Sandisk 1GB Pro Duo $39.96 QVC Price honored like Indian Peace Treaty

[quote name='chrishicks']one question - whats the possibility that they could charge the full price on these if they were to ship?[/QUOTE]

I think that's against bait and switch laws.

[quote name='chrishicks']one question - whats the possibility that they could charge the full price on these if they were to ship?[/QUOTE]

0% chance. Well, there is always a chance but it is against the law for them to do so...

always pay for next day shipping on obvious mistakes like this one... That way you have a 75% chance the order will go to the warehouse immediately

Human greed strikes again. I was shopping around for one of these, and I see some of you douches ordering several just to sell later? Grats on capitalizing though, that's how this cutthroat country stays afloat. Oh well, hope everyone get's what they ordered, lame when company's make mistakes and don't honor the price.

They shouldn't:
[quote name='Somewhere on QVC.com'][font=Verdana,Arial] In the event that a product or service is listed at an incorrect price due to supplier pricing information or typographical error, QVC shall have the right to refuse or cancel orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, QVC shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.[/quote][/font]

[quote name='Diiz']Human greed strikes again. I was shopping around for one of these, and I see some of you douches ordering several just to sell later? Grats on capitalizing though, that's how this cutthroat country stays afloat. Oh well, hope everyone get's what they ordered, lame when company's make mistakes and don't honor the price.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with "ordering several" - it's ordering several hundred that kind of sucks. I don't know where to draw the line but when someone is being a douche I know it when I see it. Oh well though - it is every man for himself....

[quote name='javeryh']There's nothing wrong with "ordering several" - it's ordering several hundred that kind of sucks. I don't know where to draw the line but when someone is being a douche I know it when I see it. Oh well though - it is every man for himself....[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think that people who ordered multiples will turn around and set other CAGs up with them. For something reasonable, like cost + shipping + a few bucks, not the "$35-40 profit" FW's been talking about.

[quote name='javeryh']There's nothing wrong with "ordering several" - it's ordering several hundred that kind of sucks. I don't know where to draw the line but when someone is being a douche I know it when I see it. Oh well though - it is every man for himself....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's fine. I know that people are dicks and love the "army of one, every man for himself" mentality. The guy ordering several hundred is a dick, but to me so is the guy ordering 5 or 6 just to dust a small profit. Everyone is an opportunist, can't necessarily say I wouldn't be tempted to do the same. I'm just pissed that I missed this deal after shopping around for one of these for nearly a month.

[quote name='Diiz']Yeah, that's fine. I know that people are dicks and love the "army of one, every man for himself" mentality. The guy ordering several hundred is a dick, but to me so is the guy ordering 5 or 6 just to dust a small profit. Everyone is an opportunist, can't necessarily say I wouldn't be tempted to do the same. I'm just pissed that I missed this deal after shopping around for one of these for nearly a month.[/QUOTE]

Question is, if another CAG sold you one they picked up for $50, would that be an issue to you?

[quote name='RandyTsai']Im considering heading down to walmart and attempting a pm with the print out.[/QUOTE]

Good luck.

[quote name='CheapyD']The FW guys were just screwing around...the maximum available for order was 5 per order.[/QUOTE]

If you called in the order you could get as many as you wanted.

so ...

how long will this take? anyone been in this situation before? i know you have.

edit
obviously someone will a: recieve their order b: have their order cancelled

guess we'll just have to wait and see

[quote name='shrike4242']Question is, if another CAG sold you one they picked up for $50, would that be an issue to you?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, but let us consider the likelihood.

It all just boils down to me being disappointed about not getting one, that's all. Not trying to make personal attacks.

[quote name='Diiz']Not at all, but let us consider the likelihood.

It all just boils down to me being disappointed about not getting one, that's all. Not trying to make personal attacks.[/QUOTE]

You never know what happens. Right now, there's lots of pending orders and some chance they might go through, if not a small one.

It hit SD, then FW and then here. Anyone who does manage to get one is lucky. And I'd like to think that if someone ordered more than one, they'd bring some of the love back to CAG.

I can hope, though until the orders go through, it's a semi-moot point.

[quote name='cleaver']If you called in the order you could get as many as you wanted.[/QUOTE]

Until sanity kicked in for the phone reps and they look into the price. :roll:

"In the event that a product or service is listed at an incorrect price due to supplier pricing information or typographical error, QVC shall have the right to refuse or cancel orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, QVC shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price."

I hope QVC would be magnanimous, but QVC has the situation covered to protect QVC from this exact situation.

Of course, it's very possible that this was just a ridiculous sale that was on TV. They do things like that. They could've found a bunch and not known what they had their hands on.

[quote name='mkelehan']Of course, it's very possible that this was just a ridiculous sale that was on TV. They do things like that. They could've found a bunch and not known what they had their hands on.[/QUOTE]

We could only be so lucky.

Curiouser and curiouser:

[quote name='Random FW asshat']Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:02 PM
Rating:0

Got a call from them about 10 minutes to confirm my order of 10 sticks. Didn't mention anything about pricing error so I am keeping my fingers crossed. [/quote]

The non-stop moron-a-thon at FW continues unabashed:

[quote name='A greedy FW asshat']
[font=Verdana,Arial]Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:35 PM
[font=Verdana,Arial]Rating:
rateneut.gif
[/font]

I ordered 200 sticks and my CC just called me to confirm if it's not a fradulant charges..so my CC is charged!...maxed out my card limit and will be gettin 5% cash back frm that...WOOOhhooooo[/quote]

[quote name='Another random FW asshat']
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial]Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:37 PM
rateneut.gif
[/font]

200 sticks o_O
*cough* *overkill*[/quote]

[quote name='Yet another random FW asshat']
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial]Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:41 PM
rateneut.gif
[/font]Way to screw it up for everyone else.
face-icon-small-disgusted.gif
[/quote]
[/font]

[quote name='shrike4242']The non-stop moron-a-thon at FW continues unabashed:

[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Shrike is my new best friend when it comes to this thread of evil.

