SAMGOODY.COM Deals... PSP Games and Doom 3 CE XBOX Preorder & More - HOT!

shadowknight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
WOW! PSP Games

$35.99
Twisted Metal: Head On
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails
Ape Escape: On the Loose
Ren-Goku: The Tower of Purgatory
Death Jr.
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade!!

$44.99
Free Running
MVP Baseball
Smartbomb

BTW... Metal Gear Solid: Acid is only $39.99 - other places list it @ $49.99

NOW the best part... Visa Card owners click on this Sam Goody Link to get $10 off $50!!

Oh, and SAMGOODY.COM has FREE SHIPPING and no tax in some states (no tax here in Ohio)

So... I ordered Lumines and Untold Legends for $75.98 - $10=$65.98 with FREE Shipping and NO TAX (not all states?)

and for you XBOX gamers...

DOOM 3 CE for $53.99 - $10 = $43.99 + FREE Shipping and NO TAX (not all states?) I ordered this as well - time to cancel my gamestop.com order... not worth $16 for a figurine and poster.

:cool:

EDIT: Oops! For $10 off $50 enter discount code 1050 at checkout!

[quote name='Apossum']Waitaminute...it says my Doom 3 LE has been shipped...sketchy[/quote]

On the site it does, but not the e-mail it sends you. I called them the day I ordered just to make sure everything was cool.

Yeah it says that my order has shipped as well. Does anyone know what this means, because I pre-ordered Death Jr. and Doom 3:CE and both say they have been shipped...

Hmmm...says both of my orders have shipped (Rengoku, Untold Legends) & (Ape Escape, Lumines). However, Rengoku isn't suppose to come out for like 3 more weeks...I can really see alot of us having problems with Sam Goody VERY soon....

[quote name='gizmogc']Hmmm...says both of my orders have shipped (Rengoku, Untold Legends) & (Ape Escape, Lumines). However, Rengoku isn't suppose to come out for like 3 more weeks...I can really see alot of us having problems with Sam Goody VERY soon....[/quote]

You silly bastards. Don't CAGers ever learn? #-o

This is the EXACT same thing that happened with FF: CC a year ago. And I'm pretty sure this is why CheapyD doesn't list SamGoody stuff on the front page.

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='gizmogc']Hmmm...says both of my orders have shipped (Rengoku, Untold Legends) & (Ape Escape, Lumines). However, Rengoku isn't suppose to come out for like 3 more weeks...I can really see alot of us having problems with Sam Goody VERY soon....[/quote]

You silly bastards. Don't CAGers ever learn? #-o

This is the EXACT same thing that happened with FF: CC a year ago. And I'm pretty sure this is why CheapyD doesn't list SamGoody stuff on the front page.[/quote]

Well, did people get charged? I don't recall much from the FF:CC thread.

I don't remember either. I do remember that the item hadn't been released yet although it said that our orders had shipped. Then it went on backorder. Then they had us locked into this order for something like 2 months, then cancelled our orders. About 2 days after all our orders were cancelled, the item was back in stock, but at the full price. Meanwhile, we missed out on other deals for the game during that time period.

Since then, many of us learned how shady SamGoody was. They should've just cancelled our orders right away and fessed up that they made a mistake. But they acted unprofessional about it. Beware.

If anyone else needs more proof.. look at the games.. they say Area 51, Iron Phoenix, Wrestlemania 21, Rainbow Six: Lockdown, and The Shield are all out.. none of those have even went gold yet..

i'll probably cancel one of my orders which is Metal Gear Acid + Lumines, since they weren't onsale at all and I get the same price by using GGC at BB anywayz... my lost is the tax portion, but I believe I can get the games at BB on launch day

The site says shipped, but it should send you an e-mail saying that it hasn't. I called them the day I ordered to verify that everything was right and they told me it was, so we'll see.

I called them to ask about DS Yoshi and they have no clue when its coming. I don't even think they shipped any of the games that came out this week. How can they take preorders like this and then never ship the games?

[quote name='tubtub']I called them to ask about DS Yoshi and they have no clue when its coming. I don't even think they shipped any of the games that came out this week. How can they take preorders like this and then never ship the games?[/quote]

oh wow.. isn't that game out on the 14th?

I just got SFAC in from them. They never sent a shipping conformation and it said shipped on the site right after I place the order. If you use the link in the e-mail they send to confirm your order, it will take you to their site and it should send you another e-mail showing that you inquired about your order. In the second e-mail there will be a USPS tracking number if it has truely shipped. You can go to USPS.com to see when it was shipped.

I inquired about both my orders yesterday, and got an e-mail from SanGoody that says....

" Your order did not ship due to BACKORDER ITEMS/S WILL SHIP UPON RECEIPT."

[quote name='gizmogc']I inquired about both my orders yesterday, and got an e-mail from SanGoody that says....

" Your order did not ship due to BACKORDER ITEMS/S WILL SHIP UPON RECEIPT."[/quote]

That means that they have not shipped yet. Even though it just came out, they list as backordered until they get their shipment in. I have Doom 3 preordered and it is not out until April but it showes as backordered. I haven't preordered games from them before, but I would bet that they do not get their shipments in as fast as EB or Gamespot.

I will not cancel my orders. If I get them good. If not, then no sweat off my back. I'm not dying to have Doom 3 anyways. I just picked it up because of the deal.

I'm thinking of canceling my PSP pre-orders. I went into EB yesterday and saw many PSP games there, on sale right now. I don't want to be waiting for who knows how long after I have my PSP to get the games.

