Samurai Shodown V and King of Fighters '94 Rebout: $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacrana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Both EBGames.com and Gamestop.com have the games up for preorder at the low, low price of $30. Amazon.com lists the retail price as $40 and since they're right a lot of the time, it might be wise to jump on this deal just in case ($30 seems a bit strange since no other Neo Geo port has been lower than $40.)

Gamestop (use FREESHIPALL for... free shipping):

Samurai Shodown V

B000809OOU.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

King of Fighters '94 Rebout

210861bm.jpg

EBGames

Samurai Shodown V

B000809OOU.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

King of Fighters '94 Rebout

210861bm.jpg

Anyway, if you're into Neo Geo games (and you should be), these are definitely good games.

edit: updated with KOF94 at EBGames. Thanks to Shipwreck.

Samurai Showdown with online play...I'm in. Glad to see it on Xbox where there are actually online fighting games. I don't even have my PS2 hooked up to my wireless router...why bother, I don't have any games to play on it. I'd probably be in for $50 MSRP.

I like Tekken and Soul Calibur, but 2D fighters are good too. And Namco doesn't have any online play. My buddy to play fighting games with doesn't live here anymore, and I can pick up any random fighting game I've never played and beat within a couple of hours. CPU fighters = dumb.

Until Namco gets on the ball with online play I'm all about the 2d online fighters. :D Who needs pretty 3D graphics, pretty 2D graphics are good too. :D

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']and this is why they (and plenty of other companies) continue to put out the same rehashed product year in and year out. because they know that you people will buy anything they throw at you. even if it's a flaming pile of shit.

i don't see how they're screwing themselves over if you're the one that isn't getting anything out of it. and just so you know, Hideo Kojima said somewhere (probably EGM) that he wasn't planning on touching the Snatcher/Policenaut games in terms of localizing it. so we all lose, again. if you're so desperate to play these games, import them.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to TOS NOT "Policenauts". To my knowledge sales in the of Tales were pretty good.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']and this is why they (and plenty of other companies) continue to put out the same rehashed product year in and year out. because they know that you people will buy anything they throw at you. even if it's a flaming pile of shit.[/QUOTE]

Well, calling it shit is a matter of opinion (and frankly I don't care for your opinion.) I've enjoyed many of thier most recent titles (except SVC Chaos.) Don't asume everyone thinks poory of SNK fighters just cause the graphics are still low res. They still make titles for the 2D fighting niche' for a reason.

my problem with the low res sprites is they have the power of the atomiswave and waste it. We all know it can crank out some bad ass looking games as shown by Guilty Gear, but yet they continue to toil away with the old sprites

I agree that SNK can't mess around with low res for too much longer, and I think this next genertion will force them to update. In a recent interview they did mention that steps are being made in that direction.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Well, calling it shit is a matter of opinion (and frankly I don't care for your opinion.) I've enjoyed many of thier most recent titles (except SVC Chaos.) Don't asume everyone thinks poory of SNK fighters just cause the graphics are still low res. They still make titles for the 2D fighting niche' for a reason.[/QUOTE]
why should you care for an opinon that's different from yours? especially one that's right? really now, if you didn't care you wouldn't have responded and left it at that. and i don't know where you got the graphics bit from any of my posts. i meant as a whole because the KOF series is stale. the graphics are definitely a big part of it, though.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']why should you care for an opinon that's different from yours? especially one that's right? really now, if you didn't care you wouldn't have responded and left it at that. and i don't know where you got the graphics bit from any of my posts. i meant as a whole because the KOF series is stale. the graphics are definitely a big part of it, though.[/QUOTE]
between KOF2003 and KOFXI theyve changed alot of things up. None of the teams are the same anymore, the tag system, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back