Sarah Palin is McCain's Choice for VP

[quote name='chasemurata']Sarah Palin's ABC 20/20 interview with Charlie Gibson.

Full excerpts: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5795641&page=1

Video: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5793131

Her interview was hilarious/disturbing. Can you believe she's a Vice President nominee? I can't.

Bring on the parodies![/QUOTE]

I love her response about what she did as head of the Alaska national guard and how it turned into an energy question. It sickens me to think that this is going to be the next Vice President of the United States.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I love her response about what she did as head of the Alaska national guard and how it turned into an energy question. It sickens me to think that this is going to be the next Vice President of the United States.[/quote]

Don't forget she'll be the 45th President of the United States.

Hey...

I just found a weight loss program.

Vomit your way thin with President Sarah Palin.

:puke:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I love her response about what she did as head of the Alaska national guard and how it turned into an energy question. It sickens me to think that this is going to be the next Vice President of the United States.[/quote]

She is indeed very good at spinning things to things she is more familiar with. I am waiting for someone to hammer her and take her to task for her ignorance. I want to see her crack under pressure. One way to see a person's true personality is to watch them under pressure.

Her statements about national security and foreign policy was a disaster. Granted, I think most Americans do not know what the Bush Doctrine is, but she should as a United States Vice President nominee. I thought it was pretty telling how she appeared very uninformed about the foreign policy principles of the current U.S. president.

I found it pretty funny that she could not answer what being next door neighbors with Russia brings to the table.

When asked about Georgia and NATO, and Iraq/Iran/Israel, she again seemed very uninformed.

I read the edited portions of the interview and came away thinking she knows less than I thought she did by only watching the video. I think ABC may have been too nice in what they took out. It made her look less incompetent.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Name a Russian city within 100 miles of Alaska.[/QUOTE]

It's not a pissing contest... I'm just pointing out that geographically, they are next to each other. I'm not defending Palin - god forbid - by any stretch.

She is indeed very good at spinning things to things she is more familiar with. I am waiting for someone to hammer her and take her to task for her ignorance. I want to see her crack under pressure. One way to see a person's true personality is to watch them under pressure.

Her statements about national security and foreign policy was a disaster. Granted, I think most Americans do not know what the Bush Doctrine is, but she should as a United States Vice President nominee. I thought it was pretty telling how she appeared very uninformed about the foreign policy principles of the current U.S. president.

I found it pretty funny that she could not answer what being next door neighbors with Russia brings to the table.

When asked about Georgia and NATO, and Iraq/Iran/Israel, she again seemed very uninformed.

I read the edited portions of the interview and came away thinking she knows less than I thought she did by only watching the video. I think ABC may have been too nice in what they took out. It made her look less incompetent.

I don't think Sarah will make a good vice president but she gots the Sexy Librarian look down...

Oh la la..

McCAIN / MILF 2008!!!!!!!

[quote name='dmaul1114']So her and her staff are not going to cooperate with the investigation into her firing of the State Trooper and will even refuse to show up when subpoenaed.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/17/palin.investigation/index.html

Hmm, where have we saw something like this before?

McCain/Palin- 4 years of more of the same![/QUOTE]

Does she think she's already been elected vice president?

You're supposed to pay lip service to open government, and then slam that door shut after election. Not before.

[quote name='mykevermin']Does she think she's already been elected vice president?

You're supposed to pay lip service to open government, and then slam that door shut after election. Not before.[/QUOTE]

I think her new online nickname is now Dickless Cheney.

[quote name='mykevermin']Does she think she's already been elected vice president?

You're supposed to pay lip service to open government, and then slam that door shut after election. Not before.[/quote]

According to Diebold, she is vice president.

[quote name='Msut77']I think her new online nickname is now Dickless Cheney.[/quote]

:rofl:

5 kids and a knocked-up teenage daughter?

Does anyone in that party know the meaning of pulling out?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Wow.
I really hate her now, and I also really wanna see the debate between Biden and her. If only Ifill or Biden would sock that issue to her.[/QUOTE]

I hope he makes her cry. I seriously hope he doesnt pull punches because she is a woman and lives up to the name Joey the Shark. I hope he literally makes her cry on stage in front of the entire nation. Guilliani and Romney are the only politicians iv hated nearly as much as this bitch.

If we don't charge rape victims for their rape kits, the terrorists win. Don'cha know?

Responsible government requires people to pay for their expenses.

It is too cold in Alaska to rape somebody. Don'cha know?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Guilliani and Romney are the only politicians iv hated nearly as much as this bitch.[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it because I feel conservatives may read this and just think "oh he just hates republicans" (which is not true), but Guilliani and Romney are definitely worse than Palin.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Romney reminds me of Kerry in nearly every way. He's just a smooth-talking business man that I feel would stab Americans in the back at every turn. He's slimy. I don't trust him.

He says whatever he thinks America wants to hear, he never addresses any issue only focusing on rhetoric, etc.

You know, he reminds me of the slime-ball brother in Heroes that could fly. I bet Romney and Kerry can both fly. I don't want a president that can fly.

