Save $150 of PS3 with Playstation Credit Card

roller

CAG Veteran
From now until Dec. 31 if you get the Playstation credit card you can save $150 of your purchase of a PS3. It has no annual fee and it extends your warranty. For more details see here.

I did a search and did not see this posted yet but if there is already a thread then please delete this one.

A PlayStation credit card. That'll look mature. It will be like that credit card commercial where the guy pulls out the card with a superhero on it, and the people he wants to do business with bolt.

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out, OP. And yeah, if you apply for a credit card right now, and it will certainly come before December. Usually takes between 7 and 10 business days.

Yeah, credit card companies are eager for you to use their cards, so of course they'll get it to you in a timely manner.

You have two options.... order online w/ the $150 deducted right away, or buy later with the card from an 'authorized retailer' and the $150 should be credited on your bill automagically. If I didn't already have a PS3 I'd be all over this. If I didn't already have a few credit cards, I might get one just for the hell of it.

I assume this is just a specially-branded Sony credit card? I signed up for a Sony card back in June to get $100 off the MGS4 PS3 bundle.
Totally a great deal, as I needed to get a credit card anyway (to start building good credit)

[quote name='Alphateam']Who is an authoirzed seller?
I'd like to combine this with the live.com rebate thing.[/quote]

Possibly Amazon and definitely sonystyle.

Funny, i get a Sony Chase card to get in on some of their deals and now they add this. All this really does is make me just wanna wait and see what discounts are coming next year. Im not gonna keep getting credit cards just to save a few bucks. Two weeks ago Playstation Underground is in with Amazon on a big offer, and now they no longer exist (being reworked on the Sony site). With all the changes it makes sense to see whats next before jumping... Thanks for the news! :bouncy:

Where you go to apply, they only mention the 80GB and 160GB, obviously because they are the current models. I wonder, though, if you could get them to give you the credit if you bought the MGS4 Gunmetal console from Amazon. That would be a great deal.

I really like the card. I don't have a credit card, yet, just a debit. But I need to build up credit and my car payment, though substantial, isn't enough.

0 percent interest for 12 months if you order off Sony Style isn't bad at all considering they have some deals on their HDTVs right now...

Is Sony Style and Sony Rewards the same affliation or are you screwed out of the 0 percent by instantly buying off there?

Is newegg.com an authorized dealer?
It didn't show up on my search because they did it based on my location. I think I am far away from a newegg distribution center.

Well, I did this deal last week.... they let you order the PS3 right away if you apply online. It isn't as good a deal as it looks like, however...

Shipping was $34.01!

And it takes at least 1-2 weeks to ship from their warehouse, so I wont get it for another week or two. I ordered some games and a remote from Amazon and used free shipping and already have everything. I can't believe Sony has the gall to charge that much for 3 week shipping....anyway, I still got an 80 gig PS3 for $284....

Who all is an "authorized retailer"? I want to do this for myself for a Christmas present, but I want to make sure I go to the right place. Also, if I apply will I get the card in time to take advantage of this deal (assuming I don't go the online route)?

[quote name='Wlogan31']Who all is an "authorized retailer"? I want to do this for myself for a Christmas present, but I want to make sure I go to the right place. Also, if I apply will I get the card in time to take advantage of this deal (assuming I don't go the online route)?[/quote]
See my post #9

This has been done to death, but apparently there are always more souls willing to go into debt! Pay it off asap if possible. Then if you have not opened any other lines of credit recently, it really wont hurt you. Unless of course you have a bunch of open credit, or charge it close to max. Its that perfect balance that must be attained.

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Maybe I'll get lucky and the CC going out of business near me will have one on sale...

Well, it finally shipped. Took a week. Now I wonder how long it will take to get here...better be tomorrow for $34 shipping!

[quote name='Otty Ott']Well, it finally shipped. Took a week. Now I wonder how long it will take to get here...better be tomorrow for $34 shipping![/quote]

I did the sonycard deal last month. I got $150 off and FREE shipping. I did have to pay sales tax though. Also, I ordered mine on the weekend, was shipped on Monday, and received it on Thursday.

[quote name='asd77']I did the sonycard deal last month. I got $150 off and FREE shipping. I did have to pay sales tax though. Also, I ordered mine on the weekend, was shipped on Monday, and received it on Thursday.[/quote]

Is going to be 2 weeks this Thursday since the day i ordered, i hope i get it soon. : /

buy the PS3 on Amazon - it's an authorized retailer and by not paying tax you save yourself around $30.. that's something!

