Sat, Aug 11 @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off games & PSN, Nintendo, MS point cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Meijer offers its 20% off coupon this Saturday under the name Back to School Bucks! The coupon gives you $3 off an item priced $15 (well, $14.97) or more, $5 off ~$25, and $10 off ~$50, or similar values. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) It sounds like they switched this to their free cell phone-based rewards program, mPerks, so I don't know if they have paper coupons or if you can use the mPerks coupon more than once.

I buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Others prefer to use the self-checkout stations; I think the attendant has to do something, but they’ve worked as well. You can get multiple cards on the same receipt, though I have run into cashiers who want a coupon for each card, so grab a couple copies of the ad as you enter.

Meijer might run this promo one more time before summer ends, but we don't have much summer left, so act today if you want this deal before the winter holidays.

[quote name='jondy1703']Where/how does one get this coupon?[/QUOTE]

The coupons are next to the sales ad, when you walk in the store.

Also Meijer will price match and then you can use the coupon on top of that. It's possible that you will get shot down but it works for me.

Also if you have mPerks, or sign up for it, they send out a $10 off $30 our more.

I got one in July, and then one this week. Unfortunately I already used it, but I might bring back my purchases and use the coupon doubled with the $10 Back to School bucks.

[quote name='jwk94']does it cost anything to sign up for an mperks card?[/QUOTE]

No it is free, just need a cell phone# and they send you about 1 text per week.

[quote name='mvp828']Also if you have mPerks, or sign up for it, they send out a $10 off $30 our more.

I got one in July, and then one this week. Unfortunately I already used it, but I might bring back my purchases and use the coupon doubled with the $10 Back to School bucks.[/QUOTE]
Send you? Via email or txt?

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']No it is free, just need a cell phone# and they send you about 1 text per week.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. Signed up and got the code, will redeem later tonight. Is this in-store only?

[quote name='jwk94']Send you? Via email or txt?[/QUOTE]

They send you a text telling you that it is available, and you have to go online to "clip" the coupons to your account. Then when you check out you just have to enter your number and pin and it will add any perks you have.

Sadly most of the meijers around me are out of $50 PSN cards and haven't had any for months. Had to settle for one $20 card. But that's okay. Just gonna pick up Dyad and Sound Shapes probably.

[quote name='MacMog']Meijer offers its 20% off coupon this Saturday under the name Back to School Bucks! The coupon gives you $3 off an item priced $15 (well, $14.97) or more, $5 off ~$25, and $10 off ~$50, or similar values. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) It sounds like they switched this to their free cell phone-based rewards program, mPerks, so I don't know if they have paper coupons or if you can use the mPerks coupon more than once.

I buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Others prefer to use the self-checkout stations; I think the attendant has to do something, but they’ve worked as well. You can get multiple cards on the same receipt, though I have run into cashiers who want a coupon for each card, so grab a couple copies of the ad as you enter.

Meijer might run this promo one more time before summer ends, but we don't have much summer left, so act today if you want this deal before the winter holidays.[/QUOTE]

meijers has these types a deals once a month it seems

[quote name='atc250es']The coupons are next to the sales ad, when you walk in the store.

Also Meijer will price match and then you can use the coupon on top of that. It's possible that you will get shot down but it works for me.[/QUOTE]

This is false. You have to use Mperks and clip it. Then using cell # and Pin you get the deal.. If you go into the store looking for a coupon your not going to find it. I can confirm this also stacks with any other general merchandise coupon in your Mperks/clipped

[quote name='nddave']This is false. You have to use Mperks and clip it. Then using cell # and Pin you get the deal.. If you go into the store looking for a coupon your not going to find it. I can confirm this also stacks with any other general merchandise coupon in your Mperks/clipped[/QUOTE]

This is the first time the coupons haven't been up front... Usually they are like he said. Regardless, everyone who lives near a Meijer should have mPerks.

I ended up getting a $50 PSN card to buy PSN+ with. Glad I looked up online on my phone I didn't know that you could buy it with PSN cards.

bread's done
Back