Save $10 on games $49.95 on D2D. Civ 5, New Vegas, + more link w/ Steam for $40

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Direct2Drive is offering $10 off any game $49.95. This works on preorders like Civilization 5, RUSE, and Fallout New Vegas. Which brings them down to $40 and no tax for most.

Also, many games (like the ones I just mentioned) use Steamworks, which means you can link them to your Steam account and use them just like you would a Steam purchase.

Use coupon code "schoolsucks" at checkout (no quotes) to receive the discount.

Credit goes to HardlyDanger on the IGN Boards for bringing this to my attention. I didn't see this posted here on the first two pages, or after doing a search.

Enjoy! :D

Wow nice. I was wanting to buy Fallout: New Vegas on Steam anyway. If I could use the serial with Steam, this seems like a no-brainer. Do they do preorders by taking cash out of your account when making the initial purchase, or when the game comes out?

I was typing in the promo code and hit enter

instead of applying the code D2D processed my order (had set up paypal payment agreement when I bought Civ V previously) and charged me :bomb:

it didn't even apply the code :roll:

filed a refund request, hopefully D2D's customer service works quick

[quote name='Jugglenaut']any idea if d2d has a preorder bonus for new vegas, or if we can get steam's preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]

D2D has its own pre-order bonus, the "Tribal Pack":

Tribal Raiding Armor
Pieced together from scraps of armor, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility. *Exclusive to pre-order

Broad Machete
This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks. *Exclusive to pre-order

5 Bleak Venom doses
Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.

10 Throwing Spears
If you would like to silently pin an enemy's head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up buying the deluxe edition of civ 5 with all the bonuses for $50. Was about to pay $60 for it on steam, so getting the savings plus D2D's extra bonuses is a pretty great deal.

bread's done
Back