Sam Goody closing stores: Final Day (4/2)

I was just at the store in Brookfield Square here in WI, looks like they're closing too. Everything was at 60-80% off. Games were all 70%. I managed to pick up Prince of Persia 3 for Xbox, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction also for Xbox and the Evil Dead 2: Book of the Dead edition DVD for about $15 each. Also saw lots of copies of Killer 7(both PS2 and GC), Battlefield 2 for PS2, From Russia with Love(Ps2 and Xbox), and Megaman Zero 3. CDs were pretty well cleaned out of anything worthwhile, as were DVDs.

Sam Goody at Mill Creek Mall in New Jersey had an XBOX Live Starter Kit w/ Mechassault and 12 free months for $27.99 after like 70% off. The sales were 50%-70% off.

Sam Goody at Garden State Mall (smaller store in mall), my friend snatched the last XBOX Live Kit for $16 (3 month version). The store was at 40-60% off.

Whoohoo!

I bought a few items here and there when my store was closing on the 2nd. Bought an eReader for like $4 and about 7 packs of cards (rang up free - 7 packs each at 0.00), one of those third party Game Changers (plugs into your GBA SP and holds three games so you can choose which game to play with a switch) for $3, a couple of posters for a little over a buck each, a couple of Christmas CDs I've wanted for a while (Brian Wilson and Jessica Simpson) at around $4 each, and a sheet music book of Britney Spears' In The Zone album.

The video games were rather bottom of the barrel, though I almost picked up a Donkey Konga / Bongos set for $17.99...I didn't because a buddy of mine has my Cube, but I wish I would've bought that anyway. I saw a stack of N-Gage games and figured they'd be mega cheap, but they STILL had like $29.99 and $39.99 price tags on them (so even with the discount, we're still talking about overpaying). No thanks. They did have one XBox Live Starter Kit that would've been cheap but I didn't pick it up.

Sam Goody still open at Irving Mall, TX - not much left, PC software is 70% off though, they did have 'Quake 4 DVD Edition' left it's $59.99 but with 70% it'll be $18 and tax.. still 1 copy left.

toadie

It looks like I may be one of the lucky few - I made out like an absolute bandit yesterday. Except for Sly 3 every game was sealed, brand new. Sly 3 was a display copy but in perfect mint condition. Take a look at the haul:

Sly 3 - $15.99
Devil Kings - $11.99
Moto GP 3 (Xbox) - $11.99
Mercenaries - $11.99
Champions Return to Arms - $11.99
Darkwatch (Xbox) - $11.99
Stubbs the Zombie - $15.99
Destroy All Humans - $7.99
Gameboy Micro system - $39.99 (this is for sale/trade if anyone needs it)
R.A.D. - $2.99!!!
Jak X - $15.99
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms VII - $5.95
Flipnic - $7.99
Monster Hunter - $11.99
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (Xbox) - $15.99

Whew! And they still have TONS of stuff left that I passed on because at 60% off of $50 they weren't deals (Warriors, Ultimate Spiderman, Battlefield 2, etc.). But when they go to 80% I'm going back!

The Sam Goody in Laguna Hills mall in CA just started their countdown to closing. They're now at 25% off, having started at 20% last week. They were not on the original store closing list and I was surprised to see the signs today.

Plenty of stock, and stuff I wouldn't mind having, but 25% still leaves laughably inflated prices. I'm afraid that by the time it's reasonable, there won't be anything decent left.

Some videogames, including PSP games.

[quote name='Dhuk']Has Suncoast ever carried video games?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about all Suncoast's.. but the one by me does, although the selection of games is downright pathetic though.

toadie

For those with stores still open, PC games are 70% off. I hit a rural Sam Goody around here this weekend again, and snagged Fear Director's Cut on the extreme cheap. Also picked up Lock On Modern Air Combat. The Donkey Kong bongos are great too after the discount. I also snagged Brian Wilson's Smile and the Beastie Boys Anthology, as well as a bunch of metal 24 disc cd cases for .75 a piece (now I can easily seperate Led Zep, Allman Brothers, Floyd, Beatles, etc. cd's into seperate cases for easy snagging).

bread's done
Back