I just applied for it today and I got the 30 days message...did anyone else get this and get their cards before then? The only reason I got the card was so I could get the deal I don't want the card after the 31st...

sony/chase get ur info online and for most pple, they give an instant decision (and u get the card in the mail 5-7 biz days after). sometimes they need more time to review ur application, that's what happened to u heavymetalking

This deal looks like it changed, it's $100 card credit now with a bonus offer of an extra $200 card credit when you spend an additional $3000 or more on your everyday purchases. A $99 PS3 is pretty tempting.
Link

Why would anyone jump on this. The interest rate kills you. You end up paying more for what you bought after all the sir charges they add on.

It is sad because the people who get roped by this are the young adults who do not understand what collecting debt can do to your future.

Best thing you can do is just save up and get with out having to worry about making payments.

I myself am someone that pays off my credit cards each month so this would actually be a decent deal. I can't understand why people wouldn't pay off their credit cards each month. That interest rate would be hellious.

There's no interest if you pay it off by the time your payment is due after the first statement (so like max of 45 days). Why do people always assume that cardholders are going to accrue a balance and be bogged down by interest? (Plus the fine print states no interest for the first 12 billing cycles.)

Also, if it's a Chase card, they like to try to get you to sign up for their payment protection plan and then they'll try to rope you into getting their super fraud protection thingy (they already have great fraud protection and it's free).

[quote name='SadExchange82']I myself am someone that pays off my credit cards each month so this would actually be a decent deal. I can't understand why people wouldn't pay off their credit cards each month. That interest rate would be hellious.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I put everything (bills, groceries, gas, etc..) on my credit card and pay it off each month. I can easily rack up $3000 over a month or two.

awesome that its back, and the $200 extra credit after $3000 spent is great, i'll just switch to this card that i buy everything with and pay off every month. That and this probably gets me the better rewards compared to others. Thanks for the new offer heads up.

Is there any fine print for how quickly you need to spend the $3000? is the initial $399 for the ps3 included in the $3000, so you would only need to spend $2600?

[quote name='LordFarquaad']
Is there any fine print for how quickly you need to spend the $3000? is the initial $399 for the ps3 included in the $3000, so you would only need to spend $2600?[/QUOTE]
Click the little "1" superscript on the offer page to get some of those details. Basically, spend $3000 before 6 months are up, but you have to have spent $1500 by the time 3 months are up. The ps3 price is NOT included (it says additional $1500). It says the qualifying ps3 purchase should be $299 or more... not $399, which is sort of interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='colt4by5']Click the little "1" superscript on the offer page to get some of those details. Basically, spend $3000 before 6 months are up, but you have to have spent $1500 by the time 3 months are up. The ps3 price is NOT included (it says additional $1500). It says the qualifying ps3 purchase should be $299 or more... not $399, which is sort of interesting.[/QUOTE]

man, i was looking for the details, didnt know you could click on the superscript 1 and 2. Thanks...

Does anyone see a reason why Amazon won't work for the new $100 with additional $200 off deal? I'll do Sony Style if I have to, but there doesn't seem to be any fine print that states that is necessary.

Actually there isn't anything stating you have to buy a PS3 since it states, first purchase over $299. I assume they know most people will just get a PS3.

[quote name='colt4by5']Click the little "1" superscript on the offer page to get some of those details. Basically, spend $3000 before 6 months are up, but you have to have spent $1500 by the time 3 months are up. The ps3 price is NOT included (it says additional $1500). It says the qualifying ps3 purchase should be $299 or more... not $399, which is sort of interesting.[/quote]

Perhaps a price drop is coming? ;)

[quote name='RCS0926']Perhaps a price drop is coming? ;)[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm thinkiing :), although I've seen numerous articles where Sony says they aren't dropping the price anytime soon. I'd like to know a couple things...

1. Where can we get the ps3... anywhere? authorized dealer? only sony style? (this has already been asked a few times).

2. How long do we have to buy the ps3, assuming we have the credit card in hand? I'll be pissed if I go get a credit card and then find out I waited too long to buy the ps3 cause I was waiting for a deal from the store where I get the ps3.

Otherwise, I think I'll pull the trigger. I'd love to see someone post a sweet ps3 deal, like 20% off at Dell... that would end up being a $20 ps3... $400*.8=$320-$300=$20! PLUS, you'd end up with at least $30 of playstation points from using the card, so it's like Sony PAYS YOU $10 to buy a ps3! Hey, I can dream :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and signed up for a card. Upon being approved, I received the following message, "Your new Visa card and complete information will be mailed to you within the next 2 weeks." If there's no new information here when I receive my paperwork I'll report back any details about the $300 cash back. Figure worst case scenario I just cancel the card without using it, best case scenario I get a $99 PS3 from Amazon.

bread's done
Back