Sam and Max title headed to Wii...Confirmed?

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
The text from the nintendic article:

Rumours that point-and-clicking, crime busting duo of Sam & Max would at some stage appear on the Nintendo Wii have been circulating for almost as long as the console has been in existence. Now, however, thanks to a snippet of information from a JoWood press release for Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None, it appears that definitive proof could just be around the corner.

In a German language press release for Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None, mentioning upcoming projects, the following is written:
“One of the next projects: Sam & Max. The Adventure of the year, as chosen by the readers of the German ‘PC Games’ (2/2008 issue), Sam & Max will soon be hunting criminals on the Nintendo Wii.”
Now we don’t know about you, but that looks rather promising. There’s no official announcement as yet, but we’d be over the moon if the heroic pairing of dog and rabbit appeared on Nintendo’s latest machine.

link: http://www.nintendic.com/news/1661

Any other news about this? I don't know about everyone else, but I am psyched to read this.

Sounds likely. I know Telltale was very eager about such a project happening, so I wouldn't be surprised if they finally pulled it off.

That would be fantastic. I downloaded Abe Lincoln Must Die (it's free!) and was quite impressed by the old-school feel of the game. I wonder if they're thinking of releasing the entire Season One?

[quote name='tankexmortis']That would be fantastic. I downloaded Abe Lincoln Must Die (it's free!) and was quite impressed by the old-school feel of the game. I wonder if they're thinking of releasing the entire Season One?[/QUOTE]
I would imagine any Wii release would be a full season one release. I remember in some interview they said they were interested in all the consoles and their digital delivery. Seems likely at some point we'd see these games on XBL or PSN.

Even though I already own Season 1, I'd get a copy on the Wii for pure moral support of 1) PnC adventures, and 2) Sam 'n Max.

Plus, as I am reading Bone, I can only hope they pick that back up and continue the series. It basically stops within the first 200 pages or so of the completed story, which is some 1400+ pages long. So they got a long way to go.

Now we just need Tim Shafer to give us some love.

Do it, o holy Doublefined one.

[quote name='Strell']Even though I already own Season 1, I'd get a copy on the Wii for pure moral support of 1) PnC adventures, and 2) Sam 'n Max.

Plus, as I am reading Bone, I can only hope they pick that back up and continue the series. It basically stops within the first 200 pages or so of the completed story, which is some 1400+ pages long. So they got a long way to go.

Do it, o holy Doublefined one.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm buying it out of support as well. But it'd be really lame of them to charge full price when it's a direct port and is available for $30.00 on the PC. Here's hoping for a $40.00 "budget" price since most publishers don't put much faith into adventure games.

Very excited about this. I'm fairly certain this would be all of Season 1 on a disc, as opposed to the episodes made available separately as WiiWare, if only because of the storage issue and how small WiiWare titles will have to be.

Please LucasArts, get a clue and follow suit. Perhaps you can use the easy money you make porting your classic adventure titles to get back into the game and produce some new ones.

[quote name='Strell']Even though I already own Season 1, I'd get a copy on the Wii for pure moral support of 1) PnC adventures, and 2) Sam 'n Max.

Do it, o holy Doublefined one.[/quote]

Bone is amazing.

Damn, I was excited to see the topic, until I saw the pic.

I had this game mixed up with Serious Sam. A Serious Sam game would be a blast with Wiimote aiming since there's so many crazy numbers of enemies coming at you all the time.

bread's done
Back