SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL - July 19-23

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hello CAG.

If you don't know about Comic-Con, let me break it down a little bit.

San Diego Comic-Con is going down July 19-23(THU-SUN). There will be WED Preview night again on the 18th for ppl that preregistered and members of the press/industry along with those who receive free preview night passes.

SDCC is the biggest convention of it's kind in the US. It has everything a geek would love and more. Comics, Anime, movies, art, entertainment, video games, collectibles, celebs, Sci-Fi, action figures, and MORE.

Sony is there every year, Capcom will be there again along with UDON. Capcom will be running something special for Street Fighter fans, so don't miss out.

Tons of exclusives that can sell for $$$ on the eBay. Only bad thing is the smell.

Who will be attending this year? :)

I'll be going for my 15th year in a row and running another video gaming tournament. It's going to be the 5th year anniversary SD TEKKEN tournament. Hope to see some of you there!

[quote name='Ma12kez']Okay, okay I get it man. I appreciate the generosity:applause: (you know I'd do the same too). I'll push and shove my way through tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get swarmed again; but that line is just insane.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

haha, you know I just like giving you a hard time. Don't sweat it too much if you can't get through tomorrow.

On a side note... tomorrow is Kevin Smith! I just got home from Clerks II (quite awesome), so I am pumped for Kevin Smith at 1:00pm in Hall H. After the the floor closes at 7:00pm I am jetting over to the UltraStar theatre in Hazard Center Mission Valley where Kevin Smith is doing a Q&A after the 8:15pm Showing (as well as 3:30pm and 6:00pm showings).

Dude, today was great.

Did you guys know Koji Igarashi (Castlevania series) was there at the Konami booth and doing meetings with press etc.

And that's not the best part. Hideo Kojima was also there.

Today was a good day for me :) !

If anyone is going to our Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection tournaments, see you there(Saturday!)

Mezzanine Level, Room 18.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']haha, you know I just like giving you a hard time. Don't sweat it too much if you can't get through tomorrow.

On a side note... tomorrow is Kevin Smith! I just got home from Clerks II (quite awesome), so I am pumped for Kevin Smith at 1:00pm in Hall H. After the the floor closes at 7:00pm I am jetting over to the UltraStar theatre in Hazard Center Mission Valley where Kevin Smith is doing a Q&A after the 8:15pm Showing (as well as 3:30pm and 6:00pm showings).[/quote]
Oh man, for a minute there I thought you were talking about that lame guy: Kevin Pereira from G4.:lol: I saw that guy (with co-host Olivia Munn?) again after my meet and greet with SNOOP DOGG :cool: around 2PM signing autographs at his booth (4332?). I can't believe people were actually waiting in line for this guy (sorry for you Pereira fans out there; I just can't stand this guy and his "jokes").

[quote name='MarkMan']And that's not the best part. Hideo Kojima was also there.[/quote]
What time was that? I can't believe I missed him.:bomb:

[quote name='FFMooglestar']haha, you know I just like giving you a hard time. Don't sweat it too much if you can't get through tomorrow.

On a side note... tomorrow is Kevin Smith! I just got home from Clerks II (quite awesome), so I am pumped for Kevin Smith at 1:00pm in Hall H. After the the floor closes at 7:00pm I am jetting over to the UltraStar theatre in Hazard Center Mission Valley where Kevin Smith is doing a Q&A after the 8:15pm Showing (as well as 3:30pm and 6:00pm showings).[/quote]

just saw clerk II tonight, the transformers diss threw me though almost throughout the movie, I felt like he took a shot at the fans, but his livelyhood are the same type of fans that love his work in comics, animation and movies.

lol screw Kojima, Samuel L Jackson was there today with the snake wrangler! Samuel Jackson never fails to impress. A bunch of nerds asked stupid questions and he shot them down. Also that tenacious D movie looked good.

Errr I guess tomorrow i'll go for LOST, i'd like to goto the Kevin smith panel but I havent seen clerks 2 yet so I'd rather go watch the SG-1 Panel With Christopher Judge.

[quote name='Zoglog']lol screw Kojima, Samuel L Jackson was there today with the snake wrangler! Samuel Jackson never fails to impress. A bunch of nerds asked stupid questions and he shot them down. Also that tenacious D movie looked good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Tenacious D movie looks sick as hell. Samuel L was pretty awesome. I love how almost every question involved the words motherfucker. Though the best part of the his Q&A for me was when the guy asked if the snakes deserved to die and he responded "Yes they deserve to die! And I hope they burn in hell!"