Not my territory, but I'd throw out there that little is more dangerous than a blithering idiot who has zero experience, follows her gut feelings, believes that God is on our side in Iraq, or victimizes rape victims even further.

I don't think President Palin would be much more than a figurehead, only stepping in to give a hand to the oil industry and enforce God's will. I don't think her incompetence would get in the way of much since her administration would be run by a McCain-appointed cabinet...

I think corruption is a much bigger threat than incompetence, and I think Romney would be far more corrupt in office than Palin. Palin seems to only pander to energy lobbyists, while Romney has shown no limits.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Wow.
I really hate her now, and I also really wanna see the debate between Biden and her. If only Ifill or Biden would sock that issue to her.[/quote]

1994, Mccain voted against Bidens bill that would end charging for the rape kit.. http://www.jedreport.com/2008/09/mccain-voted-against-biden-law.html

Apparently part of the rape kit is the morning after bill, which is what Plain a.k.a the "mother from bobby's world" is against.

[quote name='Koggit']I've said it before and I'll say it again, Romney reminds me of Kerry in nearly every way. He's just a smooth-talking business man that I feel would stab Americans in the back at every turn. He's slimy. I don't trust him.

He says whatever he thinks America wants to hear, he never addresses any issue only focusing on rhetoric, etc.

You know, he reminds me of the slime-ball brother in Heroes that could fly. I bet Romney and Kerry can both fly. I don't want a president that can fly.[/QUOTE]

So basically he just gives you bad vibe, but there is no past evidence of his actions that make him worse. Fair enough. I get a similar feeling from Obama, just like I did with Bill Clinton. But unlike others around here, I won't deride you for disliking someone based on a "feeling".

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']"Jesus Christ is my personal savior."

Sure thing, Mormon/Buddhist/Hindu/Muslim/Jew.

Like Koggit said, he doesn't have integrity.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic. Otherwise, I'd have to ask for examples.

[quote name='thrustbucket']So basically he just gives you bad vibe, but there is no past evidence of his actions that make him worse. Fair enough. I get a similar feeling from Obama, just like I did with Bill Clinton. But unlike others around here, I won't deride you for disliking someone based on a "feeling".

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic. Otherwise, I'd have to ask for examples.[/QUOTE]

Ermmmm try that Romneys camp was ran by a shitload of lobbyists. Try that the guy made his carrear by buying out dying business, firing everyone then gutting the place. Try that he has flip flopped on issues more then anyone pretty much ever. Its not just vibes, the guy puts the slick in slick willy(and nots not even counting the slime from his haircut).

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ermmmm try that Romneys camp was ran by a shitload of lobbyists. Try that the guy made his carrear by buying out dying business, firing everyone then gutting the place. Try that he has flip flopped on issues more then anyone pretty much ever. Its not just vibes, the guy puts the slick in slick willy(and nots not even counting the slime from his haircut).[/QUOTE]

Ok. Assuming that's all true, I can make just as many baseless arguments against Obama's past.

I'm still not seeing any evidence of hard issues that he stands for or has pushed politically in the past that is "worse" than Pallin.

I find it hypocritical that I was blasted in another thread for essentially making the same "He's too slick and has a shady past" argument about Obama.

It's perfectly fine to hate Romney for the stated reasons, btw. Just as long as it is realized that they are very superficial reasons.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Ok. Assuming that's all true, I can make just as many baseless arguments against Obama's past.

I'm still not seeing any evidence of hard issues that he stands for or has pushed politically in the past that is "worse" than Pallin.

I find it hypocritical that I was blasted in another thread for essentially making the same "He's too slick and has a shady past" argument about Obama.

It's perfectly fine to hate Romney for the stated reasons, btw. Just as long as it is realized that they are very superficial reasons.[/QUOTE]

Difference is my claims are not baseless.......the fucking person that ran his camp was a lobbyists. He is rich as shit and the job he did was a job that was off breaking the common man. No one can say crap like this about Obama.....because its not true. You can say the whole Rev Wright thing would make you nervous and maybe there would be some acceptablilty there....but outside that he worked as a law professor and community organizing.....oooo scary!

Seriously, iv debated sending you a message saying maybe we had a missunderstanding and we should have a truce(and iv been reading more of your posts again)but then you start with stuff like this. You do take some Democratic and independent views, but I stand by saying I rarely see you question specific republicans but more importantly your constantly blasting Democrats for baseless reasons.

Do any research on Romney and you find lots of shady stuff. Obama as I said there is the whole Rev Wright thing, Rezko and the weather underground.....but all of these things are a fair amount in his past and all of them he had minor connections at best to.......vs having the people run his damn campaign.

Man, am I the only guy who doesn't dislike Romney?

Granted, I'd never vote for the guy. But I still think he's alright.

Like Mike Huckabee.

That said, I did find it hilarious that one of the front runners in the GOP candidacy earlier this year was an effete, liberal, flip-floppin' senator from Massachusetts. That did deliver me lotsa gut laughs.

[quote name='mykevermin']Man, am I the only guy who doesn't dislike Romney?

