Saturn console case variation?

aptanor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
Just wondering, if anybody knows, if there is any actual difference between a normal Saturn and one with the Saturn logo in the top left corner. Was just a little different and I was curious. Looks like this:
sa3668939422-T4.jpg

It came with a sticker.
I never stuck mine.

That Saturn is the 2nd version, it has the circle shaped buttons for power and eject.

That sticker was put there. Their are 2 variations though. One with Oval buttons and the other with circle buttons. That's about it though.

Like others are saying, thats just a sticker. The major redesign simplified the unit and they did away with the access light, changed the shape of the buttons, but there were mainly just two versions. What I look at is the manufacture date and serial number to find what revision it is. There is a picture of a few Saturns from all over the world (Brasil, JPN,EU etc.) with some of color variations I can send you a link to if you care to see them. As far as versions there were Clear gray, clear blueish gray (This is cool, and Derby editions) Normal black, gray, and white asian, smoke and black from Brasil, the Victor ones from Japan were a slightly different color and the Hitachi one also had a different shade and casting. Thats just what I remember off the top of my head. I have about 25 of them and want to document them for a gaming museum project I've started. It's great to keep an eye out for variations. The Sonic Saturn was a Japan Toys R US variation that had a black Sonic on the lid of a white one so variations are out there.

bread's done
Back