[quote name='Ma12kez']And Linkin, no luck again:bomb:. Will try again tomorrow. The Hasbro line filled up @ 10:02 AM (2 min after it opened). FFMooglestar got his (and mine), but I got swamped by the sea of people. Limit is 2 per person on the "Nemesis Prime," but I'll see what I can do.[/quote]

I really appreciate you trying man. Thanks so much. I will definately owe you big time :bow:

For whatever it's worth, the prizes for Nintendo costumes are on a case-by-case basis, not just one blanket prize. My Tingle costume was apparently crazy enough to net me a DS Lite :D

[quote name='DeathPrawn']For whatever it's worth, the prizes for Nintendo costumes are on a case-by-case basis, not just one blanket prize. My Tingle costume was apparently crazy enough to net me a DS Lite :D[/quote]

Holly shit are you serious? That's tight. Did you get the standard white one?

Anyone have a pic of the Phoenix Wright Stylus? Also was Capcom selling the orinal or part 2?

6:30 AM.

Live from the Convention floor.
Only one here, waiting for con staff to unlock the tournament room.

It's so creepy here without any ppl lol.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Anyone have a pic of the Phoenix Wright Stylus? Also was Capcom selling the orinal or part 2?[/QUOTE]

They were selling the original and you got both of these in one package:

21428.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I really appreciate you trying man. Thanks so much. I will definately owe you big time :bow:[/quote]
Good news Linkin!:D After about 2 1/2 hours of roaming, pushing, shoving and waiting at the Hasbro booth, I was able to grab you a "Nemesis Prime." It went out of stock a couple minutes after I got done paying too.:hot: Anyway, I'll PM you the shipping/trading information once I get back tomorrow. I'm just way too tired right now though. Going to get something to eat, then knock out.

Anyway, you can drool over these for now::drool:

*Nemesis Prime: 1, 2 (kind of blurry)

[quote name='Ma12kez']Good news Linkin!:D After about 2 1/2 hours of roaming, pushing, shoving and waiting at the Hasbro booth, I was able to grab you a "Nemesis Prime." It went out of stock a couple minutes after I got done paying too.:hot: Anyway, I'll PM you the shipping/trading information once I get back tomorrow. I'm just way too tired right now though. Going to get something to eat, then knock out.

Anyway, you can drool over these for now::drool:

*Nemesis Prime: 1, 2 (kind of blurry)[/quote]

:bow: I totally owe you one man. You totally made my year. I'll await for your info. Hopefully someday I can repay you by hooking you up with something else. I'll probobly be going to E3 again next year, I'll see If I can get you something cool.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']I've got family on the Board of Directors and on the Head of Events Staff, so I'll definitely be there all 4 Days (Free of Course)!
[/QUOTE]

Okay, you've got to talk to your family (on the BoD) about getting Axe or Tag to be a sponsor next year because the stank level was off the chart in the exhibition hall. They could give away a trial size in the freebie table bag that comes with registration. I swear, it smelled like vomit downstairs. And someone actually vomited upstairs because there was sawdust on the floor with a "Wet Floor" sign.

Haha, I'll see what I can do about getting that going orimental.

Anyway the last 2 days at the con were a blast.

Spent the entire first half of the day in Hall H on saturday. Got to see Frank Miller, and the trailer for "The 300" which looks amazing. After that the program just read "Robert Rodriguez presents Grindhouse." Rodrigues came out and talked for a minute or two and then I went fucking nuts when he called out Quentin Tarantino. The fun didn't stop there as as many of the female stars took the stage including Rose McGowan and Rosario Dawson. First of all Grindhouse seems fucking amazing and the trailer they put together for one of the Grindhouse flicks, "Planet Terror" was one of the most bad ass looking movies I have ever seen. I can not wait for Grindhouse to come to theatres.

It sucked that Kevin Smith missed his early panel, but I still ended up making the 6:45 rescheduled Q&A. Kevin was funny as always. Then later that night we went over to the theatres and watched Clerks II for a second time and did another Kevin Smith Q&A.

Today was pretty decent. Scored alot of swag today. I finally managed to pick up the DS Wrist Strap from the Nintendo booth, all I had to do was ask one of the dudes in the blue shirts.

By the way, did anyone get to spin the wheel at the CBS Jericho booth? I didn't do it til this morning, but the prizes were crazy. All of the landing panels on the spin wheel were basically just DVD Seasons for CBS Shows. My brother got CSI:NY Season 1 and his wife and I both got Numb3rs Season 1. Crazy prizes.

Scored a bunch of free shirts today and the Grudge 2 Stress relief ball from room 20A for the Grudge 2 panel. Takashi Shimizu seemed pretty cool, and I seeing Amber Tamblyn fun.

I'm sad to wake up tomorrow and not get to go to comic-con. Oh well. It was definitely fun while it lasted. I'll post a pic of all my swag a little later.

So I went yesterday and overall had a great time. I got there about 8am to get in the line to volunteer and had to wait about an hour to finally get a badge. I checked out the 1st floor till my volunteer shift, which was from 1pm to 4pm. My work consisted of moving boxes of those bags, schedules, and souvenir books to the 4 tables just past the registers where people buy their badges. It was hard work but at least I didn't have to pay $30 for one day.

