San Andreas Xbox/PC $35 at Outpost (FREE SHIPPING)

So are they going to Edit the game or just slap a different rating on it ? I think if anything this is just bringing in heavier interest & profit, the game was out for nearly a year before "they" even noticed:roll:...no sense in clamoring over a copy now if its just going to have the AO rating added with the same game under the hood...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']So are they going to Edit the game or just slap a different rating on it ? I think if anything this is just bringing in heavier interest & profit, the game was out for nearly a year before "they" even noticed:roll:...no sense in clamoring over a copy now if its just going to have the AO rating added with the same game under the hood...[/QUOTE]

No d00d it will be rare and hard to find!

actually if they are smart, and they are.....they will use the publicity to their advantage. Do a public apology...pull all copies....resell it with newer addon content.....(minus the sex).....and get some people to rebuy it.........
I want a copy now, but wonder if I should just wait, it will be back as a GH pretty soon, I bet.

[quote name='Sarang01']It's NOT available. Look closer.[/QUOTE]

Good point. So where can we buy it at a decent price? Amazon and Ebay are $50+. $35 w/free ship is looking pretty good right now, but OOS.

I called and Outpost has no idea when they will get any new stock in. Nor did they know anything about "classic M" game vs "new M" vs AO and what they would be shipping when they were back in stock...

The link worked for me. I just ordered it about an hour ago or so. I had been waiting for it to drop in price and almost jumped on the $39.99 deal a few weeks ago and decided I better get it now just in case and it was a great deal coming out to $37.09 after tax and free shippin.

it was available earlier. they just changed that recently. but your order will say baclordered. I ordered at 10:34 this morniing and it was fine and ready to ship. Now it says backorder.

yeah, this would be a great deal if they were going to have the game anytime soon, but they aren't getting any more copies in. this is a preorder for the new, edited, (but for some reason rated Adults Only) version that is going to be released probably in a few months. look to ebay for your $100 copies right now...: (

[quote name='mkelehan']Anyone who thinks this will be rare is an idiot. There are millions of copies out there.[/QUOTE]
A good chunk of which have already been sent back to the publisher to be replaced.

[quote name='Edge']A good chunk of which have already been sent back to the publisher to be replaced.[/QUOTE]

But not before millions of copies have already been sold across three formats.

Was this game really selling as much as they wanted you to think? I don't think it was, but either way this will just promote it more.

[quote name='PaulEMoz']But not before millions of copies have already been sold across three formats.[/QUOTE]
Mostly on PS2, which isn't where most of the demand is right now (just look at that Ebay link). The Xbox and PC versions have only been out a few months, so it will be much, much less common to see unedited versions of those than it would be the PS2 version.

I ordered one, thanks. I wanted to get it back when Compusa had it for $29.99 but unfortunately I couldn't make it to a store during the sale.

Hopefully, outpost gets it back in stock soon.

Hmmm... but does the xbox version have "hot coffee"? :whistle2:k I mean there is an action replay for xbox too, I guess it's just a matter of time.

WOW :shock: Just browsed through a couple of GTA:SA ebay auctions and I must say, some people are just too dumb for their own good. They're fucking themselves out of a lot of money just for a game that isn't really going to be rare nor discontinued. :rofl: :dunce:

I know, one of the copies went as high as $112.50.

They are better off just giving me the $100 because clearly they are too stupid to handle that kind of money.

I just want the game as is. Not the AO rated one or one that may or not be edited. I really don't care about that "hot coffee" mod I just want to have the game as it was released first. I definitely will not pay full price for this game so I most certainly will not pay ebay prices ever.

[quote name='Santurio']I definitely will not pay full price for this game so I most certainly will not pay ebay prices ever.[/QUOTE]
I beg to differ. I have bought more than half my games from ebay. The trick is, for games that go under the radar, you can't beat ebay prices. Even for games that are hot, ebay usually has them for pretty good prices. Obviously ebay will never beat the beautiful $4.99 games from EB but if you can find a good game that you want and a good seller (that doesn't charge $50 for shipping), you can't beat some of the values found on ebay. Like for instance, I bought Mechassault 2:LE just a week or two ago from EB cuz it was $20, and I go to look on ebay and what happens? I won an auction for a brand new sealed Mechassault 2:LE for $17 shipped ($14 for the game and $3 first class USPS)! I just received it today so I'm gonna go to my local EB and return the M2:LE I bought through the website. It's not a loss since I got other good deals with the EB order and used CAG15 and SAVER so I'm still going to save a good $4 (which can be put to future EB $5 deals!) because I looked on ebay to compare the price for M2:LE. :D I'm happy.

