Samsung 37" vs Philips 42"?

BlueLobstah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I have been watching over TV prices over the past couple of weeks, but have actively been looking for a good deal on the Samsung 37" LN37A450. Samsung TVs have impressed me - by far being the best looking tv for their price.

Unfortunately, Target has thrown a kink into my search as I noticed today they had a 42" Philips 1080p LCD this week for only $750, far below the price I've seen for any of the particular Samsung model I have been looking out. I have a 32" SD Samsung TV in my room that has treated me great, but was wondering if any CAGs might have this particular model, or another model in the 3000 series who could weigh in on this tv?

I don't know about the TVs themselves, but I've had had experiences with Philips electronics.

On the other had, I have a 32" Sharp LCD and I wouldn't mind a bigger one so I can see why you'd wanted the 42" model over the 37". But if I were you, I'd wait just a bit longer... the economy is going to get worse and with prices should keep falling.

Yeah, I noticed CC's price. A pricematch of 110% of the difference is nearly $50 off the sale price, so it's really tempting to pick this tv up.

Newegg has the 42" Philips on sale for $899 shipped - Target is still $150 less than anywhere else for B&M.

bread's done
Back