Edit: I canceled the order, I just going to pay the extra $5 per game, and have the peace of mind. Plus, I have $75 Gamerush credit I need to spend.

I ordered Yoshi Touch 'n' Go and Pac Pix and it says on the site they shipped. Never got an email confirming this. And Pac Pix isn't even out yet. Their order status page isn't very detailed. It just says your order has been shipped but doesn't show what was in your order or what from your order actually shipped. Crappy. :?

how did the FF:CC orders go down? Did they say "Shipping" until the release, then change it to "Backorder" when the game came out?

Someone please answer, so we don't all get screwed on this one.

With FF:CC as soon as it was released it went right to backorder status. Then some people who ordered it at full price got theirs shipped to them while those who got it for $15 were all backordered. They kept sending out e-mails saying it would ship soon and to just hold on. About a month later they said it would no longer ship to anyone who ordered it and they cancelled all the orders while giving away a $5 off coupon. Then it mysteriously appeared back in stock on the website a few days later at $49.99. I kept trying to e-mail them about it, but the e-mail kept bouncing and the phone customer service was horrible.

It's funny, I was surprised that I hadn't gotten a backorder email when I posted. Of course, I just got one now. I'm going to wait on it though, not planning to cancel just yet. Maybe they won't be on "backorder" for too long.

alright...hope they don't pull the same crap on us with Doom 3 and the Visa discount.

I just cancelled 2 of my 3 orders I kept the one for Death Jr. and Rengoku. I have some stuff to trade in at EB and will use their deal to get the 5 psp games that were in the 2 orders I cancelled.

Apparently my Musashi: Samurai Legend is in, but in order to get my order to $50 to use the 1050 code I got Finding Neverland. Now it says Finding Neverland is not in stock (as it should be) and will be available 3/22/2005.

However, my Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Bongos is still backordered.

Chris

Did anyone get their copy of Jungle Beat shipped yet? Seems kind of suspicious that they haven't shipped mine yet...

[quote name='soulreaver156']My order of Lumines and Ape Escape says shipped on their site and I have not recieved any other emails from Sam Goody.[/quote]

The site will say shipped as soon as the order is placed. To find out if it has truely shipped, click the check order status button in the first e-mail they send. A second e-mail will then come to you but sometimes not right away. When it arrives, it will say which items have shipped with a trackin # and which items are backordered.

You will not get any other e-mails from them unless you check you order with the 1st e-mail.

Did anybody get their copy of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? I don't understand why it would be backordered or why they wouldn't sell them at their displayed price since it was only five dollars below retail if they're pulling another FF:CC. And what will happen if they do cancel those Donkey Kong orders, will I still get that ten dollars off my order?

[quote name='StealthNinjaScyther']Did anybody get their copy of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? I don't understand why it would be backordered or why they wouldn't sell them at their displayed price since it was only five dollars below retail if they're pulling another FF:CC. And what will happen if they do cancel those Donkey Kong orders, will I still get that ten dollars off my order?[/quote]

No one will get their order as long as they don't have stock. When they have stock, and have not cancelled your order, then you can hopefully look forward to receiving your DK:JB.

Just sit back and relax. You'll either get your order or you won't and you won't be charged until it ships. Everyone just needs to relax. These prices are not too hard to believe so I don't see why they would cancel any orders.

One more thing, it is the weekend! You order won't ship on the weekend. Especially if you chose free shipping.

I am not surprised the games released last week like DK:JB are not listed as in stock. My Wal-Mart sometimes won't receive stock of a game they advertise as having for sale on the launch day for over a week! So, I would not be suprised if it is simlilar for Sam Goody.

Chris

How did you guys cancel your orders? I first tried calling the 1-800 number but everytime it transfers me to a representative, it automatically disconnects me. Then I tried e-mailing them, but the e-mail comes back as mailbox full.

They said they were supposed to have Untold Legends in stock today and Twisted Metal is supposed to get there tomorrow. As Long as they ship it by the 24th it'll be fine.

[quote name='Zoglog']They said they were supposed to have Untold Legends in stock today and Twisted Metal is supposed to get there tomorrow. As Long as they ship it by the 24th it'll be fine.[/quote]

Thanks for the update, I didnt want to cancel my order because I'm getting TM:HO really cheap compared to other places but I guess I'll have to wait.

My order status said: "SHIPPED" about week from now but still didn't see anything yet. I may give them a call later this week and find out !!

:)

Well, looks like I am going to have to cancel my order too. They are simply not going to get in most of the games on their site. SamGoody is officially the new Buy.com. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

It puts shipped right when you order it since it's backordered, thier system is just whack like that.

All I got from e-mails were the hashed answeres. But the person who answered when I called said they were expecting certain games at specific times.

I wish I heard about the EB trade in deal before this or else I would have gotten twisted metal at EB. from what I hear it's too late though. Oh well. No rush, as long asI get it by march 31st i'm good. I've go wipeout lumines and ridgeracer to keep me company hehe

Thanks, doomgaze. Finally an e-mail went through and the order is cancelled. I asked when they would get the games in since they were released last week and they basically had no clue. What's funny is that before the order status showed them as shipped, but now it shows it as being processed, but I got the cancellation e-mail, so it's good. Samgoody really needs to fix their shipping/order status page. What's funny is I bet those who pay the regular price for the games and don't use the VISA coupon will get their games on time.

bread's done
Back