So the guy who got the verification call for his 10 stick order was actually called by his CC company and NOT QVC?

And the fun continues......

[quote name='Still another random FW asshat']Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:49 PM

Lame. [/quote]

[quote name='A shipping minded FW asshat'][quote name='Even more random FW asshats']Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:52 PM

if you are serious that is a ton of $ to spend even though I'm sure eBay sales will definately make up for it. I ordered 1 and figured there will most likely be no chance of it shipping. by the way, how much was shipping on that many?[/quote]
Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:56 PM
Should be 50% off each subsequent unit ($2.xx for each additional unit) according to the website.[/quote]

[quote name='A semi-clueful random FW asshat?']Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 3:54 PM

Ordering that many on one order is moronic.

So when will it rain cancellations?[/quote]

[quote name='GT']So the guy who got the verification call for his 10 stick order was actually called by his CC company and NOT QVC?[/QUOTE]

If I read the one correctly, the guy who had the 10 stick order was called by QVC, I think. The guy with the 200 stick order was called by his CC company, since it was like $9K or something like that, 200 * $40 + tax + shipping. And the CC company wants to make sure it's legit.

Maybe it's not BS after all?

[quote name='Random FW asshat #10']
Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 4:02 PM

These posts boasting on how many you ordered are juvenile, please knock it off. Remember, the first is always funny, the rest are lame.[/quote]

[quote name='The greediest FW asshat around']Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 4:03 PM

I just moved, and my CC billing address hasn't been changed yet, so I had to buy them with my CC, then "ship" them to my gf at our new address. We moved from a 1br to a 2br, in the same condo complex, so everything is the same except for the unit number on the two addresses. WELLL.... QVC managed to screw up the ship to address, so I had to call to change the info. Tried the online help route to no avail. When I called, I said"I just placed an order this morning and the confirmation email has the wrong shipping address...she pulled my account..and said"oo...the order for some...um..I guess memory of some kind?" I said,"yeah, thats it, he is the correct ship to address"... she made the changes, and said"ok, sir, expect delivery on or before the 28th, thanks for your business"[/quote]

Well, I ordered two sticks earlier....I'll probably keep both since I just got a PSP. I can always sell one and get my money back...and then some

This doesn't look good.

[quote name='A disappointed FW asshat']Date Posted: Jun/16/2005 5:16 PM

Heh heh, I am the first one eventually!!

One of my orders is cancelled. It's shown on the order status page.

Check yours. [/quote]

wow I always miss the good ones and I'm peeking on here daily

this one if it went through would have been one the most memorable deals in CAG history

Speaking of CAG history the 1 yr anniversary for the CC $5 blowout is coming. And this time next gen systems are knocking and it's time for a repeat.

[quote name='javeryh']Mine is still "in process"...[/QUOTE]

Mine is "in process" as well, with a good chance of it being canceled, unfortunately.

Crossing my fingers on this one.

Nothing new on the FW site about this, save the single post about cancellation.

SD has one post towards the end of their thread about cancellation, though it looks we're famous over there:

[quote name='Random SD poster.']
best buy has this card on sale for 139.99 w/ free shipping. They dont carry these cards in store very often (from my buddy who works there).

And guys who got in on this deal, i have bad news. look what i just found over at cheapassgamer! A guy at fatwallet ordered 2500

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums...35&page=5&pp=20[/quote]

Ugh, why would anyone post on FW with that many leechers. Oh well - another deal I missed out on cause I was too busy watching Bleach.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Ugh, why would anyone post on FW with that many leechers. Oh well - another deal I missed out on cause I was too busy watching Bleach.[/QUOTE]

Not a great episode of Bleach, but anyways mine is also in process still. I'm still holding out hope on this. If it does ship it will make my decision easier towards a purchase of a PSP.

[quote name='m_que01']Not a great episode of Bleach, but anyways mine is also in process still. I'm still holding out hope on this. If it does ship it will make my decision easier towards a purchase of a PSP.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't too bad - just not a whole lot of fighting. They seem to be stalling a bit as of late. Also - let us not begin to talk about naruto...god it has gotten aweful lately.

Checking out eureka now. Hope it's good.

[quote name='m_que01']If it does ship it will make my decision easier towards a purchase of a PSP.[/QUOTE]

Same. I was waiting on a good price for a 1GB mem stick before I got one, so I could store a movie or two on it. But now that the DDD sale came early, I can't afford one yet anyway...

"BACKORDERED," but not cancelled yet!!!!

Dated 17 June, with the indication that "No changes can be made at this time."

What I mean is that they will have more time to figure out their price mistake. I would prefer to have a status of SHIPPED.

[quote name='MGoBlue']What I mean is that they will have more time to figure out their price mistake. I would prefer to have a status of SHIPPED.[/QUOTE]

Completely Agree. Stall Tactic, but it still keeps that small hope alive.

I don't like this BACKORDERED status... it won't let me cancel it. I will be out of the country starting the 24th and paid for expedited shipping (made that change). I guess I'll have to call to cancel if it doesn't ship within the day. I'd let it ride if it weren't for the fact I won't have anyone to sign for it. :(

bread's done
Back