SanDisk - 1GB Pro Duo (PSP) $50 shipped AR at buy.com

[quote name='andayaman']Are these two memory cards the same, other than the color and price? Am I better off getting the "gaming" card if I needed it for a PSP??[/QUOTE]
From my understanding, the main difference is the color. They felt the yellow would be more attractive to PSP owners than the standard blue, so it's a marketing thing.

I have both a yellow and a blue and I can't see any difference when using either one in my PSP. However, it is nice having one of each color so I can't get them mixed up.

[quote name='UnDefenant']I bought my duo from them, and I had no problems. I haven't ever had any problems with them actually.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I am actually quite pleased with them. Sometimes, they take too many orders and can't fill them, but for the prices they have I can't complain. Plus, they are one of the few vendors that allow you to use coupons for video game hardware.

This is great - these things keep getting cheaper all the time. It comes to a point where you have enough memory cards, and can just swap files via the PC, but it's still pretty good.

I have two 1GB memory cards, but I'm looking for another one just for game saves and game downloads. The others would be for music and movies (thank you PSP Media Manager!).

Jeremy

[quote name='D. Monic']From my understanding, the main difference is the color. They felt the yellow would be more attractive to PSP owners than the standard blue, so it's a marketing thing.

I have both a yellow and a blue and I can't see any difference when using either one in my PSP. However, it is nice having one of each color so I can't get them mixed up.[/QUOTE]
Actually, there's another important difference : The Duo's have the adaptor making them compatible with both the PSP and with devices that use full size memory sticks. For me, it's important to have at least one adaptor since I'll use mine for both my PSP and my camera on trips. Also the adaptor is needed if one wants to plug the memory stick into their computer's card reader. It's not necessary, but it's more convenient.

Is this an MP3 player? I've been looking for one. OOS right now though.

Edit - Never mind, I found it and it's not.

[quote name='Decker']Actually, there's another important difference : The Duo's have the adaptor making them compatible with both the PSP and with devices that use full size memory sticks. For me, it's important to have at least one adaptor since I'll use mine for both my PSP and my camera on trips. Also the adaptor is needed if one wants to plug the memory stick into their computer's card reader. It's not necessary, but it's more convenient.[/QUOTE]
Let me make sure I understand. The standard blue one comes with the adapter and the yellow "gaming" version does not.

So if you want the adapter, it's best to get the blue one, correct? Not to mention it's cheaper, at least with this deal.

Of course, I should know this since I own one of both. And I do remember getting an adapter with one of them, but since I don't have a camera that uses memory stick, I just set it aside. I can't remember which one it came with.

I had ordered a Gaming Pro Duo from Buy.com in early September that came out to about $50 after rebates and a 10% off code, but it *still* hasn't shipped. Maybe I'll bite on this... or not order anything and tell them to go fuck themselves.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']thanks op! i just ordered one for $47.83 after tax, rebate and the 10% off coupon. :)[/QUOTE]

Is this 10% off code universal or personal?

whoops, i forgot to mention that i received the 10% off code from a buy.com e-mail. you can only use the link once :lol:

if you've ordered from buy.com before, check your spam e-mail box b/c the coupon link is probably there :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']whoops, i forgot to mention that i received the 10% off code from a buy.com e-mail. you can only use the link once :lol:

if you've ordered from buy.com before, check your spam e-mail box b/c the coupon link is probably there :)[/QUOTE]

Shit. I delete all those stupid emails out of habit without even reading the header. Oh well...

hmmm... you guys could always open a new account w/ a different e-mail addy and use their $5 off of $50 purchase for new customers ;)

edit: i've done this before but it was on accident b/c i forgot i had an old account with them.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I had ordered a Gaming Pro Duo from Buy.com in early September that came out to about $50 after rebates and a 10% off code, but it *still* hasn't shipped. Maybe I'll bite on this... or not order anything and tell them to go fuck themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yea im sitting in backorder as well - they said theyd only charge me $50, taking the 30 off automatically - but that doesnt help if they dont ship it

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Yea im sitting in backorder as well - they said theyd only charge me $50, taking the 30 off automatically - but that doesnt help if they dont ship it[/QUOTE]
Right, they told me that too. I ended up cancelling that order and placing a new order for this one - I could use the entra adaptor that comes with it for use in my older Sony digital camera. Best of luck getting that old gaming stick!

bread's done
Back