Like Mike Huckabee.

That said, I did find it hilarious that one of the front runners in the GOP candidacy earlier this year was an effete, liberal, flip-floppin' senator from Massachusetts. That did deliver me lotsa gut laughs.[/QUOTE]

But he ran as the rebirth of Ronald Reagan. He was against all the liberal stuff he once supported....I mean christ he even disavowed his own health care plan which he had used as Governor.

Like Mike Huckabee.

That said, I did find it hilarious that one of the front runners in the GOP candidacy earlier this year was an effete, liberal, flip-floppin' senator from Massachusetts. That did deliver me lotsa gut laughs.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I don't dislike Romney, for a Republican. Although Huckabee is a total scumbag for his religious-based attacks on Romney for being Mormon. And former governor, not senator, of course, but you knew that.

Your attack on Palin for "God is on our side in Iraq" is based on an inaccurate taken-out-of-context quote. She was paraphrasing Lincoln in saying we should pray that our leaders' decisions are keeping us on God's side, surely nothing outrageous if you are religious.

Like Mike Huckabee.

That said, I did find it hilarious that one of the front runners in the GOP candidacy earlier this year was an effete, liberal, flip-floppin' senator from Massachusetts. That did deliver me lotsa gut laughs.[/quote]

Huckabee is dangerous as hell. I think the guy is charismatic, but his policies are dead nutty.

At least Romney was a successful businessman.

Huckabee is a bit extreme in his faith but at least he's neither incompetent nor blatantly corrupt... he'd be a step up from any of the three being discussed. None of his religious fanaticism would ever make it through congress anyway.

Like Mike Huckabee.

I would have felt a lot better about the McCain ticket with Romney on it. Even if he flip flops worse than any politician I have ever seen, I still think he has a good head on his shoulders and would have been a good pick to help the nation through this economic crisis.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I would have felt a lot better about the McCain ticket with Romney on it. Even if he flip flops worse than any politician I have ever seen, I still think he has a good head on his shoulders and would have been a good pick to help the nation through this economic crisis.[/quote]

I completely agree.

[quote name='camoor']Huckabee is dangerous as hell. I think the guy is charismatic, but his policies are dead nutty.

At least Romney was a successful businessman.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure Romney was born with a silver spoon up his ass.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I would have felt a lot better about the McCain ticket with Romney on it. Even if he flip flops worse than any politician I have ever seen, I still think he has a good head on his shoulders and would have been a good pick to help the nation through this economic crisis.[/QUOTE]

See again I would believe this if I felt that Romneys good head lead to good will towards others. His history isnt helping people out in times of crisis, its buying out their business and gutting it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']See again I would believe this if I felt that Romneys good head lead to good will towards others. His history isnt helping people out in times of crisis, its buying out their business and gutting it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you still haven't made any good case for why Romney is the slimy scumbag that you said he is, other than a "feeling". You have to list actual things he did, as governer, that make him a scumbag.

Bringing up things that he did for his business or his job is as consequential on his actions as a president as Obama's association with Reverend Right (i.e. it isn't).
You can say the whole Rev Wright thing would make you nervous and maybe there would be some acceptablilty there....but outside that he worked as a law professor and community organizing.....oooo scary!
I don't care about Rev Wright, really.
The second half of your comment sounds like you are arguing Obama's lack of political experience compared to Romney is a virtue. Which is strange.

Do any research on Romney and you find lots of shady stuff. Obama as I said there is the whole Rev Wright thing, Rezko and the weather underground.....but all of these things are a fair amount in his past and all of them he had minor connections at best to.......vs having the people run his damn campaign.
Oh I have. 10 months ago, Romney was the only interesting person I found possibly worth liking in the campaign, which is why I took issue with what you said. Sure he's flip flopped (who hasn't), but most people here have argued that they prefer a stance changer over someone who's mind is so cemented can't be changed.

My biggest concern/issue with Romney that I found in all my research is simply him belonging to the Republican party (which automatically gets anyone several black thrust marks). But as a man, compared to other politicians - I think he's aces. Full of integrity. The kind of guy I "feel" I can almost trust. Nobody has found any "dirt" on his past, yet.

And for the record, I feel similar (in a sense) for Obama. My absolute biggest issue with Obama is that he's a Democrat (which actually gets someone nearly double the black thrust marks automatically). He seems, to me, like a fine man for the most part, almost like Romney. But there is still something there when I see him speak that I can't put a finger on, that makes me feel hesitant. But -if I had to pick one Democrat that seemed to be as upstanding of a guy as Romney, it would be Obama.

Here's a clip that aired on CNN last night, and thought it was interesting... thought you guys might want to see this if you haven't already. ;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9JTgIkqyOQ[/media]

That mayor's an idiot.
"What could governor Palin have done?"
"Governor Palin could have stopped construction of this road"

Yep, you're right, she could have and then the construction company would have sued the state for breach of contract and gotten the full $27,000,000 anyway... The reporter herself even acknowledges the contract for that road was signed BEFORE she even became governor! Absolutely ridiculous report.

bread's done
Back