[quote name='jjz203']I beg to differ. I have bought more than half my games from ebay. The trick is, for games that go under the radar, you can't beat ebay prices. Even for games that are hot, ebay usually has them for pretty good prices. Obviously ebay will never beat the beautiful $4.99 games from EB but if you can find a good game that you want and a good seller (that doesn't charge $50 for shipping), you can't beat some of the values found on ebay. Like for instance, I bought Mechassault 2:LE just a week or two ago from EB cuz it was $20, and I go to look on ebay and what happens? I won an auction for a brand new sealed Mechassault 2:LE for $17 shipped ($14 for the game and $3 first class USPS)! I just received it today so I'm gonna go to my local EB and return the M2:LE I bought through the website. It's not a loss since I got other good deals with the EB order and used CAG15 and SAVER so I'm still going to save a good $4 (which can be put to future EB $5 deals!) because I looked on ebay to compare the price for M2:LE. :D I'm happy.[/QUOTE]
Actually I meant Ebay prices for this game at the going rate now, not ebay prices in general.

[quote name='benfiltness']my local target still has em... lots of em...[/QUOTE]

I tried buying one today at target and it rings up as Recall item. I also tried at walmart and it rings up as Sell not allowed.

[quote name='pinoy530']I tried buying one today at target and it rings up as Recall item. I also tried at walmart and it rings up as Sell not allowed.[/QUOTE]
Wow, Rockstar is actually being slammed for real this time? Haha :lol: have they gone too far for once? Well, I just ordered one from this thread's link a little over an hour ago... still haven't gotten a confirmation email. I wonder how funny this whole situation with GTA:SA will be in hindsight a year or two from now. :razz:

yea, I ordered 2-3 days ago on the outpost deal. And item said it was in stock, but my order status says backordered as well. I called customer support and they said the retailer stopped their shipment of the game. So it looks like anyone wanting the hot coffee version is going to have to go 49.99 for teh xbox version and hunt for it in a store that may still carry it :(. When "The Guy Game" had it's controversy most stores still carried it and still do currently.

Im going to check a few stores on my way out of work, but considering where I live, im sure everything is all gone and heading stright to ebay.

Dang it, so would it be smarter to just cancel the "back ordered" game and go hunting or wait it out and see what happens?

hmmm its not letting me order...saying my card order is invalid??? I then checked the card company and everything is ok... is this blocked? Or just bad luck?

I'm going to try IN-STORE pickup at MicroCenter. The worst thing they can do is cancel the order....and oh well.

2 copies for PS2 hopefully!!

[quote name='jjz203']Dang it, so would it be smarter to just cancel the "back ordered" game and go hunting or wait it out and see what happens?[/QUOTE]

depends on the value of the game to you. Im trying to grab my copy as a collector. In addition it appears that the value to be in order from greatest to least xbox, pc, then ps2. Ps2 should be easily found PO. So i believe the profit margin to decline after the hype is down. If you are trying to get the game to play in general and the hot coffee mod doesnt matter, then just wait for the rerelease.

Darn, PC version's $45. I'd prefer that over the Xbox, since it sounded like the Xbox version has some weird loading things and lots of jaggies.

OMFG!11111oneoene TEH GAME STORES ARE PULLING IT OFF THE SHELVES111!111 GET TEH UB3R RAR3 GAME BEFORE ITS T00 LaTeE..11!11 oh em gee there are ONLY about 1 million + copies in TEH WOORLDDd!1

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Darn, PC version's $45. I'd prefer that over the Xbox, since it sounded like the Xbox version has some weird loading things and lots of jaggies.[/QUOTE]
I put in about 124hrs on the XB version & the only complaint I have is the draw distance most noticeable during flight, the PC version had some annoying bug's in it but Im sure they've been ironed out by now...

[quote name='Technique']OMFG!11111oneoene TEH GAME STORES ARE PULLING IT OFF THE SHELVES111!111 GET TEH UB3R RAR3 GAME BEFORE ITS T00 LaTeE..11!11 oh em gee there are ONLY about 1 million + copies in TEH WOORLDDd!1[/QUOTE]

Settle Down

Argh wtf I bought BF2 and GTA:SA on the 21st from Outpost.com Order went through.

Wondering why i never get confirmation emails or anything, check back today, it says both are Backordered.

I give two shits about this hot coffee crap, but how long do you think it'll take for them to send my games!!!

bread's done
Back