Sam Fisher likes to rob banks

Whoa. Discharged? Could we see a "rebel" Sam Fisher? That would RULE.

Daughter's death notice.. hmm.. killed by a drunk driver.. looks like Sam's going to go off the deep end.

I've gotta say, i'm really excited to see this turn..

There are some things on that discharge form that I do not understand. Why is the "Effective Date" listed as 4/9/68?? That makes no sense.

Also, what happens if I call that number, 1-877-SF1SHER?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Called it. That was odd...

"You will hear from us shortly," it says...[/QUOTE]

haha would be funny if it recorded your number and added you to a national spam registry or something.

And after 30 seconds.....a non-refundable $1000 charge has been added to your phone bill. Thank you for licking our asses.

Now, if only they don't cop out of it somehow, which game makers usually always do.

Would be definately awesome to see a real permanent change to the character, kind of like Jak ---> Jak 2. None of this "Sam Fisher had to turn rogue to catch a traitor but now everything is back to normal by the end of the game".

Let's make Sam Fisher an evil badass, that would make one hell of a game. Sadly, I still wouldn't buy it on launch, since it would be $30 two weeks later.

I called it from my cell phone and got a text message after I hung up. It just say's "Keep following him. You'll end up as deep as he is."
Bewaresamfisher.com
will notify on launch.

[quote name='Roufuss']Would be definately awesome to see a real permanent change to the character, kind of like Jak ---> Jak 2.[/quote]
Bad example. They took a reasonable and likable fantasy platform hero, and turned him into one of the most "forced" "badass/cool" characters ever (his green goatee and dialog is just...awful). The whole thing reeks of trying to appeal to the DragonBallZ set, or something like that.

But that's neither here nor there. Either way, I guess they'll be changing the character of Sam a bit. He has always been somewhat emotionally detached from the situation...he's just doing his job, ya know? I guess they're changing that with the new one...we'll see, I guess.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I called it from my cell phone and got a text message after I hung up. It just say's "Keep following him. You'll end up as deep as he is."
Bewaresamfisher.com
will notify on launch.[/QUOTE]

I got the same message.

ooooo.... didn't see that coming in the story line.

and i'm pretty sure it's next gen and this gen.

This has got to be one of the most kick ass game promo campaigns ever... I called the damned number myself. Still no TXT message though

Yup this game is set for next-gen and current gen. It looks interesting but I hope they don't mess with the SC fourmula too much.

So this is really Sam Fisher's clone right? Solid Sam?

I personally would like them to delay it and just make it for the next-gen.
The sales of Chaos Theory for all systems was not as good as Ubisoft wanted. Why would they release another one on the Ps2 and Gamecube when Choas Theory didn't even get enough attention?

Hasn't he already been robbing all of our bank accounts? Not that I am complaining or anything.....I'd go for some more splinter cell goodness...... Especially if he gets to be evil this time!

Whoa. I got a different message when I called!

"Do we really need a new guy?"
"Yeah."
"If Fisher's as good as they say he is.."
"and if he's not?"
"We'll kill him."

Then a message came up saying "Would you like to continue monitoring this line via SMS?".. I hung up

//edit: Called again and got a new message about some guy in a cell.. holy crap this is awesome

[quote name='Requiem']So this is really Sam Fisher's clone right? Solid Sam?

I personally would like them to delay it and just make it for the next-gen.
The sales of Chaos Theory for all systems was not as good as Ubisoft wanted. Why would they release another one on the Ps2 and Gamecube when Choas Theory didn't even get enough attention?[/QUOTE]

they already are making a new Splinter Cell for Xbox 360, probably going to do something similar to Tomb Raider where it is a game across all platforms.

I wish I could find Chaos Theory for cheap. My Target had it for 15 and then it disappeared. Still need to finish that and Pandora Tomorrow

According to his fact sheet, Sam Fisher has had no serious relationship for 16 years since his wife died. That must make a man go crazy!

[quote name='Requiem']According to his fact sheet, Sam Fisher has had no serious relationship for 16 years since his wife died. That must make a man go crazy![/QUOTE]

That, and his daughter's death.

Someone pitched the theory that all of his work was a sham and he was just getting in good with someone, like on 24.. that would be so :cool:

According to the teaser pics posted, I'm guessing Sam intentionally committed those crimes to get into jail. I think he's aiming for someone who's already behind bars so the fastest way in is to commit a crime. I think they're gonna go the Prison Break route with this.

[quote name='jaykrue']According to the teaser pics posted, I'm guessing Sam intentionally committed those crimes to get into jail. I think he's aiming for someone who's already behind bars so the fastest way in is to commit a crime. I think they're gonna go the Prison Break route with this.[/QUOTE]

See, there's the cop out I hoped they wouldn't use.

I hope they go the extra mile, really turn Sam Fisher into a bad guy, and run with it. Video game plots need more twists like that.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']wow talk about underappreciated. Fisher was only an E-5?[/QUOTE]

He's black ops. That's just a cover. He's probably based out of the motor pool, like G.I. Joe.:D

Definitely a cool marketing campaign.

[quote name='Roufuss']See, there's the cop out I hoped they wouldn't use.

I hope they go the extra mile, really turn Sam Fisher into a bad guy, and run with it. Video game plots need more twists like that.[/QUOTE]

I think if they can do it like Prison Break, then Sam can still be a 'good' guy. There hasn't been mention of his daughter's body either other than her body was being shipped to his home. There's no mention of the timeline of his crimes (whether it's happening as his daughter may have died or after) so the motivation isn't known. Sam IS black ops so it wouldn't be impossible to think that some rogue organization might be out to get back at his organization for ruining their plans. His daughter's death may be be a ruse to get him out of hiding.

They were really starting to flesh out the Sam Fisher character in Chaos Theory.

I like that Ubi Soft is breathing new life into the series in this fashion. Very excited.

I also love tales of broken men. ;)

I thought sam fisher wasnt gonna be the main character in teh next one?

Ill be buying this one.... 2 weeks after it coems out and get it at 30.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I called it from my cell phone and got a text message after I hung up. It just say's "Keep following him. You'll end up as deep as he is."
Bewaresamfisher.com
will notify on launch.[/QUOTE]

I called, and all I got was this girl saying "7 days"

So that flyer lists 1-877-734-7437.. the website lists 731 in the place of 734.. anyone wanna try 732 and 733?

Calling the number at the bottom actually gets you a live person to speak with. It's pretty interesting if you can get through. Some questions give better results that others.

No elaboration? Hell.. maybe you're calling the real FBI? haha

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']wow talk about underappreciated. Fisher was only an E-5?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious why he's an E at all if he had an education in political science. Also, an E-5 in the navy is most certainly not a sergeant.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']I'm curious why he's an E at all if he had an education in political science. Also, an E-5 in the navy is most certainly not a sergeant.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter since it's all a cover.

[quote name='Scorch']Then a message came up saying "Would you like to continue monitoring this line via SMS?".. I hung up[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to say "Yes". Then you'll hear the guy say, "You'll hear from us again", or however it was worded.

I speculate that they'll log your telephone number and call you back.

Pretty cool marketing campaign.

[quote name='Brak']You're supposed to say "Yes". Then you'll hear the guy say, "You'll hear from us again", or however it was worded..[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah, I did that two days ago. It even says to say yes after the silence.

Ah. Just saying.

Afterall, you said you hung up. I forgot that I was psychic.

[quote name='irc_email']FYI, it's "piqued" not "peaked" ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe something a little farther south than his "interest" was "peaked". ;) :lol:

bread's done
Back