how uninteresting the movie looks :(

Ordered, Thanks OP[/quote]

It's well worth it this movie kicks ass, plus it was filmed in my home town of Marietta Ohio. You are thus commanded to purchase, I know I am. Thanks OP.

Hmmmm....$7.40 shipped to Illinois. Still, it's hard for me to pass up on cheap HD movies. Besides, I love crappy horror movies. Ordered it, thanks OP.

if you want some cheap shitty horrors, go to family video online, used movies and sort from price low to high, there's a few for under $4

Ordered three crappy cheap movies
1 x Salvage Blu-ray Disc $6.84
1 x Mortuary Blu-ray Disc $6.84
1 x Curse of King Tut's Tomb Blu-ray Disc $6.84

[quote name='flybrione']Ordered three crappy cheap movies
1 x Salvage Blu-ray Disc $6.84
1 x Mortuary Blu-ray Disc $6.84
1 x Curse of King Tut's Tomb Blu-ray Disc $6.84[/quote]

Cool, picked up Mortuary and King Tut also.

[quote name='DualDisorder']Cool, picked up Mortuary and King Tut also.[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, don't be so pleased with those just yet... :whistle2:&

This is awful.. almost as bad as the other crappy titles that are the same price..

No joke.. these movies are awful.

I did like Beer League though.. it was funny.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']

I did like Beer League though.. it was funny.[/quote]

one of my top B-budget comedies, artie lang, crude humor, and some good one-liners....sold

[quote name='GizmoGC']Mortuary sucks even more.[/quote]

The more you talk bad about it the more excited I get about how awesomely bad it is. :cool:

No thanks, for the price you guys pay for those three movies, you could get a semi-new release. Or even better, for about $3 more than just one of those movies, you could get a movie that is actually really good in The Proposition.

[quote name='DualDisorder']The more you talk bad about it the more excited I get about how awesomely bad it is. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Its not like Troll 2 bad (when its actually good)...its just BAD.

ugh, sorry if anyone bought this on my account... just got it in the mail, and watched it last night.

from my reviews at dvdspot

Salvage (Blu-ray) - 1/5

I'll admit that I was suckered in by the prospect of picking up a brand new Blu-ray high definition disc for a mere $6, but in hindsight I firmly believe my money would have served me better if I had rolled six $1 bills into a teenie-tiny tube-like structure, soaked it in lemon juice and kerosene, lit it on fire and shoved it directly into the urethral opening at the tip of my penis. 'Salvage', an awful amalgam of 'Groundhog Day', 'Clerks', and 'Jacob's Ladder', suffers from the worst of the worst in no-budget horror movie sins. No, it's not the usual stuff that no-budget flicks usually get panned for; that typically being poor production values, crappy direction/lighting/cinematography, and abysmal acting, as believe it or not, the directors (the Crook brothers) actually show a modicum of directing talent (when they actually manage to keep things IN FOCUS), and despite a pretty awful performance from the kid playing the boyfriend and the fatty playing the cop, overall the acting wasn't too shabby, especially from the lead Lauren Currie Lewis, who definitely throws an Alicia Silverstone vibe. However, what I hate most of all in no-budget horror is when someone involved in the films production tries to be the next M. Night Shyamalan, thinking that they are just soooooo damned clever with their 'twist!" filled endings. It seems everyone is so busy trying to outdo everyone else these days in regards to some jaw-dropping suspense-thriller 'twist' that they lose sight of the fact that ultimately in order for the 'twist' to work, IT NEEDS TO MAKE SENSE. At least within larger studio productions, while the film will likely still suck, I suspect that there are more lackeys lurking around the set to hopefully chime in with a 'Um, hey... guys? this ending makes absolutely no sense', where in no-budget horror, some guy wearing his writer/director/producer hat is so close to the subject matter that he just isn't aware that the ending is so disappointingly nonsensical and nobody has the heart to tell him that it blows.

Now, I'd like to consider myself a reasonably intelligent guy, but I will freely admit that I went back and re-watched the "climax" with the director's commentary on, in an attempt to get some insight as to what the hell I just watched, but alas, no answers were forthcoming. Ultimately I had to "google" the meaning of the poorly shot and confusing ending which left me feeling as unfulfilled as a woman in Clay Aiken's bed.

As for the disc itself, how this film managed to eek its way onto a Blu-ray disc is beyond me. While the back cover proudly states that the video (AND special features) are in 1080p, that just doesn't do you much good when half of the time the camera is out of focus to begin with. Gee, thanks... out-of-focus blur in full 1080p... revolutionary! Oh, but at least there is a lossless PCM audio track. Oh wait, but it's Dolby Digital 2.0 channel. This film, on Blu-ray, is akin to putting chrome spinners on an AMC Pacer. Yeah... thanks for that. Unfortunately the one part of the audio that managed to come through crystal clear is the absolutely ridiculous and annoying soundtrack. After another quick internet search, I found that the offending group responsible is named Devola apparently fronted by some screeching emo crackwhore doing the worlds worst drunken karaoke Fiona Apple impersonation. Feel free to visit them here, then feel free to visit here so that you may purchase the proper tool to effectively rupture your eardrums to make the horror stop.

1754551272.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TallGuyMe']ugh, sorry if anyone bought this on my account... just got it in the mail, and watched it last night.
1754551272.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So you liked it then? :p

bread's done
Back