Save $20 on TMNT at FYE, YMMV?

mjc5068

CAG Veteran
No idea if this is at all FYE's or not, but yesterday when I went to my local FYE they were running this deal. TMNT on Wii, PS2 and 360 were all $20 off instantly. I bought the only 2 copies in the store and headed straight for wal mart...

[quote name='mjc5068'] I bought the only 2 copies in the store and headed straight for wal mart...[/QUOTE]

*gets out popcorn*

I went into EBgames and noticed a still sealed TMNT sitting on the counter. I grabbed that and ran out, running to Walmart as fast as my little legs would take me.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I went into EBgames and noticed a still sealed TMNT sitting on the counter. I grabbed that and ran out, running to Walmart as fast as my little legs would take me.[/QUOTE]

Ha. I saw THREE copies sitting at my local EBGames and told Scotty to beam me up. Booyah!

[quote name='mjc5068']No idea if this is at all FYE's or not, but yesterday when I went to my local FYE they were running this deal. TMNT on Wii, PS2 and 360 were all $20 off instantly. I bought the only 2 copies in the store and headed straight for wal mart...[/QUOTE]

Youve officially hung yourself on this site.

[quote name='crashnburn69']maybe he just needed to buy some stuff from walmart after buying his games. dont jump to conclusions people :)[/QUOTE]

jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg

This thread is CAG Libs!

I bought the only 2 copies in the store and headed straight for wal mart...

...and got 1/2 pound of Boneless BBQ Bites, but the lady gave me .68 lbs, so I made her put back some pieces until it was close to the 1/2 that I actually asked for. I think they're trained to overfill more than the amount you've asked for.

To anyone wondering (myself included until I Googled it), the Jump To Conclusions game is from Office Space...

[quote name='Will']Youve officially hung yourself on this site.[/quote]

I'm embarassed to be the one to have to ask, but someone's gotta do it...

What's being implied by heading "straight to Wal-Mart?"

I'm assuming it's abusing a stupidly lenient return policy, an affront to the noble ideals of CAG. Correct me if I'm wrong?

[quote name='dave auto']I'm embarassed to be the one to have to ask, but someone's gotta do it...

What's being implied by heading "straight to Wal-Mart?"

I'm assuming it's abusing a stupidly lenient return policy, an affront to the noble ideals of CAG. Correct me if I'm wrong?[/quote]The fradulant act of returning something not purchased at WalMart to WalMart. It's illegal, and rightly gets you berated around these boards.

OP: hope you enjoy your $40 and I hope it was worth it. That's not called a deal; that's called stealing.

Nice, I would of been happy to save $20 if it was a game I wanted let alone buying 2 copies to defraud Walmart. Bad Karma will catch up to you at some point my friend, it always does.

Don't you need a receipt? Otherwise, Walmart should refuse the return - it's stupid otherwise.

It's not so bad when you use a copy of a non-exclusive coupon because there should be more distributed (like the Best Buy GGC coupon).

Sorry, didn't know the wal mart swap was looked down upon so much on these boards..... I'll refrain from mentioning it in the future.

[quote name='mjc5068']Sorry, didn't know the wal mart swap was looked down upon so much on these boards..... I'll refrain from mentioning it in the future.[/quote]

Yes, we frown upon stealing. This is a site for finding deals, not for promoting what amounts to theft.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Hmmm. TMNT 360 for 20 bonez? I might bite on that one.[/quote]

It really isn't worth the price, and I'm a huge fan of the franchise who wanted to love it.

Thats just wrong why would anybody want to steal from WalMart. Look im in this for a good bargain on some games that I can enjoy and better fulfill my gaming nead on a crafty budget. Don't be bad to WalMart just ask your local Grocery Store Unions and they will tell you that its bad to be bad at WalMart.

I picked up TMNT at FYE a month or so ago when they had the 40% off any used game coupon. It was a fun game, I beat it in a week and sold it back for a couple dollar profit with the backstage pass card.

On another note, does anyone know if FYE will match a deal that Best Buy is running where you get two free hd dvd's w/ the purchase of the 360 hd dvd drive? I have a bunch of credit there and it would make the deal real sweet.

OH PLEASE !NOT LIKE WALMART IS GOING TO LOOS ANYTHING, THEY WILL JUST RETURN IT TO THE VENDOR FOR FULL CREDIT BUT iM NOT SAYING IT S OK TO DO THAT , BY HAVING A NO RECIEPT POLICY FOR RETURNS THEY KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN AND BELIVE ME THIS IS A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY THEY KNOW PEOPLE WILL DO IT IF THEY WERE LOOSING ANYTHING THEY WOULD STOP IT .

[quote name='aliberry5983']OH PLEASE !NOT LIKE WALMART IS GOING TO LOOS ANYTHING, THEY WILL JUST RETURN IT TO THE VENDOR FOR FULL CREDIT BUT iM NOT SAYING IT S OK TO DO THAT , BY HAVING A NO RECIEPT POLICY FOR RETURNS THEY KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN AND BELIVE ME THIS IS A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY THEY KNOW PEOPLE WILL DO IT IF THEY WERE LOOSING ANYTHING THEY WOULD STOP IT .[/quote]Whether they can afford it or expect it is not the issue; the issue is that it is still wrong. And I sincerely hope that post was a joke because, wow, I can barely read it.

:lol: @ you people getting mad at him for going to Wal-Mart.

I swear, you people act like you're gifts from God and never do ANYTHING wrong.

On topic: Is the PS2 version marked at $40? I might be up for getting it for $20.

Went to FYE and they didn't have any copies of the PS2 version.

I looked at Bestbuy.com and it says $39.99 for the PS2 version. Are you sure it's on sale?

Last Wednesday, as in 3 days ago, there was a 19.99 tag on the PS2 version at the Merrillville, In, Best Buy because I contemplated getting it for my nephew's upcoming birthday. I decided against it because he plays his DS much more than his PS2.

bread's done
Back