As for the stuff I bought, since Sat was the only day I was able to go, I brought $200 to spend. $30 of it was already spent, since I needed to pay my friend back who picked up Phoenix Wright with the stylus for me on Thursday. After looking around, I didn't see too much that I wanted to get. So on a somewhat impulse I bought those Capcom Vs SNK 2 figures. They were $10 each and if you bought 4 the dealer was giving away a silver Haohmaru. Another guy who was also looking at the figures mentioned that he wanted Iori but the dealer said that Iori, Chun Li, and Ryu were the ones that sold out the fastest. He wanted our names so we can get a list for Sunday's lot but neither of us were gonna be there tomorrow. So he gave us a discount, $35 for 5 figures. I figured it wasn't a bad deal and I thought the figures were pretty sweet. I also didn't want to leave the con empty handed. :)

I also pre-ordered for next year's Comic Con. It was only $40 for the 4 day pass with the preview night. I'll definately do more next year and check out panels and showings and whatnot.

Pictures!

After Preview night I was a little disappointed because there wern't as many exhibitors as last year, and then Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I was gone to Vegas. Luckily I made it back to the Con Sunday and boy was it worth it. Not only did I score a Saw III T-Shirt from Lionsgate, I also was able to snag a Grudge II hat. But you ain't heard nothin' yet.

My buddies gave me $20 on a dare to paint my face like the Jigsaw dummy, I took it, and ended up winning the Raffle of the DVD's...

Saw
Saw II
Waiting
The Grudge
The Ultimate Avengers

and I few others I can't place my mind on. But it's STILL not over.

My best friend won the raffle for the Tick Cartoon show DVD and gave it to me for the $20 he paid me to paint my face.

All in all it was a awesome day at the Con. See you guys next year.

Here is most of the crap I came home with:

Star Wars 501st Storm Troopers (Con Exclusive from Hasbro Booth) $14.99ea

Incredibles Figures (I now Own all 7 from the Set)
Paid $17.00 for all 3

Transformers Alternators Nemesis Prime (Con Exclusive from Hasbro) $24.99

Pirates Cannibal Jack (Con Exclusive from Neca) $20.00

Random CD's DVD's and Game
Phoenix Wright $30.00 with Stylus and Wriststrap
Daria Complete 8 DVD Set (Pilot + Entire TV Series + TV Special + 2 TV Movies) $50.00
Everything else (Including NUMB3RS Season 1) was free

Grindhouse Posters

Viz Media Tote Bags (Front and Back Shown)

Random Ass Free Shit (The Tick Spoon, Hulk Glow Stick, Pins, Bottle Opener, PC Headset, Jet Li Fearless Flipbook, Pens/Pencils, Misc Toys)

Shirt from a movie that don't remember the name... Something about a fake college.

Henry Rollins Show Shirt from IFC Booth

Blade the Series Shirt from the Blade Panel (Front and Back shown)

Crank Shirt

Random Free Cards

Autographs from World of Warcraft and Marvel VS artists

Random Comics
X-Men Civil War #1 Aspen Variant Cover $20.00

Random Magazines

Mousepad, WoW Demos, Lost Magnet, Snakes on a Plane Make your own t-shirt Iron Ons, Adult Swim Postcard Book, Transformer the Movie Postcard, Random Tattoos, and some misc Wristband

4/4 Postcards from the Nintendo Booth

Saw III Shirt

Naruto Mask, Spider-Man 3 Hat, Bart Simpson Fan

Superman Frisebees

YinYangYo Bandana, CSI Light Up Pen, Beowulf Pin, Jackass 2 Car Scent (Smells like ass), Flushed Away Pencial, Grudge 2 Stress Balls

Sci-Fi Network Who Wants to Be a Superhero Cape, Free The Band Lanyard, Pans Labyrinth Key/Chain

CSI Tote Bag filled with misc CBS Posters and the 4400 Trading Cards, Ghostwhisperer Note Pad, Final Destination 3 Personal Fan

Phoenix Wright Wriststrap/Stylus, Pokemon Wriststrap

Blade The Series Backpack, Scream Awards Backpack

This is most of the stuff I picked up at the con, there was more that I just didn't take pictures of ie Posters and Ads. Pretty decent haul.

[quote name='Nealocus123']^^Holy shit dude, makes my few DVD's look worthless. Next years Comic-Con let me tag along with you so I can get that much stuff :)[/quote]
Haha man my legs died trying to follow FFMooglestar to all the free schwagga. I did get quite a few things on the day we met up though.:applause:

So did you guys open up your Nemesis Prime or sold it on ebay?

I'm keeping mine sealed for now, even though Im so tempted to open it up and display it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So did you guys open up your Nemesis Prime or sold it on ebay?

I'm keeping mine sealed for now, even though Im so tempted to open it up and display it.[/quote]

Mine is still sealed as well. I'll probably open it once I get enough room to display it. Also, I'm trying to figure out a way to salvage the box (maybe cutting it from the bottom or something).

bread's done
Back