SAMS CLUB ELITE PRE-ORDER $528+S/H not cheapass but......

[quote name='Nugzy']Why are they charging $528 for it?!?[/quote]
didn't check, but it may include shipping and tax

edit: doesn't include tax or shipping

unless it comes with an xtra controller that they forgot to mention...LOL @ Sam's Club

This one looks like either:

1. Sams Club is Incompetent and isn't listing everything.

OR

2. They are trying to pull a fast one and charge a premium on it.

Either way, since they DO NOT currently have it listed as anything else, I think that it is very risky to buy this and personally I wouldn't, as I may be paying an extra $50 for nothing.

BUT...It would fit the price if they throw in another controller

ALSO...Sometimes with pre-orders they 'change' the price when it is shipped, to the correct one if the price changes between when you order and when it ships.

PS-> One last remark, as a Sams Club Member for several years I've never heard of anything excactly like this, but sometimes their prices are not that great.

My sam's club was charging straight up $45 over MSRP for the PS3 when it first came out with NOTHING added, so don't assume you are getting anything extra if you order this, because there is a VERY real chance you won't. Just a warning. Besides what the hell is the buzz over the elite anyway? It's overpriced, doesn't add anything excect HDMI 1.2 (which will be worthless in a year or two) and an EXTREMELY overpriced hard drive. Even being black isn't a boon because next to the PS3, the matte black makes it look like cheap crap. Hell, the best thing about it is the black controller (I REALLY hate the white ones).

[quote name='mietha']It's overpriced, doesn't add anything excect HDMI 1.2 (which will be worthless in a year or two) and an EXTREMELY overpriced hard drive. Even being black isn't a boon because next to the PS3, the matte black makes it look like cheap crap. Hell, the best thing about it is the black controller (I REALLY hate the white ones).[/QUOTE]
Calm down it is another SKU and as far as I know MS isn't planning on discontinuing any of their other SKU to make room for the Elite. Many asked for HDMI and MS is giving them the option with a price tag. Many asked for a larger HDD and MS is again giving consumers the option even with the price tag. Some asked for a black console.

How will HDMI 1.2 be pointless in a year or two? All 1.3 adds is Deep Color (I don't even know of anything that supports Deep Color yet), Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD (for BluRay and HDDVD MOVIES) and can use some new mini connector. How would this gimp the 360?

Sure I don't like the price tag so I will pass on the Elite but I am a cheapass...

EDIT: I'm sure if MS didn't use a property HDD then we wouldn't have the video market place. I don't like the price but no corporation is going to give you Newegg.com prices on HDD. Just walk into a Best Buy or CompUSA and look at the prices they are asking for 2.5 HDD.

[quote name='mietha']My sam's club was charging straight up $45 over MSRP for the PS3 when it first came out with NOTHING added, so don't assume you are getting anything extra if you order this, because there is a VERY real chance you won't. Just a warning. Besides what the hell is the buzz over the elite anyway? It's overpriced, doesn't add anything excect HDMI 1.2 (which will be worthless in a year or two) and an EXTREMELY overpriced hard drive. Even being black isn't a boon because next to the PS3, the matte black makes it look like cheap crap. Hell, the best thing about it is the black controller (I REALLY hate the white ones).[/QUOTE]

Yea they were charging 45 over but it did include an extra controller. There new bundle is 45 over also but you get motorstorm.

Looking at the photo, it includes a Black Play and Charge Kit as well as an extra Black wireless controller. Seems about standard for Sam's Club. Seriously, though, if you're not in the market for a 360 w/HDMI (the only way some of us can get 1080p is through HDMI and not component) then this isn't for you. No need to come into a thread and start complaining.

[quote name='rokkon']Looking at the photo, it includes a Black Play and Charge Kit as well as an extra Black wireless controller. Seems about standard for Sam's Club. Seriously, though, if you're not in the market for a 360 w/HDMI (the only way some of us can get 1080p is through HDMI and not component) then this isn't for you. No need to come into a thread and start complaining.[/quote]

Looks like they updated the photo. The old picture didnt show those. I might actually order this now.

yeah they updated the picture...it will be a sweet deal at the store ...that is where i bought my launch xbox 360 since everybody was lined up at BB and CC ..

I hope my local Sam's clubs get them in tomorrow. Unfortunately, early reports are that the elites don't use the quieter Benq drive. Bleh. I've waited long enough for a 360, it's time to complete the trilogy of current gen consoles (since i never had an xbox either)

[quote name='spoo']
EDIT: I'm sure if MS didn't use a property HDD then we wouldn't have the video market place. I don't like the price but no corporation is going to give you Newegg.com prices on HDD. Just walk into a Best Buy or CompUSA and look at the prices they are asking for 2.5 HDD.[/quote]

1) its proprietary, not property :D

2) that hdd argument is weak. "No corporation" is going to give you "Newegg" prices, except, *cough* Newegg *cough*

3) I hope you really don't think that the video market place is due to the proprietary hdd. Ever heard of PS Home?

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker'] 1) its proprietary, not property :D[/QUOTE]Oh noes a spelling mistake! It is like a grammar mistake. ;)

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker'] 2) that hdd argument is weak. "No corporation" is going to give you "Newegg" prices, except, *cough* Newegg *cough*[/QUOTE]Psst MS is: A) Not a retailer. B) Nor a HDD manufacturer. C) Accessories for home consoles have always been overpriced. The retail price for Memory Card (8MB) (for PS2) is $25, but you can find a 2 GB SD card for around $20.

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker'] 3) I hope you really don't think that the video market place is due to the proprietary hdd. Ever heard of PS Home?[/QUOTE] A) Sony has 20x more pull in Hollywood then MS does. Sony can start out by just testing the waters by just using their own movies at first. B) We are talking about the same Sony that gave us rootkit on CDs. No video market place has been announced yet by Sony, hinted at but not announced. We will have to wait and see unless you have some inside info that you would like to share with us. I will believe it when I see it. C) All the Xbox1 modders killed the non proprietary HDD hopes of the 360. MS lost a dollar or two on that mistake.

With that said, the 120 GB Xbox 360 HDD is expensive.

bread's done
Back